Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Stylist Appreciation Thread

Length
    BSL/26.5"/HIP
    Type
    2c/F/ii

Default Stylist Appreciation Thread

I've noticed that there's a certain amount of stylist bashing on this forum, as well as some success stories. I thought it would be nice to make a thread for people's good salon experiences. This could also serve as a resource for finding LHC-friendly stylists So if you've had a good experience, post your location and the name of the salon/stylist!

(Unfortunately I'm a poor student and cut my own hair, so I'm afraid I don't have any recommendations myself.)

Length
    20/25/38,WL
    Type
    2b/2c/M/iii

Default Re: Stylist Appreciation Thread

This is a great idea! I hop this thread becomes huge! there are so many great stylists on here that need to be appreciated! I have nothing to add, sorry, but much love to LHC stylits!
    Meow to all!!! /\_/\ (=O.O=) (#) (#)

Length
    10/22/39
    Type
    1b/F/ii

I always thought about becoming a stylist for a long hair care salong but doing hair isn't my passion so it wouldn't be worth my $60k to get a liscense! But I appreciate the LHC stylists! i wish we had more

abob13"//CBL18"//APL21"//BSL24 1/2"//WL28"//HL32"//TBL39"//CL or bust 44 1/2"

Length
    21 in/44 in/42 in
    Type
    1a/F/ii

I had a great stylist here in Northern Indiana. She researched product for me before my appointment. For the trim, she took off exactly the amount I asked for. PM me if you are ever in this part of the US!
    Lady Lostariel of the Ever-Flowering Gardens in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    www.atcsforall.com , www.rubberstampchat.net,

Length
    18?/24/27
    Type
    1a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by hermosamendoza View Post
    I always thought about becoming a stylist for a long hair care salong but doing hair isn't my passion so it wouldn't be worth my $60k to get a liscense! But I appreciate the LHC stylists! i wish we had more
    Wow-wee!!! 60k?? What kind of school is this?
    Damn. Mine cost $21,000. Getting the license+testing costs...$125 in NV.
    California $110. Retest $75.

I love long hair <3 I wish there were more people in my area on this Forum. I know there is probably NO ONE who lives in my town on this site either. I have found a few that live an hour away..and 2 hours away, but that is just too far.
    I so wish I could be one of the LHC's stylists. Everyone would be so happy I wish I could work in a salon that really specializes on long hair, Like the GM salon. I do not believe there is anything like that here though. Closest is in the bay area..and I will NEVER, ever...live in the bay area.

On the other hand..I have never had a bad experience in a salon. I set myself up to never have one though..I always wanted a new cut, so I anticipated it no matter how much was cut off. I also have never tried to really grow my hair out. I am also blessed that every stylist I have ever gone to was AMAZING! I am so sad..my guy here moved away to NY. All the way across the whole damn country.
    Taking an LHC break.

Length
    18?/24/27
    Type
    1a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Hollyfire3 View Post
    This is a great idea! I hop this thread becomes huge! there are so many great stylists on here that need to be appreciated! I have nothing to add, sorry, but much love to LHC stylits!
    I also think this is a cool idea I hope it gets lots of love and attention too.
    Every time I see a happy stylist or successful haircut thread it never ever gets as much love as the bashing ones do though
    Sad fact may be that many have never had a good time in a salon.
    Taking an LHC break.

Length
    7/BSL/IDK
    Type
    1b/F/ii

I have a great stylist. She never trims more than I ask and is very supportive of me having long hair. I often go in and say I don't know what I want and she gently tells me to do nothing more than a trim so I won't be sorry.

Tries to Help Everyone jacqueline101's Avatar
    Length
    slh/Hip/Knee
    Type
    1b/F/iii

My stylist did a good job two out of three. Maybe it was a misunderstanding. I'm going back next spring.

http://51303.photobucket.com/user/ja...ker101/profile
    Some say I'm nearing hip and my fat ate the hair I'm jacqueline101 not a pronoun
    jacquelinewalker101.blogspot.com

Length
    26"/31"/60"
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

I had a wonderful stylist when I lived in Texas. She was supportive of my wish to grow out long hair, told me the truth about bangs (fringe) thus saving me from a bad mistake for my particular face. She never tried to sell me product. She was awesome.
    If you ever find yourself in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area, PM me and I'll give you her location.
    Oh, Christina, I miss you!
    Lady Cookie of the Chopin Realm in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/frtip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

My stylist is pretty good. She's my DD's best friend so I really have no choice. Nah......... that's not true. But I do like to support my daughter, and going to the stylist is something we do together. No complaints.