Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rosemary Oil :)

Length
    17"/22"/30"
    Type
    2c/F/iii

Default Re: Rosemary Oil :)

I love the smell of rosemary EO and used to have some curl enhancing product that had it as an ingredient that I really liked as well (back when I was using conventional products). I have some difficulty resisting the urge to roll around in my rosemary bushes all summer as I walk up and down the path next to my house, haha.

I haven't used it lately though because I've read something about it potentially bringing out darker colors in your hair. Is this true? Or is it blond safe?

Length
    23/30/hip
    Type
    1b/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by cataphract View Post
    I love the smell of rosemary EO and used to have some curl enhancing product that had it as an ingredient that I really liked as well (back when I was using conventional products). I have some difficulty resisting the urge to roll around in my rosemary bushes all summer as I walk up and down the path next to my house, haha.

I haven't used it lately though because I've read something about it potentially bringing out darker colors in your hair. Is this true? Or is it blond safe?
    i looooove the smell too!
    I have read it does darken over time but I think only with frequent use. Blondes are lucky though you get honey ^.^

I only use it now with olive oil scalp massage as I don't have a carrier oil but I don't use it often enough yet too see my already dark dark hair darker lol

Quote Originally Posted by BellCat View Post
    I only use it now with olive oil scalp massage as I don't have a carrier oil but I don't use it often enough yet too see my already dark dark hair darker lol
    You've got beautiful hair!

Located in Elkridge, Maryland (USA) and Toronto, Ontario (Canada)

Yes all essential oils well practically all, must be used diluted with another base oil or henna paste, or other ingredients to stretch it out so it's not full strength. It is very concentrated and can be harmful. Luckily that's also a good thing so that the oil goes a long way as well.

Length
    23/30/hip
    Type
    1b/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by PolarCathy View Post
    You've got beautiful hair!
    Thanks It doesnt usually look like that!

Quote Originally Posted by BellCat View Post
    Thanks It doesnt usually look like that!
    Well, at least it has the potential to look like that -- and when it doesn't, you can always have a look at the photo and feel better

Length
    23/30/hip
    Type
    1b/F/i/ii

Well, at least it has the potential to look like that -- and when it doesn't, you can always have a look at the photo and feel better
    hehe exactly!!

If it really darkens hair, I should use it more. I just noticed a few days ago (and it came as a shock) that I have some white hairs. Not grey, white. Silver. Found like ten, long curly silver hairs. I mean they have been there for a while, the longest I found was 15 cm+. I am a little bit young for that I think. (I would like to think.) Stress?...

But I've run out of it. Should get some. But come on, rosemary oil in the middle of nowhere? EBay? Takes weeks to get here

Length
    23/30/hip
    Type
    1b/F/i/ii

If it really darkens hair, I should use it more. I just noticed a few days ago (and it came as a shock) that I have some white hairs. Not grey, white. Silver. Found like ten, long curly silver hairs. I mean they have been there for a while, the longest I found was 15 cm+. I am a little bit young for that I think. (I would like to think.) Stress?...

But I've run out of it. Should get some. But come on, rosemary oil in the middle of nowhere? EBay? Takes weeks to get here
    it's supposed to help alot with white/grey hairs so you should try it out and let us know if it helps :P

Probably it's getting white to blend with the (constant) snow Like the arctic fox. Then rosemary can't help