Thread: from short hair to... longer

Banned
    Length
    1/3/dunno

Default from short hair to... longer

Hello to you all,
    first I hope I post this thread in the right section and I haven't seen some similar thread so here is my question: as a male I would like someday to grow my hair out. I have short hair (well maybe only 2.in) and would like to know how not to look ridiculous during the stage before hair reaches the neck/shoulders. It's not that easy for a male since we obviously do not want to put something in it to hold it back. So not to look too girly, maybe you guys have advices?
    Thanks a lot!

Type
    1b/M/ii

Default Re: from short hair to... longer

Hello there!

Maybe you should try to use a hair gel arranging your hair to the back of your head? Unfortunately you are right - it's easy to look ridiculous during the stage, before hair reaches the length.

Banned
    Length
    1/3/dunno

I already use hair gel for the front of my hair but it starts not to be efficient anymore. I'm afraid it might look too greasy if I put some gel everywhere. Thanks anyway

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/frtip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by castano View Post
    I already use hair gel for the front of my hair but it starts not to be efficient anymore. I'm afraid it might look too greasy if I put some gel everywhere. Thanks anyway
    You might give a different gel a try. It shouldn't look greasy, although it does give a wet look when you use enough to hold hair in place.

I've seen guys deal with the awkward stage of hair growth by wearing hats or bandanas to hold the hair back.

Length
    ?/30ish/Hip
    Type
    3a/3b/F/M/ii/iii

mmmmmm...

http://justjared.buzznet.com/2009/03...cked-back-boy/

(im not a big zac efron fan, just found this on google images searching "slicked hair")

Oh, i have seen matte look gel in most shops... but i think this wet-look is gorgeously vampy

Length
    Pixie/Pixie/?
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/i/ii

its awesome your growing your hair out, i wish you luck and have fun with it

玲弁花

Type
    1b/M/ii/iii

I think you should just put up with looking a little bit silly for a while, that's what I did when I grew out my fringe, I couldn't be bothered with trying to hide it so I just left it. I did look a bit daft for a few months but it doesn't really matter, you know you only have to go through a small amount of time like that before your hair looks nice and other people will notice that you're trying to grow it out, and it's just part of the process.

Banned
    Length
    1/3/dunno

Spidermom, yes it 's a good idea to wear a bandana or something like that. I'll probably stick to it when I decide to start growing it.

I just took a look at how this Zac Efron looks because I didn't know him before but I think his haircut wouldn't suit me very well. Thanks anyway StormVixen.

Thank you BeccaAngel, goog luck to you too!

That's what I thought LocustSpawning, the best solution is to wait until it gets better. Although I might wait until next spring or summer since I would like to look a bit serious at my exams!