Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Best oil for fine hair?

Length
    14"/25"/31"
    Type
    1b/1c/F/ii

Default Re: Best oil for fine hair?

So last night I used an interesting Japanese shampoo sample sent by the website TrueRenu that I got the camellia oil from. They are an awesome website for all the cool samples they send, including candy! I swear there must be some LHCers on the reviews there. Anyway, the shampoo was volumizing by NS-K, which I might try again. I waited a bit until my hair was half-dry and then smoothed 3 drops from mid-shaft to ends per the picture instructions (since I don't read Japanese!) When it dried, it was definitely shinier at the ends, but not as soft as I expected. To be fair, my expectations are probably pointless as I never have used oil.

It concealed the broken ends from having had a perm a long time ago and some flatironing while it was growing, which is good. Today I tried putting a lot on while I exercised and then washing it out afterwards. It looks about the same, except I missed a part and that part is oily.

I am going to give it a few weeks before making a verdict. I need to try it without the volumizing NS-K shampoo b/c that is definitely different than anything I have used. I should try it tomorrow with some CV shampoo bars.
    BSL to above the jaw bob now lob and headed back down

Length
    20"/22.5"/Waist
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i/ii

Hmm.. Re: Camillia oil, I originally brought some for my fine hair but found it doesn't absorb as well as I imagined and leaves the ends somewhat greasy. Could that be because I use silicone shampoo/conditioners? (Kerastase nutritive/resistance range) maybe the oil can't penetrate those as well as coconut oil does? Even coconut oil absorbs....... After a few days. However I've found another use for camellia oil.. As a face serum! Seriously amazing and also protects against UVs.

Length
    12/22/34
    Type
    2b/F/M/i/ii

I read mineral oil was good. Does anyone agree or is coconut oil better?

Length
    CBL/BSL/TB
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Lilli View Post
    Thank you, everyone! I got camellia oil from Amazon and am going to try it tonight after wash while my hair is damp. I will report back!
    Camellia is my favorite too. It's a great choice.

{APL♥ BSL♥ MBL ♥ Waist ♥ Hip ♥ TBL ♥ Classic}

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    26/29/32
    Type
    2a/F/ii

I mix a little bit of camelia, Argan and coconut oil together and have found it to be the best combination for my fine hair

Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii

I've tried at least 10 different oils on my fine hair and it likes sunflower the best, grapeseed second. My hair hates coconut oil.

Length
    pixie/pixie/44
    Type
    1a/F/iii

Wow, zombie thread. But since I'd previously responded, and my preferences are different now, I figured I'd respond. I've since made my peace with coconut oil, mostly as a leave in. While I still do sunroom sometimes use the grape seed and rosehip seed, my current favorite are babassu and argan.
    after henna, no 'cones, no sulfates, my hair no longer tries to strangle me in my sleep. I guess we can be friends now.
    Google+