Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Arnica to reduce hairloss ?

Type
    2a/M/ii

Default Re: Arnica to reduce hairloss ?

Quote Originally Posted by ~BoHemiAngel~ View Post
    You're right- Saw Palmetto (Serenoa repens) inhibits the enzyme 5-alpha-reductase, which stops the conversion of testosterone into the more potent dihydrotestosterone. This is thought to reduce the androgen effect at the hair follicle.

Here is a research article from a study that was done on Saw Palmetto treating hair loss, if you're interested in reading boring science stuff- http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12006122 - but the results are encouraging for testosterone-related hair loss!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChloeDharma View Post
    One of the uses of bhringraj is to promote good sleep, treat headaches and relax you. I wouldn't assume that because one oil has a certain effect then others will do the same.

I have a bottle of aswini hair oil which includes arnica, i've only used it once or twice though so i can't say if it helped growth or not.

For androgen induced hair loss you need to be looking at saw palmetto as has been suggested, also nettle root, green tea but i would add MSM. It is thought that MSM helps to lengthen the anagen phase of the hair growth cycle. As the DHT attaches to where the hair is produced and over time reduces the anagen phase until it stops growing this may help. Circulation stimulation is thought to help "flush" away the DHT from the follicle so i would also focus on that.

Anti androgen drugs also help but have some quite serious side effects that might not be worth keeping your hair for.
    Thanks for the suggestions. I will try out Saw Palmetto. I do drink Green Tea, and also do scalp massages. I feel like the massage has helped a bit. Earlier my roots felt super weak, but after massaging they feel slightly stronger. Will check out MSM also.

If I remember rightly Arnica can be a poison so keep to the stated dose and dont over do it.

Iv tried various homeopathy (through qualified practioners) over the years. The first was the tablet form, and the later liquid form. The tablet form did make me better but the liquid made me sick. I would say try it if you want to, but if it doesnt show visible change within two months then ditch it. It can be very expensive and if its not working it isnt worth wasteing your money.

NB: The famous bloke (James R?) in America did blind trails with liquid homeopathy and the results were not proven to work.
    Last edited by Purdy Bear; December 2nd, 2010 at 11:14 AM.

Length
    16"/33/????
    Type
    2c/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by keepmyhair View Post
    Hi Girlcat, how has your experience been with Arnica thus far?

1. Has it (at least slightly) reduced hairloss?
    2. Do you find the oil relaxing after you massage it (I found Bhringaraj oil to be very relaxing)

Thanks.
    Yes, my hairloss has been reduced. I don't know if it is the arnica. I have also added MSM supplements, and am using iodine, too.
    I usually massage the arnica oil it in right before bed, so not sure if it relaxes me, since I am ready to go to sleep anyway!
    ​Babyfine and superrrrr thin. Growing long anyway!
    Lady Kan-Yu, Lawspeaker of Heaven and Earth in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Type
    2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by girlcat36 View Post
    Yes, my hairloss has been reduced. I don't know if it is the arnica. I have also added MSM supplements, and am using iodine, too.
    I usually massage the arnica oil it in right before bed, so not sure if it relaxes me, since I am ready to go to sleep anyway!
    Thanks, I just got Arnica Montana 30C today. Am going to try it

Length
    29 in/33.25/35 in
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

I was told (just the other day) that Arnica Oil is amazing for hair growth. Used in Germany and also used by Anthony Morocco (of the Morocco Method). Hope that helps~!

Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

This is quite interesting; I did take Arnica internally after giving birth (to my 2nd child), as it was said to help body to recover, and indeed I did recover swiftly. I had no idea about it (possibly) having any effect on hair loss, but now that I think of it, I can just say that I didn't actually experience any postpartum shedding!
    (But then again I don't remember having much of it after my 1st childbirth either, without Arnica...)

Unhappy after looking at too many strands in your hairbrush after combing or styling?

If yes, then you need to consult Dr Spam-a-lot for the best hair fall SPAMtreatment in Cheeseland[/URL]. Today, there are various possible cheeses available which are effective in preventing excessive hair fall.
    Dr. Spam-a-lot is a renowned doctor for the brilliant services and treatments that he provides his patients with.

So much spamlinks removed!
    Last edited by Chromis; January 3rd, 2018 at 06:58 AM. Reason: Removed spam links. -Mod