Thread: Been gone, need some help

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    19/32/35
    Type
    1a/M/iii

Default Been gone, need some help

Ok, I've been gone from the board for a long time but now I am BACK. I really want this year the year I get my life, my weight, my hair, etc in the best shape it can be. I have joined TOPS (taking off Pounds Sensibly) to lose the extra 10 or 15 I need to lose, I am thinking about joining karate for some other issues. Now on to my hair, I just classified it- 1a, m, iii. Now, I need to know where to go from here as far as the best conditioners, deep treatments, supplements, etc.

I do bleach my roots at least every month, and presently dye my hair pink or purple (Special Effects- all organic, etc) and have some new Pravana Colorvivids on the way. I think my hair is in fair shape and when I go to the hair salon twice a year for trims, they comment that my hair is in excellent shape. I have slept on a satin pillowcase for years, take Biotin, only blow dye MAYBE once a month if that, don't use heating or styling tools, don't brush when wet, put the hair in a ponytail, etc when riding my motorcycles, eat a fairly good diet, take Pre-natal vitamins, and some other things.
    I would like to know (1) What other supplements would benefit me the most (2) what types of shampoo and conditioner should I be using, (3( What about coconut oil- I am fixing to buy some as I have been told it will help my knees if I eat a tsp a day- so what about my hair and should I put it there. I am making my list for the health food store and would like your opinions before I go. I don't have a lot of money so I would like to get the most for what I do have.
    If you need to ask me any other questions to get the best answers, please do.

Length
    Hip/clsc+/Term?
    Type
    1a/F/i/ii

Default Re: Been gone, need some help

Welcome back! Your pink hair is awesome looking!
    Even though you're not a newbie, you might want to (re)read Ursula's Standard Newbie Advice http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...e&articleid=39
    This article http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...e&articleid=79 on Damaged Hair: Understanding, Preventing & Rehabilitating is also really helful.

As for supplements, I know a lot of people like fish oil (or flax seed oil) (this could help with joint issues too!) In my opinion the type of shampoo/conditioner you use doesn't matter so much as how you use them (see Ursula's advice.) I would use the coconut oil before bleaching, at least. See this thread: http://www.longhaircommunity.com/for...ad.php?t=10495

Also, ponytails aren't the most protective updo, so you might want to look into some more protective buns using hairsticks or something like that.
    Sorry if there were a bit too many links in this post. Good luck with your hair!