Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What if your hubby didn't like long hair ??

Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Default What if your hubby didn't like long hair ??

Hi all. I'm new here at LHC . I love reading all the helpful tips and advice and I can't get over the amount of beautiful hair you all have! But I have a question ... What would you do if you hubby or significant other really didn't like long hair?

I would love to have mine at waist /tailbone level with no layers and blunt ends ( I'm at about BSL with layers from mid neck down on fine/med wavy hair right now...haven't really "typed" my hair yet) but my hubby just doesn't like that idea at all! He likes it about where it is now or much shorter ( for example "Pinks" hair and Halle Berry /pixie style (which I have had before)

So needless to say I can't have really long hair "IF" I want my hubby to like it. What would you do in this situation keep it long because you like it even if he hates it?

*sigh* why can't hubby just be like every other long hair lovin' guy I know

Default Re: What if you hubby didn't like long hair ??

in your place i would definiately keep the hair longl or continue grow. Try to talk with him you like long hair, and you would hate the shorter length, and it is your body, your decision.

The other case, if there would be a break up with him, you would regret the haircut.

Length
    SL/BSL/TBL
    Type
    1c/M/iii

If it were me I would continue to grow my hair out, that's what I'm doing actually. I'm growing my hair out for me though, I feel it's more important that I be happy with my hair more than anyone else. You never know, your hubby might like it later on and not want you to ever cut it. I'm guessing he's never seen you with really long hair so he could change his mind about it when you get there.

My husband also likes my hair shorter best. I had hair that came to about the middle of my neck or so, layered, and i usually wore it with the ends flipped out. He's also never seen me with really long hair so he does admit that he won't know how much he likes it until he sees it. Plus he doesn't actually hate my BSL hair, he likes it a lot, it's just a matter of what he likes best out of all the styles I've had.
    Lady Sha'abi of the Ringing Coins in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    hip/hip/hurra
    Type
    1a/M/ii

I had 2 serious boyfriends who preferred short hair. One was always after me to bleach my hair blonde. I happen to prefer long hair on men . . . so I told them I would cut an inch for every inch they grew . . . sneaky piggy! hehe (^(oo)^)

Put it this way - it's your hair. I'm sure there are other things about you that he would like to change, and vice versa, KWIM? He's not going to divorce you if you grow your hair out. Plus, some people are just resistant to change - he may change his mind once you actually get there, KWIM?

(^(oo)^)v
    I'm a little piggy! (^(oo)^)v

Type
    2c/F/i/ii

If he liked the pixie, he'll probably like updos.

Type
    2b/F/M/iii

I would grow it because I like long hair. My DBF has long hair, but I really don't care if his is or not. I think you're lucky to have a husband that likes short hair, because every other men don't, and wouldn't date someone with short hair, and some even find it repulsive, which is a little shallow...what if you couldn't grow long hair, or eventually lost it, or thinned and had to cut? I would rather have a husband who likes short hair than one of those shallow ones...

You could always do styles that appear shorter (around him at least), it's so much easier to keep the hair shorter when longer, than longer when short.

I know I would feel miserable if my BF would be expecting my hair to grow and it didn't grew (breakage or had to cut damage), or doesn't grow fast enough, it takes years right..because he prefers long hair. Oh well, I can only dream, my BF prefers long hair, not too long though, he says TB (my goal) is really long, but tells me to do what makes me happy. I know I would feel prettier if my BF liked short hair, because I have short hair now. Doesn't need to 'prefer' it, just like. I don't know *exactly* what he thinks of my hair though. He knows I'm hair obssessed, that's for sure.

Length
    Pixie/TB/?
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii/iii

We've had this discussion before on LHC, and there are generally two points of view:

1. It's your body, do with it what you want

2. If it's not a big sacrifice, you should do what you can to conform to the ideals of your partner

If it were me, I'd probably keep my hair the way I preferred it, but I'd buy a wig in the style/colour that my partner liked and I'd wear that for him sometimes.

Type
    2a/2b/F/iii

Most of my boyfriend's didn't like long hair... my outlook was 'I'm sorry you don't like it and I'll take that into consideration but I'm not chopping it off just so you feel better.' It's still my head. Luckily most of them didn't really *care* all that much about it either, it was a sort of mention once and forget about it. There were (and are) more important things to worry about.

The guy I'm with now probably couldn't care less. He doesn't want me to cut it, but then, he saw the near hysterics I threw when I had to cut off eight inches. I think that in itself may have pulled him to the long hair side, because if I freak and say I'm going for the scissors he'll block the doorway.

Length
    SL/Knee+/Knee+
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

If I was with some one who diden't like long hair, I would keep it long as I'm growing it for me.

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    Bald/Knees/Dunno
    Type
    1b/C/iii

So what if he doesn’t? You are two separate persons. You have different opinions on other things. You have different likes and dislikes. Or cant you have different opinions from him or are different likes not allowed either?
    If he loves you and doesn’t see you as something to decorate his world, he will learn to love your hair too because it’s you and it makes you happy.
    If this sounds harsh, sorry, but that’s the truth. I was there myself. I almost married a guy that wouldn’t shut up and kept nagging me to cut my hair short.
    Guess what; if he can’t get over that you are doing something you want to do with your body and appearance, he is not worthy of being your husband. You are not an extension of him. You are allowed to be your own person and you are allowed to do things that make you happy.