Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Will Honey turn "natural black hair" grey?

Account Closed by Member Request
    In the Realm of Innovative Hair Care Methods

Default Re: Will Honey turn "natural black hair" grey?

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamkitty View Post
    Sorry to bother you again but I have mixed the honey right now with water, its in a jar (lid closed) sitting in the bathroom.

What I want to do today is test the honey in the front part of the strands in my hair. Im going to do this honey treatment reguarly when I wash my hair, just a few strands so I can look in the mirror easily to see if the color has changed.

A few things im curious about.

1. I have Amla oil left on my hair few days ago, will it cause a problem with the honey mixture?

2. How long should I leave it on my hair for and can I just leave my hair out in the open, since its just a few strands, also should I wet the hair strands and then apply the honey?
    You are not bothering me at all.

1. It may.

2. You need to read this first, http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...read.php?t=148, the first post, to get an idea of what to do.

There are pictures at the end of the post.

The dilution reported to work the best is 1 tablespoon honey to 6 tablespoons water, preferably distilled, 2 to 12 etc. You can add spices (after patch testing), to boost the peroxide level or oil (coconut or extra virgin olive oil). A good post to read quickly is this one, http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...postcount=1628.

This one has more detail, http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...postcount=1096.

Ktani, thanks again. I read all the threads, well today is a bit of a weird testing. There was a little bit of honey left in the jar so I put some distilled water in the jar, shaked it about and just left it to rest so today I didn't measure but I know I put more water in then the honey so thats good. I put some extra virgin olive in it. Whats funny is that I have milk & honey shampoo and conditioner but by reading your thread I will just use the shampoo.

Ktani, thanks again. I read all the threads, well today is a bit of a weird testing. There was a little bit of honey left in the jar so I put some distilled water in the jar, shaked it about and just left it to rest so today I didn't measure but I know I put more water in then the honey so thats good. I put some extra virgin olive in it. Whats funny is that I have milk & honey shampoo and conditioner but by reading your thread I will just use the shampoo.
    You are most welcome!

Good luck and please update. If you have any questions I am happy to help if I can do so!

ktani wins "most helpful LHC-member of the day" for all this great info!!

Quote Originally Posted by triumphator! View Post
    ktani wins "most helpful LHC-member of the day" for all this great info!!
    Hardly, but thank you! There are many great replies on these boards.

ktani!, I want to update after one treatment lol I am so pleased with the results, Im so excited. The honey treatment worked!. When I was in the bath washing out my hair, I could already see the brunette-reddish colour on my hair close up, after my wash I could see my hair looked lighter. Next day I woke up, no lights in the room and I could see my hair shade looked light brown but rather then dark brown its more reddish brown.

So I asked my mum and sister. They said, yes your hair seems lighter, it looks like light brown. However they told me they preferred my natural hair colour.

But that doesn't stop me from carrying on my next honey treatment. I don't want my hair to go extremely light, just to make my natural brown shades more brighter. I have to say it definetly works, Ive been reguarly been using Dabur Amla Gold which is supposed to make hair go darker, so that means if I didn't use it my hair would have lightened even more prehaps. Im just glad that I took the advice from your thread Ktani, and everyone else here when they suggested try "honey lightening". So the natural way of lightening my hair is working without the use of any horrible dyes.

But thank you Ktani, my next update will be after a few more treatments and when I decide to stop the honey treatment (once Ive reached my desired colour).

I would post a pic but the thing is when my hair comes out in the photo it looks black. If you saw me in person you would see the shades of brown.

Can you tell me how I can take a good pic?
    Last edited by Dreamkitty; November 28th, 2010 at 05:48 AM.

ktani!, I want to update after one treatment lol I am so pleased with the results, Im so excited. The honey treatment worked!. When I was in the bath washing out my hair, I could already see the brunette-reddish colour on my hair close up, after my wash I could see my hair looked lighter. Next day I woke up, no lights in the room and I could see my hair shade looked light brown but rather then dark brown its more reddish brown.

So I asked my mum and sister. They said, yes your hair seems lighter, it looks like light brown. However they told me they preferred my natural hair colour.

But that doesn't stop me from carrying on my next honey treatment. I don't want my hair to go extremely light, just to make my natural brown shades more brighter. I have to say it definetly works, Ive been reguarly been using Dabur Amla Gold which is supposed to make hair go darker, so that means if I didn't use it my hair would have lightened even more prehaps. Im just glad that I took the advice from your thread Ktani, and everyone else here when they suggested try "honey lightening". So the natural way of lightening my hair is working without the use of any horrible dyes.

But thank you Ktani, my next update will be after a few more treatments and when I decide to stop the honey treatment (once Ive reached my desired colour).

I would post a pic but the thing is when my hair comes out in the photo it looks black. If you saw me in person you would see the shades of brown.

Can you tell me how I can take a good pic?
    You are most welcome and I am thrilled for you! It is great that you asked those around you about the colour. It can sometimes be difficult to assess one's own colour if the results are very gradual.

With honey lightening an awful lot depends on the honey, even with the right recipe and method. Not all honey lightening results are as gradual as many people still believe. I read all of the Honey thread reports.

The best pictures to see colour results are those taken without flash and in sunlight (where flash is not necessary). However, that is not always possible if the weather is not cooperating. A good close shot (not too close), enough to see the hair clearly.

A good before picture should hopefully be from the same angle and under relatively the same lighting. That is tricky and needs to be planned out. In a lot of cases, it is not possible as people try honey lightening first and then have to hunt for a before picture.

I do not ask for them for threads I start. I always welcome them though and I look forward to yours!

Well I keep looking at myself in the mirror and I can easily see the shades of brown. Sometimes I worry if I have turned delusional, maybe because I want that colour so much I have made myself think that I have reached this colour lol.

But I agree its good that my mother and sister can examine my hair, so its not just my opinion.

I tried the basic honey brand from Sainsburys mixed with a teaspoon of darker honey , can't remember what it was called. My hair wasn't even that wet when I put the honey mixture on my hair so I think if I follow your steps and make accurate measurements I will get even better results. I was quite surprised that it worked when I didn't even work that hard lol. What I love about the treatment is that honey also condtioned my hair and Ive read somewhere that Honey mixed with cinnamon and olive oil is good for hair growth too. So its a natural hair dye that is giving other benefits to hair.

I always ask my sister to take the photos so I will take a photo next time with the advice you have given when my hair goes even lighter. Hmm I wonder how long the lightened colour will stay on my hair for? now that is another thing I have to keep track off!
    Last edited by Dreamkitty; November 28th, 2010 at 06:19 AM.

Well I keep looking at myself in the mirror and I can easily see the shades of brown. Sometimes I worry if I have turned delusional, maybe because I want that colour so much I have made myself think that I have reached this colour lol.

But I agree its good that my mother and sister can examine my hair, so its not just my opinion.

I tried the basic honey brand from Sainsburys mixed with a teaspoon of darker honey , can't remember what it was called. My hair wasn't even that wet when I put the honey mixture on my hair so I think if I follow your steps and make accurate measurements I will get even better results. I was quite surprised that it worked when I didn't even work that hard lol.

I ask my sister to take the photos so I will take a photo next time with the advice you have given when my hair goes even lighter.
    I know that some people's results have been questioned by those who did not get honey lightening results. I do not do that. I take each honey lightening report at face value as I do all reports here on the boards until or unless they are corrected. People do make mistakes. I do not assume that going in. Neither should you. There is no reason to doubt those around you either.

Good luck with the pictures!