Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Not like your hair down?

Length
    N/A/HIP/CL?
    Type
    1b/M/C/iii

Default Re: Not like your hair down?

I am the opposite! I love my hair down and dislike it up, but that may be because I often have disagreements with my face...

It's a good thing though, if you like wearing your hair up if you're growing you hair! Lots of gorgeous protective updos.
    I must say though, I am warming to wearing my hair up since joining LHC and discovering all these beautiful hairsticks!

Length
    pixie/BSL/??
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

I rarely wear my hair down because it is wavy and develops snarls really easily if there's even the slightest breeze. Also, I think it makes my face look strange and "too long" when it's down--but that might be due to years of wearing it up in a bun or in a braid.

Length
    17/BSL+/Waist
    Type
    1c/F/ii

I have a pretty similar hairtype, Nenwing! How I feel about my hair when it's down really depends on how long it is. Shorter than shoulder length, and it just sticks to my face and does nothing. From shoulder to about BSL, it just kinda hangs there looking blah. It's finally laying a lot more nicely now that it's almost to BSL. The wanna-be waves are acting less like waves and more like straight hair because the weight is pulling them down.

My hair is piece-y and static-y no matter how long it is. I've learned to accept that. A drop of jojoba or coconut oil is excellent for combatting the frizzies!

I enjoy wearing my hair "down down down". But whether or not I think it looks acceptable or not depends a lot on the weather and atmospheric conditions. If its "colder than a witches heart" out tharrr....I like it down. If its hotter than "eternal fire", then if you point your finger to the sky....thats how I like the hair. If its warm and humid....a lot of times ill either plait or ponytail....because I hate the way it kinks up around my face otherwise.
    If its really windy, ill contain it at least temporarily somehow.....and thats pretty much it!
    Last edited by DARKMARTIAN; November 14th, 2010 at 11:52 PM.

The City of Fallen Angels, where the ocean meets the sand
    Length
    26/32/TBL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

I like it down sometimes. The weather here has been really dry, which doesn't do anything good for my hair. So, I've been wearing it up a lot.

December 2010!!!!
    Lady Roheryn of the Houyhnhnm Wisdom in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

i love my and others hair down, i like to feel it, and see the whole hair and length on others.

Length
    1/34.6"/41
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

I think this is something that will resolve itself when your hair gets longer.

I have a wavy, wurly, straight thing going on too but the more length I get the more this evens out. When it was shorter I had these wurly curly bitīs in the front and at the nape that would never lay the way I wanted them while the back was straight and (in comparison) lacked volume.

What I did to get through that phase was to utilize the natural ability of my wavy hair to keep the shape that is was dried in. That is the great advantage of wavy or wurly hair! It can go both ways depending on how you dry it and it usually holds those curls or straight bits pretty well.

I put a bun in the back or curled sections of it and put it up with bobbypins and combed the front sections straight and pinned them back or slightly to the side flat and then just let it dry thoroughly. (No really, don't take it down if it's even the slightest bit damp or it won't work!)

It takes some experimenting to find out what way will let your hair fall the way you want it when it's dry but if you have figured it out it's a great way to style your hair to help it look good through those awkward phases.

Now that it's longer (near APL) I notice the front bits are stretched out more and the straighter bits in the back are getting wavier at the ends. It evens out more and I'm quite happy with it. Can't wait to see what it looks like when it gets even longer.

Length
    1/24.25/25
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

I wear it up late spring until late fall (it the southern US it's really a flexible time) but once it turns cold I want the ear and neck coverage and swap over to a low pony. Unless I'm having hot flashes Then it's UP!

Length
    24/28/waist
    Type
    1c/F/ii

Just another person telling you it will get better as your hair grows longer. I'm also a 1C, and approaching BSL. It's never been this long, and this is the first time in my life I've ever liked the sight of my hair down. Since the waves are so streched out at our hairtype, there really needs to be some length to be able to see them for what they are - waves, and not random flips and kinks.

Length
    SL/APL/WL
    Type
    2a/M/ii

I don't like my hair down at the moment because the length.
    I have the 'in between length' so it has to grow longer and hopefully I like to ware it down then.