Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Heading to the US...what hair stuff should I buy?

Length
    35cm/86cm/100cm
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Rini View Post
    Actually Liluri, I do have a heavenly harvest comb already (good ol' ebay!) and use it all the time so no sales on that anytime soon. Is there still a swap board somewhere though?
    Yes there is but I've never been quick enough to get a comb there!
    "I can't stand makeup commercials. 'do you need lipstick that keeps your lips kissable?' no, I need lipstick that gets me equal pay for equal work. How about eye shadow that makes me stop thinking I'm too fat? Maria bamford" Conefree Conditioners in Oz

Length
    Pixie/MBL/???
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Whenever I travel to the US, I just load up on tons of Suave Naturals conditioner. They do sell it here, but for a lot more money.

Length
    42/10/50
    Type
    2c/3a/F/ii/iii

I second a trip to Sallys. And have fun while your here!

Length
    25/32.5/40
    Type
    3b/F/M/iii

I'm from the US but I live in London. Every time I go back there I go to the supermarket Whole Foods to stock up. The larger ones at least have enormous hair care sections where I could spend hours reading all the ingredient labels. And Whole Foods are quite organic/natural/environmentally friendly oriented so many of the conditioners and stuff are free from silicones and parabens and unnecessary chemicals and have lovely oils and EOs in them. And the best thing is that they're cheap! Probably average price is around $5 or so. So if you have time you should definitely look up the nearest large Whole Foods and pay a visit. Enjoy your trip!

Length
    bob/bob/WST
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/iii

Hi Rini! So nice to see ya! Hang around for a while okay?

Have you ever tried Giovanni? I love that stuff, not sure what you have available there in the land down under though. I love the 50/50 conditioner and Direct leave-in. You can get them at a lot of health food stores. I don't find much at Sally's except those really nice smooth bobby pins and the good days hair pins. It might be worth it to check at different Nordstrom's if you go to different cities. I have been to some that have a really good variety of Ficcares and then some that just have a few basic ones. You may want to check out a Big Lots for VO5, Suave products and some cute cheap hair toys. (I adore VO5 strawberries and cream conditioner and Suave clarifying shampoo).

Combing only when wet with CO, Suave conditioner, AG Re:Coil, LA Looks sports gel, EVOO and coconut oil

Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii/iii

If I had the chance to go to the US, I'd most definitely buy a heat cap! In my part of the world, there is no such thing. I improvise with microwave heated pads and a towel but...I"d love to have the real thing.

Oh, and a sleep cap from satin. Never saw such a thing here, never ever. *dream....*
    1b F ii/iii
    92cm/36.2"

Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

Some great suggestions! Thank you so much I gotta get to bed.....plane to catch tomorrow

LHC member for 17 years and ALWAYS learning!.....♥ Currently growing out silver again

Length
    18+/39/???
    Type
    2c/3a/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Rini View Post
    Thanks Darkwaves It's good to be back Your hair is looking BEAUTIFUL btw!!!!
    Thanks, Rini! And please let us know what you load up on!

Account Closed by Member Request

If you are near a Whole Foods or healthy food type store, they often have interesting items for hair/skin/etc., even if you just want to browse.

Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

Default Re: Heading to the US...what hair stuff should I buy?

Try Marshall’s when you’re in California.