Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rosemary Oil :)

Length
    23/30/hip
    Type
    1b/F/i/ii

Default Rosemary Oil :)

I just bought some rosemary oil and am excited to try it out! How do you use it? Has it made any difference to your hair/scalp?

Default Re: Rosemary Oil :)

Quote Originally Posted by BellCat View Post
    I just bought some rosemary oil and am excited to try it out! How do you use it? Has it made any difference to your hair/scalp?

Woohooo! It will make your hair grow faster :-) I use it *very* diluted 1) in avocado and grapeseed oil and massage it into my scalp and then struggle with how to wash it off since I don't use shampoo or conditioner, and 2) mix a few drops in rosewater, put it in a spray bottle, shake and spray it on my hair whenever I feel like I can't wake up in the morning.

Length
    23/30/hip
    Type
    1b/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by PolarCathy View Post
    Woohooo! It will make your hair grow faster :-) I use it *very* diluted 1) in avocado and grapeseed oil and massage it into my scalp and then struggle with how to wash it off since I don't use shampoo or conditioner, and 2) mix a few drops in rosewater, put it in a spray bottle, shake and spray it on my hair whenever I feel like I can't wake up in the morning.
    Yay! I'm excited to see results? Has your growth improved much? I don't have any oils to mix only olive? would that do?

Quote Originally Posted by BellCat View Post
    Yay! I'm excited to see results? Has your growth improved much? I don't have any oils to mix only olive? would that do?
    Well it is growing much faster but I am not sure if it's the rosemary alone or the avocado because avocado is said to have some effects like that too I used to rub it in my scalp once or twice a week now that I want my hair grow faster because I cut it a few weeks ago.

I am sorry I don't know about olive, my hair is so fine that I certainly wouldn't be able to wash that out at all with the water-only routine (maybe not even by shampooing twice) so I never use that. But there are so many lighter oils - I am in Sweden and here I can easily get: walnut, grapeseed, pumpkin seed, almond oil (these are light compared to olive), I'd use any of those. But I don't see a problem with olive if you can wash it out. GL

But PLEASE never ever put any UNDILUTED essential oil on your scalp.

Length
    23/30/hip
    Type
    1b/F/i/ii

haha of course Thanks

Length
    #1 BC/neck/TBL
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/i/ii

Out of curiosity, why?
    I've never used essential oils and I'm not actually sure exactly what is considered an essential oil..

Quote Originally Posted by LissaJane View Post
    Out of curiosity, why?
    I've never used essential oils and I'm not actually sure exactly what is considered an essential oil..
    Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Essential_oil
    in small doses.

Thing is, essential oils are very concentrated. Many of them are toxic when ingested, for example peppermint oil (not the amount in toothpastes though) while it is safe to drink peppermint tea.. I think among the well-known essential oils there is only one that is safe to put on the skin undiluted, that is lavender oil, but I am not sure how the scalp would react. I often use lavender oil undiluted on my face and arms when fishing (it is insect repellent). Other than that, better to be safe with EOs.

Btw I forgot about rosemary that pregnant women shouldn't use it at all, nor people prone to seizures.

<-- forgot to delete

Type
    1a/M/ii

I also like rosemary oil
    I use it for pre-wash overnight oilings (diluted in a carrier oil), and I think I noticed more babyhairs growing in since I started using it (though it's too eraly to be absolutely sure, started using it not so long ago).
    I started using it after I read somewhere it incurages hair growth, LOL