Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: First crown wrap straightening!

Length
    2/26/~30
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/iii

Default Re: First crown wrap straightening!

I's amazing and it suits you so well.
    I could never get so smooth length and ends. crown and roots - easily but the rest would be just oddly kinky.

Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Great job I've been wanting to try wrapping but don't think I'm that coordinated ... But seeing your great results make me want to try !

Length
    pixie/Shldr/APL
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii/iii

It looks great! I have to admit, I think your curls are gorgeous, so I was a little nervous, but your hair looks stunning straight as well! It suits you either way. Good job!
    Last edited by 2peasinapod; December 6th, 2010 at 01:21 AM. Reason: spelling
    26/8/1916 - 21/09/2010

Length
    12/25/35
    Type
    2a/M/i/ii

Those are some very good results!

You can still have straight hair without the damage
    Chin - Shoulder - APL - BSL - Waist - Hip - Tailbone
    - No Heat - Veggie Dyes - No Cuts -

Length
    pixie/Nape/25+
    Type
    2b/M/ii

It looks great! Wrapping does work, once you try it a few times and get it down right, at least for me. There was a learning process though. I used to do it when my hair was a bit longer than it is now. But I am almost back to the length where I can wrap it, and I am excited!
    Last edited by aenflex; December 6th, 2010 at 08:22 AM. Reason: add/sp
    We can never obtain peace in the outer world until we make peace with ourselves. - Dalai Lama

Length
    Chin/Bra/WKs?
    Type
    3b/3c/F/M/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by PraiseCheeses View Post
    Yeah, I'm one of those who fight their natural texture. I'm working on learning to work with the waves and curls, but at this point I'm just so used to straight hair! I *finally* got around to straightening via wrapping and leaving overnight - and it. is. awesome. I wish I'd known about this years ago!

Here's what I have naturally (yes, it's a rather old pic but it's the only one I have right now):

and here's how it came out, first thing in the morning (i.e. this is no glamour shot by any means!):

I need to tweak it a bit of course, but I'm thrilled it worked so well the first time!

(I hope the pics show up in the thread okay...)

I'm so sad I can't see the pics but I take your word for it!

Oh please please pleeeeeaaase tell me what you did! Though I'm learning to like my natural texture I STILL battle to-the-death with it most of the time And once it gets long enough, I would love to have such a nice trick like this under my belt!

Account Closed by Member Request

Quote Originally Posted by PraiseCheeses View Post
    I first separated a circle of hair at my crown and clipped it up out of the way, which left me with a ring of freehanging hair. Then, starting at my right temple, I brushed the ring of hair counterclockwise around my head so it lied flat, pinning with bobby pins where the ends flipped out. Now I had a counterclockwise swirl of hair pinned flat to my head. Then I took the crown circle hair out, combed it straight back, divided it in half down the middle, and pulled both halves down and slightly toward each other so they formed a gentle X near my nape where they crossed over each other. Then I kept wrapping them around to the front of my head in opposite directions, pinned the ends, and covered the whole thing with a scarf and went to bed.
    You know it's my hair at the crown the gives me problems when I try to wrap. I'm going to give it another go. my hair is really long and quite curly, but if I can pull this off, then anyone can. off to get clips!

Length
    14"/25"/waist
    Type
    2c/M/C/ii

I love wraps, they work wonders for my frizzy hair. Yours looks beautiful.

I blow dried my hair straight yesterday so tonight to eek out my straightness I will sleep in a wrap so I don't have to do anymore damage. I also sit under my dryer with a wrap on which seems to help speed things up. My head is covered with a silk scarf.

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/frtip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Beautiful! I wonder if I'd look like a bubble head if I tried it; too much hair!

Length
    18/37/???
    Type
    2c/3a/F/ii

rena - Don't be sad; a few more posts and you'll find a whole new world awaiting you here! :P

Athena's Owl Good luck! Please post about your results! You'd be a shining beacon of hope for many here!

spidermom - From what I remember of your other signature pics, I'm thinking you might look something like this while your head was wrapped if you tried.

Thanks for all the feedback everyone!