Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Time to cut?

Length
    12"/33"/???
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

Default Re: Time to cut?

I'm always trying to delay trims, and the best way to do that is to do an EVOO soak, it gets rid of the crunchy and snaggly bits. Worth a try if you really don't want to trim right away.

So I clarified (With HE Drama Clean Shampoo) and then washed with Organic Care Shampoo and Conditioner in one. Skipped condish. Hair is feeling soft and fluffy now (I think I needed that clarify!) but the ends are still feeling weird. When I ponytail my hair, so the ends are all on the top (I have layers) when i pull my hand down my ponytail i can feel all the dry, bumpy bits. I think its protein overload, because i've heard coconut oil is protein - I use that almost once a week! Should I do an EVOO soak? Anything else for deep moisture sans protein treatment? Thanks!

Length
    Waist/BSL/???
    Type
    1c/2a/C/ii

I get the dry, crunchy feeling in my ends too yet they are not visibly damaged. Castor oil usually does the trick for me. I just let my ends soak in it for an hour then wash it out with clairifying conditioner and conditioner. When they dry they always feel a lot better.

Ooh, and another thing. I have never, not ONCE found a split end in my hair. I got my friend to look, and my sister too, and they couldn't even find any!! So I dont think it's damage...

≈ωаѵєs оŋ τнє оcєаŋ≈ xoxophelia's Avatar
    Length
    26"/35"/waist
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii/iii

I am a firm believer in never cutting your hair unless you really REALLY have to.

Try everything else first and then if that doesn't work do a .5" trim. It will make a bigger difference than you might think.

~~embracing nature's waves~~
    instagram: monophonatic

Length
    buzz/ear/WL+
    Type
    1c/M/iii

I'm going to echo clarifying. I had rough, crunchy ends, but I didn't use any 'cones or protein products. Well, lots of other things can build up. After one wash with a clarifying shampoo, my ends felt better. Try clarifying before deciding whether or not to trim.