Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: He's scared to hug me!

Type
    2c/M/ii/iii

Default He's scared to hug me!

So, I stabbed my Sweetie with a pencil in my bun... Like a real injury, broken skin and blood! Now he hesitates to hug me and has to position and reposition so he isn't injured.

I'd like to not instill fear upon affection!!!

Bunning is my go-to for busy days... other than clipy-clips, which do work, but are a constant struggle... and GoodDays, which slip out constantly on a bun, what can I do?

I'm so used to just picking up something pointy and controlling my hair with it...

Braids will have to become more common, and I hope they aren't as threatening.

Length
    hip/hip/hurra
    Type
    1a/M/ii

Default Re: He's scared to hug me!

I suggest the purchase of blunt hairsticks for use in lieu of pencils when securing updos (^(oo)^)
    I'm a little piggy! (^(oo)^)v

Length
    ?/30ish/Hip
    Type
    3a/3b/F/M/ii/iii

this may be a little random (just woken up) you know those rubbers (erasers) you gan get to stick on the ends of pencils? how about sticking a couple of those on the pointy ends after doing your do?

Length
    short/knee/knee
    Type
    1c/M/ii

Try blunting the ends of your sticks/sharp pointy toys with some sandpaper. Also be sure that they aren't much bigger than your hair bun.

Hair forks without sharp tips or a sharp bold design will work too.

Like these (the designers also have more styles of course, I just linked a few as samples...) :

Quattro

RavensLair

OregonJewelry

MairzyDozy

DreamingDragonDesigns

(Be advised, I've only purchased from Quattro [I can recommend his stuff] so I can't really give an opinion on the other sellers but they all have pretty great track records from other members here.)

Spin Pins will work too and they sell them in a lot of local shops now.

Ficcarre clips are stab free too.

When things are super crazy for me in the summer I too will often stick pens, pencils whatever is pointy really in my hair and my husband has been poked, jabbed and drawn on.

For the most part I use Ketylo sticks when I bun they can still poke him since they stick out a little bit, they just don't do any damage

Spin Pins are a great suggestion. When I'm feeling lazy I can get away with just using one but two will hold my hair very well all day. You can find them at Target for sure.

Hee hee... my sweetie definitely thinks some of my hair toys are great for double duty as weapons! He thinks this is great and even showed me how best to use them.

Length
    dunno/clsc/clsc
    Type
    2c/M/ii

eep i keep poking my lover in the eye with hair sticks too.. o dear...

why not just use little bobby pins to fix your bun instead of a stick? or try some ribbons,, soft and fancy and harmless.

Type
    2b/M/iii

Given the length of your hair, I'd suggest 3 inch crimped hair pins. Weave them into your bun/braids in the north/south/east/west position. If you just stick them in, they will eventually fall out. By weaving them in (think of a running stitch in sewing) you'll be able to secure your hairdo so that it will stay put.

Length
    33 In/33 In/40 In
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

I use a couple double pointed knitting needles that I had the DH bend into a U shape for me. They secure well for me and the pointy ends are safely secured in your bun. Also, they are safe from any little hands that would otherwise pull a hairstick out of my hair >.>

Type
    1b/M/C/ii/iii

It happened to me too!
    We have dangerous hair!