Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Weekly Henna Gloss

Length
    28/28/52
    Type
    4a/4b/M/iii

Default Weekly Henna Gloss

I loved the effects of the henna gloss that I did. The henna seemed to amplify the conditioning and strengthening effects of deep conditioning. So enamored was I of the henna gloss, in fact, that I am considering doing a full head henna gloss every week. My hair is black, so I am not worried about any burgundy effect of repeated henna applications. Still, is every week too frequent?

Goal: 28" (09/10) - 34" (09/11) - 40" (09/12) - 46" (09/13)
    Actual: 28" (09/10) - 3" CUT 10/10 - 3" CUT (03/11) - 28" (08/11)

Type
    1b/F/ii

Default Re: Weekly Henna Gloss

If you won't show or don't mind the color, then it's perfectly fine to use henna weekly. There was a woman from India who posted to the H4H forum about doing full-strength henna weekly, she said a lot of people did so!
    My plant dye strand tests - Henna, cassia, indigo, buxus on mohair: http://www.flickr.com/photos/3933575...7619485710101/

Length
    28/28/52
    Type
    4a/4b/M/iii

Thank you, Caribou! I would appreciate more input, but your response is helpful.

Length
    Bsl/41"/Knee
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/iii

I'm planning on doing that too! i just had a henna gloss yesterday and last week too, i love how it makes my hair look and feel thicker and much more shine.
    I dont think once a week is too much to gloss,its like a deep treatment right?
    xxAvi
    BCL right now w a thick hemline. Aiming for classic this year

dreamed she was human... halo_tightens's Avatar
    Type
    2b/C/iii

If you're not worried about color saturation and you like how it makes your hair feel, go for it!!

Length
    Buzz/hip/class
    Type
    3a/3b/M/ii/iii

Go for it henna glosses are lovely but the real full on henna are the bees knees!
    Buzz October 2015 to get rid of bendigo and lots of other damage, now Al natural and loving it....where will my journey end? I will tell you when I get there. Lifelong Co washer and LOC method currentl approaching curly hip

Length
    pixie/Nape/25+
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Start off by saying that I am no expert. But I know that the acid in Henna coats the hair. Wouldn't frequent applications without a 'resting period' between them possibly dry the hair out, as no moisture can get in?
    This is just a question that I've been wondering about lately too. In the last weeks I have used 2 full bars of Caca and 70 grams of Celebration henna. My hair and wallet are asking for a break I think
    We can never obtain peace in the outer world until we make peace with ourselves. - Dalai Lama

Length
    bald/?/??
    Type
    1a/F/i/ii

Since glosses are mostly all conditioner how could they harm your hair? I have been using henna and glosses on my hair for ages and my hair just gets better and better. Henna is addictive. If I am wrong I would like to hear why from someone with more know how.

Length
    28/28/52
    Type
    4a/4b/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    Go for it henna glosses are lovely but the real full on henna are the bees knees!
    Not for me. The full henna left my hair so rough, badly tangled, and dry that I contemplated cutting. Never again. I am happy though because henna glosses use less henna and save money, lol. Maybe my hair is as frugal as I am.

Type
    3b/M/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Niwa View Post
    Not for me. The full henna left my hair so rough, badly tangled, and dry that I contemplated cutting. Never again.
    Just FYI, henna can leave a resin coating on hair, which is what can make it feel dry / rough / tangly. It goes away with a few washings. (and since I started adding fenugreek powder to my henna and following up with an SMT, I haven't had any issues with the resin)

I'm just not ready to be a Renegray yet!
    Avatar credit to the lovely milagro