Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Nina Dobrev- What is her hair colour?

≈ωаѵєs оŋ τнє оcєаŋ≈ xoxophelia's Avatar
    Length
    26"/35"/waist
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii/iii

Default Re: Nina Dobrev- What is her hair colour?

Personally I love your black hair. I wouldn't change it for a thing :P

But it is up to you if you want to color your hair. Coloring back to black should be easy when or if you decide you want virgin hair again. I'm currently growing out old dye and while the color difference isn't too bad anymore, the quality is.

~~embracing nature's waves~~
    instagram: monophonatic

Easily Enabled
    Length
    24"/~40"/~40"
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii/iii

I'd say a warm dark brown. Could you try honey lightening?

Quote Originally Posted by xoxophelia View Post
    Personally I love your black hair. I wouldn't change it for a thing :P

But it is up to you if you want to color your hair. Coloring back to black should be easy when or if you decide you want virgin hair again. I'm currently growing out old dye and while the color difference isn't too bad anymore, the quality is.
    aw thanks, If there was a way I would to swap hair colours with you, have a pretty shade of brown. Im assuming you have naturally dark brown hair? I don't want to drastically change my hair thats why I just wanted a few shades lighter, I think the closest brown to black is chocolate brown and this would match my skin tone too. I give up, Im just going to try natural treatment if it works it works and if it doesn't then I will just make the best of what Ive got.
    Last edited by Dreamkitty; November 24th, 2010 at 10:53 AM.

Banned
    Type
    3b/F/M/ii/iii

I always love her straight, silky shiny hair
    There is one problem with your perception of her hair though. Naturally, she has CURLY hair. It's just that when you admire her silky straight hair which is not naturally that way but severely handled to look straight you support all the curl hate.

Quote Originally Posted by pepperminttea View Post
    I'd say a warm dark brown. Could you try honey lightening?
    Well honey is a bit sticky but its good natural treatment, I will definetly try this, worth giving it a shot. Thanks for reminding me, I need to try this but keep forgetting to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by mariika View Post
    There is one problem with your perception of her hair though. Naturally, she has CURLY hair. It's just that when you admire her silky straight hair which is not naturally that way but severely handled to look straight you support all the curl hate.
    In Vampire Diaries her hair is always so straight, I didn't know her natural hair was curly. She has beautiful hair anyway, curly or straight I like the silkyness but I do prefer her hairstyle on Vampire Diaries.
    Last edited by Gumball; November 27th, 2010 at 11:49 AM. Reason: Combined posts.

Banned
    Type
    3b/F/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamkitty View Post
    In Vampire Diaries her hair is always so straight, I didn't know her natural hair was curly. She has beautiful hair anyway, curly or straight I like the silkyness but I do prefer her hairstyle on Vampire Diaries.
    Well, actually her hair is curly in The Vampire Diaries pretty often, when she plays Katherine and not Elena her hair is always curly. And it only looks silky because of all the styling (and proper light on set) but when you look at HQ pictures you can see how damaged it really is.

[Insert something clever] BrightEyes7's Avatar
    Length
    APL/BSL/Done
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii/iii

She has very nice hair but I think that is her natural color. I wouldn't recommend dying, you would need to use bleach to get black hair lighter.

I would second trying a honey lightening treatment. Here is the thread. Any questions you should ask Ktani, she knows everything!

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...read.php?t=148
    Straightened.

mariika- I don't watch the Vampie Diaries regularly, but you are right when she plays Katherine she has curly hair. And yep I guess everyone on TV has beautiful hair because it is styled so much with lots of products. I do like her colour though.

BrightEyes7- Thanks for the link, I will try the honey treatment, Ive also read just now that Cinnamon can make hair lighter too.

Only one thing im worried about, I read that Honey & Cinammon contains hydrogen peroxide and this is what it lightens hair, would it stunt hair growth if used too much?

Length
    pixie/Hip/Class
    Type
    2a/F/ii/iii

I don't know about your hair, but going just a little bit lighter won't damage as much as going completely blond. There are plenty of members with gorgeous, long and dyed hair, so it can be done!

As for achieving the color with henna and indigo, they can only deposit pigment, they won't lighten your hair.

I had good results with honey lightening, but you might need several applications.
    Here's ktani's wonderful thread if you are interested: http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...read.php?t=148

And in case you decide to use a chemical dye, please read this one:
    http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...ad.php?t=10495

In any case, good luck! Your hair is beautiful.

Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

You probably would need to use a high lift brown, like Loreal's Les True Brunettes in one of their Ultimate light brown shades to lift black hair to brown. http://www.amazon.com/LOreal-Prefere...ef=pd_sbs_bt_2

Lady Nereida of the Riptide Shores - LHK
    Renegray: Silver Hair is a Sparkling Diadem