Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Nina Dobrev- What is her hair colour?

Default Re: Nina Dobrev- What is her hair colour?

Quote Originally Posted by lundmir View Post
    I don't know about your hair, but going just a little bit lighter won't damage as much as going completely blond. There are plenty of members with gorgeous, long and dyed hair, so it can be done!

As for achieving the color with henna and indigo, they can only deposit pigment, they won't lighten your hair.

I had good results with honey lightening, but you might need several applications.
    Here's ktani's wonderful thread if you are interested: http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...read.php?t=148

And in case you decide to use a chemical dye, please read this one:
    http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...ad.php?t=10495

In any case, good luck! Your hair is beautiful.
    Thanks for the advice . I will definetly try out the Honey treatment, I will first try using it on a few sections of my hair before I do all of my hair. Those threads are extremely useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Demetrue View Post
    You probably would need to use a high lift brown, like Loreal's Les True Brunettes in one of their Ultimate light brown shades to lift black hair to brown. http://www.amazon.com/LOreal-Prefere...ef=pd_sbs_bt_2
    Thanks for the link, I will search deeper into that dye.

Type
    1b/F/ii

If you do decide to do a chemical dye process in a salon, take a picture of her hair into the salon with you. That is a much better way to communicate your desire than with names like chocolate or medium which can be interpreted different ways. A picture will show exactly the color you want.

HTH. ^_^
    ~Lady Menrva of the Cat-Kept Library in the Order of the Long Haired Knights~
    Chin
    ~Shoulder~APL~BSL~MBA~Waist~Tailbone~Classic

Last of the Brunnen-G kwaniesiam's Avatar
    Length
    bald/mop/long!
    Type
    2b/2c/F/i/ii

Don't try to use box dye to get that color. If you are starting off darker, you'll need to overshoot the color you want in order to achieve that level of lift.

Personally I'd recommend going to Sally's and picking out a golden brown shade in around a level 6 or 7 with 30 vol. developer. The shade you want is about a level 4 or 5. If your hair is naturally black, you are at a level 1 or 2 depending on the manufacturer of the dye (some brands 1 is black, others start at 2).

PM me if you have any other questions.
    Your neighborhood LHC-friendly hair stylist Anyone is always free to PM me if they have any questions they think I might be able to help with, hair or otherwise!