Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Castor oil + Monistat?

Length
    17"/WL/Hip
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

Default Castor oil + Monistat?

Ok, I'm sold on the wonders of Monistat. (Almost 3 inches of growth in a little over three months- woo hoo!!) I often "cut it" with something, like blend it with this other hair product I have to make it last a little longer. I have also been reading about Castor oil applications and how they help to increase thickness... so I'm wondering if anyone has ever tried combining castor oil with Monistat for increased thickness and faster growth (and had success with that), or am I just pushing my luck?

"Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet, and the winds long to play with your hair." - Kahlil Gibran

Length
    1/34.6"/41
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Default Re: Castor oil + Monistat?

I don't mix them but my MN brand has mineral oil in it and it helps to oil your hair to get that out so after the MN has been on my head for a couple of hours or overnight, I oil my scalp with a castor and jojoba oil mix and leave that for a couple of hours too before CO-ing it out.

It seems to work great. If I do this two to three times a week my hair grows about 1 cm a week which is about 1.5 to 2 inches a month.
    1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 CL 15 16 17 18 SL 20 21 22 23 APL 25 26 27 BSL 28 29 30 31 32 WL 34 35 36 HL 38 39 40 TB

Length
    Chin/APL/Waist
    Type
    1a/F/i/ii

This is a good question!

Length
    17"/WL/Hip
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by MinderMutsig View Post
    I don't mix them but my MN brand has mineral oil in it and it helps to oil your hair to get that out so after the MN has been on my head for a couple of hours or overnight, I oil my scalp with a castor and jojoba oil mix and leave that for a couple of hours too before CO-ing it out.

It seems to work great. If I do this two to three times a week my hair grows about 1 cm a week which is about 1.5 to 2 inches a month.
    Wow, that's an incredible growth rate! I will try it this way for a while and see what happens! Thanks for your input.

"Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet, and the winds long to play with your hair." - Kahlil Gibran

Length
    21.5/28/34/TB
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

Oh my I might have to try this as well!!! I have sorta of been using the MN just not to faithful but think I will have to bump it up and pay more attention. (Im just using it on top layer to have it catch up with rest of hair)
    No matter how much you hate your hair someone wishes they could have it!

Length
    17/37.5/53
    Type
    2a/M/ii

That's INSANE growth! I'm still waiting a couple of months to see how the peppermint/rosemary oil is affecting my growth rate/thickness, but this is definitely going on my list of possible future experiments.

Next Stop: Knee
    Shoulder/FTL/Knee

Length
    APL/Hip +/TBL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii/iii

I am going to try the Mn mixed with caster oil so if i have some crazy growth i will let you know and post pics .
    APL 2010 BSL JUL 2010 WSL 2011 HIP 2013 Going for Tailbone December 2017

Length
    17/37.5/53
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by bunzfan View Post
    I am going to try the Mn mixed with caster oil so if i have some crazy growth i will let you know and post pics .
    That would be awesome! I love before/after pics. :drama:

Next Stop: Knee
    Shoulder/FTL/Knee

Length
    APL/Hip +/TBL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelkat View Post
    That would be awesome! I love before/after pics. :drama:
    So do i i will be applying it every 2 days. I did notice last night that it makes your roots greasy but that soon came out when i CO-Washed .
    APL 2010 BSL JUL 2010 WSL 2011 HIP 2013 Going for Tailbone December 2017

Length
    -APL/BSL/WAIST
    Type
    1b/F/M/i/ii

I am now an occasional monistat user but its been getting expensive.

I had been seeing castor oil mentioned here and there...so I tried it tonight.

It was was too sticky and did not wash out well at all. I had to CO twice and its still not really all out. At least the monistat rinses right out with WO.

So...its back to the Moni$tat!
    My goal is to reach WAIST by 12/12/12
    This pic is my starting point on 11/11/11