Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How do you do when it rains?

Default Re: How do you do when it rains?

My hair is usually in a bun but when it rains I put my scarf over my head, similar to a hijab. The weird, hateful looks are worth the hair protection!

Length
    APL/Knee/Knee
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

If you don't like putting it inside your clothes, maybe just twist it into a loose bun or a sausage shape you can lay along your neck. You should find a twisting method that sits happily. I have a way I use if my hair is down when I go to the toilet!

I don't wear my hair loose when I am out but from what you say I think you just want a way to lift the last few inches of hair to be under your brolly. As for how others keep their ends dry, most of us here wear our hair up as a matter of course.
    Finally at knee, with a new quest for thick ends!
    📸 Hairstagram

Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

Necessity is the mother of invention.

At some point if it is bothering you enough you will come up with something that works for you. I've had to play around with a few situations as my hair got longer until I found the right solution for me. The comments from other members were always a tremendous help in trying to come up with a solution that worked.
    Last edited by LaurelSpring; December 27th, 2010 at 08:11 PM. Reason: added info
    All Shall Be Well,
    And All Shall Be Well,
    And All Manner of Things Shall Be Well.

Length
    BUZZ/APL/???
    Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

My hair is always up, so I just flip up the hood of my jacket and on I go with my day. If I'm wearing a braid I just make sure the end is tucked in.
    F/ii/goodbye henna!

Length
    21/22/BSL
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

I basically don't leave home without a pashmina so I just wrap that around my neck with my hair under it and then use an umbrella :-)

Length
    Waist/BSL/???
    Type
    1c/2a/C/ii

I use a coat with a hood as well as an umbrella so I have two layers of hair protection. Sometimes I also just keep it tucked in to my coat until I get out of the rain.

Length
    2/26/~30
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/iii

Mine is BS length and umbrella usually protects it very well save for a few strands which I don't mind. If by any chance (a fat one with me) I don't have an umbrella on me I just put it up in a bun or pony tail or braid it. Rain can make another problem - frizz

Hair is like cat. You can't really tame it, you just have to care and enjoy.

Length
    18/33/38+
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Well if my jacket/coat doesn't have a hood (Thats my first choice)then i will kind of tuck my hair in my shirt. like put my hair to the back then put my coat/jacket over it. Keeps it protected great in my opinion

Length
    9.8/13.8/19.7
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

This last days is not raining here, but I will try all the options soon and I will choose one. Thanks!!!!!

Length
    31.5"/42"/45"
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

Red face Re: How do you do when it rains?

Am I the only one who thinks that rainwater is not that bad for the hair? When I am going somewhere I hide it of course under hood or umbrella. But... when I am on an orienteering competition and the weather is bad I sometimes get soaked to the skin - hair and all. I let it dry naturally and it feels nice. Maybe a bit wavier but I enjoy it. However, I must admit that I live in an area where the air and thus the rain is not that polluted...