View Poll Results: How often do you use heat?

Voters
222. You may not vote on this poll
  • I use heat once a week

11 4.95%
  • I use heat twice a week

8 3.60%
  • I use heat three times a week

7 3.15%
  • I use heat four times a week

4 1.80%
  • I use heat five times a week

3 1.35%
  • I use heat six times a week

0 0%
  • I use heat every day of the week

5 2.25%
  • I rarely/never use heat on my hair

161 72.52%
  • Other - please elaborate

15 6.76%
  • My hair is made of cheese, so I don't need to use heat

8 3.60%
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Heat - how often?

Length
    Chin/APL+/?
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

Default Heat - how often?

So, today I curled my hair for the first time with a curling iron. And it looked really nice, not nearly as frizzy as it usually is. Don't worry; I used the lowest setting and plenty of heat protecter, and I only held it there for 5-10 seconds or so. I was very careful.

Anyways, I started to wonder, how damaging it would be to use this every day? Lots of people do this, and their hair seems perfectly fine. So, I was just wondering how many of you guys are using heat on a regular basis? Please comment below as well
    Just a small selection of hairstyles I have done
    My Brand-new blog: http://hairdiarydash.blog.com
    Password: LHC

Length
    27.5/waist/hip
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Default Re: Heat - how often?

The only time I use heat is the very occasional blow dry in the winter. We are in a very cold part of the world, and there are some days that my hair hasn't dried from the night before and I have to go out. I will blow dry on those days, or I'll be cold all day from the freezing hair.

Length
    Pixie/BSL/BSL
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

I have little time to sit and wait for my hair to dry, so I tend to hairdry it.
    I also straighten with heat protecting spray a few times a week.
    Not ideal, but at this length it looks awful and I feel bad about myself otherwise.
    To bra strap length, and beyond!
    *Pixie*Shag*Jaw*Shoulder*Collarbone*APLBSL

Length
    APL/Hip/FrTip
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

Almost never. I let my hair air dry and wear it up, so there's no need to straighten or curl my hair. Occasionally, I will straighten, but only for special occasions.
    Knitting my way to longer hair.

Length
    TBL/TBL/KL
    Type
    2c/3a/M/iii

Never use heat.
    Lady Amber, High Priestess of Viva Naturalis, in the order of The Long Haired Knights.
    Using Curly Girl approved haircare... but being utterly neglectful of my curls....
    Longest Length: TBL Current: TBL Goal: Knee Length

Well I guess I'd say you could depending on how nice you are to your hair otherwise, like how often do you shampoo, do you trim, what type and how often do you condition, do you oil. If you really like it, play it by ear and see how well your hair does with it. I wouldn't suggest doing it more than once a week, but that's just me.

Length
    18/bob/n/a
    Type
    1b/F/i/ii

I blowdry once every two-ish weeks and straighten about once a month (though never all over, usually just to curl a couple places that my bun "missed".

Length
    26/30.2/44
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/i/ii

I only flat iron my hair on special occasions

I think I did it less than once a month for the whole of last year! and that was before I even joined LHC.

I never blow dry, I never figured out how to do it and make my hair nice. It always used to frizz up like anything.

My new rule will be to only use heat at the hair dressers which after the 1st of feb wont happen again for a very long time :3

I use heat once every two weeks which is a lot lot less than what I used to which was every day,in between I condition,oil,protect (if it does help!),microtrim and dry it naturally!My hair is healthier,less dull,and I have less breakage!I want to grow it long so I will probably make it even spaced!I'm jealous of people using heating tools without damage!(because I know some!)

Length
    11/47/60
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/iii

I had to pick other - and now I shall elaborate. I use heat once or twice a month. I only wash my hair once a week - and sometimes I blow it dry every other wash. So twice a month tops, but I usually end up blowing it out once a month or so. So far as the flat iron goes? If it didn't take so danged long to flat iron my hair, I'd probably do it more often - but as it stands I only flat iron around twice a year for very special occasions. I don't even bother with curling irons or hot rollers - my curls won't hold that way...I have to go for braid waves or soft rollers.