Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Not like your hair down?

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    Bald/Knees/Dunno
    Type
    1b/C/iii

Default Re: Not like your hair down?

Well, mine is always up because I have no natural parting whatsoever and I kind of like being able to see!

Personally I find hair down and loose to be plain uninteresting Its like the difference between showing me a plank of wood or the cool drawer you can make from it.
    Hair down is just hair.
    Hair up is cool techniques, details and variations and that interests me.

Length
    Bald/Knees/Dunno
    Type
    1b/C/iii

Weird duplicate post
    Last edited by Igor; November 15th, 2010 at 03:52 AM. Reason: Meh

Length
    BSL/Waist/Hip
    Type
    1b/M/C/iii

I actually do like the way my hair looks when it's down, but it's so inconvenient that I almost never wear it that way. It keeps getting under the straps of my backpack or it keeps falling in front of my eyes. Also, my hair gets tangled very bad when I wear it down!

Gregorian Enchantress Theobroma's Avatar
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/ii

I don't like the look of my hair down at the moment because the bottom 30% of my length is conspicuously thin from a large shed two years ago. The thickness is growing back, but the longer the thick part at the top gets, the more wispy the ends look. So I'm keeping it up all the time; I don't want to start doing microtrims to get rid of the thin ends until I gain some more length.

Easily Enabled
    Length
    24"/~40"/~40"
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii/iii

I don't like how my hair looks down either, apart from immediately after being combed. It separates into sections, which if I had more natural wave/curl would probably look quite nice, but as it is, it ends up looking a bit straggly. No matter though, I like wearing it up.

Length
    CBL/Waist/Term
    Type
    1a/F/i

My hair is pin straight and baby fine, so while I wish I loved it down more, I don't at times....just because it tangles very easily and is everywhere unless I have some oil on it - and then even just a bit of oil, makes it LOOK oily and more flat than usual. So I keep some oil on it and just keep it up usually.

Length
    APL/Hip +/TBL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii/iii

I constantly wear my hair up but thats just because i won't be happy till it's a bit longer. I do have fine hair but, it has quite a lot of wave in it which gives it some body but loses me about 2 inches in length!
    APL 2010 BSL JUL 2010 WSL 2011 HIP 2013 Going for Tailbone December 2017

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/frtip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

It's not that I don't like it down, but it's such a pain - the tangles! hot! into everything I'm doing! - that I prefer it braided or put up.

Type
    1a/F/i

I can't stand to have mine down. No matter how clean it is, it pieces together, shows scalp, tangles, and all the baby hairs around my face decide to make a break for either my mouth or nose at the slightest breeze. I'm also a very active person on a daily basis and it gets in the way of whatever it is I'm doing.

There are days, just to give my poor scalp a rest, that I do wear it down despite the discomfort, but even then I'm usually either wearing a headband to keep all those annoying baby hairs at bay or a half up.

Length
    Shldr/???/BSL
    Type
    2a/F/i/ii

I am liking my hair down more & more. It is now between shoulder and bsl, closer to bsl then to shoulder. I had 2 very small trims since August, and I am liking my hair more & more. I many days put it in a "half-up", but now even those are getting less. A few years back when my hair was past bsl not quite to waist, I always wore it down, rarely up. Curious how I'll feel this time around.