Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: First crown wrap straightening!

Length
    23,2/27,6/Clsic
    Type
    1c/2a/M/iii

Default Re: First crown wrap straightening!

Wow, it looks gorgeus
    Lady Phemonoe of the Lilting Song in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    Waist/BSL/???
    Type
    1c/2a/C/ii

What perfect results!

Account Closed by Member Request

I managed to get my hair wrapped! I've had it wrapped and full of bobby pins and in a sacrf for hours, and I'm about to sleep on it. I hope it's dry by then...

but if it doesn't turn out well this time it doesn't matter. I managed to wrap may hair at this length! it was seperating out the crown that did the trick.

Length
    TBL/BSL+/CL
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Athena's Owl View Post
    I managed to get my hair wrapped! I've had it wrapped and full of bobby pins and in a sacrf for hours, and I'm about to sleep on it. I hope it's dry by then...

but if it doesn't turn out well this time it doesn't matter. I managed to wrap may hair at this length! it was seperating out the crown that did the trick.
    How did you do it? I'm dying to wrap my hair but the only time i did it i felt like i got a ton of breakage from combing that way and flipping the hair 100 times while it was wet/damp,I have looked at your pictures and your hair is gorgeous,are you sure you're ii only?

Account Closed by Member Request

yes, it's not that thick, the curls just make it look like it has more volume.

What I did - after washing I pulled my hair back fairly smoothly, mad a pony tail and did a braid with long satin scarves as the other strand, and went to bed.

when I got up and too the braid out, my length was still damp but the crown and ends were kinda dry. I misted the ends a bit, and combed my hair out, sectioning off a good portion of hair at the crown. I put that in a bun, and wrapped the rest.

to wrap, i simply smoothed from where I started, laid it down and pinned it. I only concerned myself with making the three inches I was going to pin down flat, and then moved along. it was faster than I thought.

then I took my bun out, divided that in half, and bunned one half. I got it gently untangled and then started guiding it along the wrap, pinning it down.

The third section was a bit tricky, but I gently got it wrapped too, and then I wrapped my hair with a headscarf to disguise all the pins.

I used large size bobby slides.

now that I've taken it out, I still have some stubborn wave patterns in places. it's as good a job as I would get from a salon blowout - well, maybe a bit better. My hair is resistant to going straight. I think I could do a better job with practice, but as it is now it's fine for updos.

and I have a party tonight so I have to find me a party hairstyle!

Length
    18/37/???
    Type
    2c/3a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Athena's Owl View Post

What I did - after washing I pulled my hair back fairly smoothly, mad a pony tail and did a braid with long satin scarves as the other strand, and went to bed.

when I got up and took the braid out, my length was still damp but the crown and ends were kinda dry. I misted the ends a bit...
    That sounds like a good idea. It's really hard to wrap the crown hair so you don't wind up with any odd bumps, but by letting it dry first, that problem can be eliminated if it's already dried into a more natural pattern. I may be stealing that. Thanks for posting it!

I'm so happy you've met with some encouraging results!

I've done it a couple more times since my first post, and I'm starting to believe in "beginner's luck." The first wrap went up really easily and came out really well. Subsequent wraps turned up kinks in the crown and escaped ends, and kept falling in my face when I was pinning up my wet hair. (However, both wraps still came out better than if I were to use a hairdryer.) I have noticed that it's much easier to get the hair into the wrap when the ends are very wet, because they're much more willing to stay put rather than sproing out all over the place.

I've also noticed that since I put coconut oil on my hair from ears down while it is wet, the oil can be distributed rather too close to my scalp when I am brushing my hair around my head. It's not so much that my hair looks greasy, but I can tell I'm going to have to be really careful about not using too much oil. Still a lot of work that needs to be done!