Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: dry and bleached

Default dry and bleached

does anyone have advice on how to get bleached dry hair on the mend, its breaking a bit ive been doing lots and lots of condish and search and destroy. my hair is still falling stiff. i use coconut oil as well. i want my hair to feel and look healthy, what should i do. does anyone believe that bleached hair can be mended to healthy? the color is beautiful just my hair is so so so dry. i tried snowys smt that really didnt make to much difference either. what shall i do

Length
    CL/CL/WL
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Default Re: dry and bleached

I know the feeling! Hang in there, I guess it takes a lot of time to get bleach damage get better, but I know it is possible. I don`t think you can make it feel completely healthy though. Offcorse it depends on how badly damaged it is.

In my ends there is a lot of hair witch has been highlighted with bleach many times, and than chemically dyed in layers and layers. It started falling off in small pieces, and looked and felt like hay. My hair never grew, and was still damaged even when I had just had a trim. Now I haven`t highlighted or dyed with chemicals in 8 months, and hennaed it for 6 months (since I had my last trim). And gradually gotten into oiling and no cones and different treatments from LHC, and my hair quit breaking about 3 months ago. Now it has also stopped tangling as much as before. So I guess it is possible to fix it to some point.

I use coconut oil, olive oil (both extra virgin), Aleppo soap, ACV rinses, and some times cone and sulfate free shampoo and conditioner from Body Shop. And offcorse henna every 6 weeks or so. It works very well for me.

By the way, your hair looks very healthy and nice in your avatar pic! Great shine!!
    My journey from APL til BSL
    (Please do not wear fur, I have seen horrible things)

Length
    apl/tlb/solid
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/ii/iii

Yes you can repair damaged bleached hair as long as you stop bleaching it!
    PUT DOWN THE BLEACH!

Bleach and peroxide are the single worst thing you can do to your hair. I have never seen anyone with very long peroxided blond hair whose hair looked nice. I have many friends who bleach their hair and guess what, they all look like their hair is somewhat damaged. My other friends who don't bleach and have natural coloured hair or use natural dyes like henna, all have thick, shiny, lustrous hair.
    One of my friends recently did highlights and she previously had thick, beautiful hair, she has since experienced hair loss, hair dryness, hair thinning and scalp itchiness, it just goes to show what bleach/peroxide does. Needless to say she vowed to never highlight again.

But if you stop the bleach, use henna and/or cassia regularly, do regular oilings, do at least once a week deep conditioning , use acv rinses and pamper your hair you can repair it and get a mane of full shiny beautiful hair.

I use to bleach my hair and yes it was sexy being blond but my hair was icky dried straw albeit a pretty colour but damaged and now after 2 years of henna, cassia, indigo, TLC, deep conditioning, deep oilings everyone tells me how lovely my hair is! My boyfriend is so pleased I stopped bleaching and dyeing it with chemicals. My friends are amazed with how my hair went from being straw to a thick, shiny mane!
    And most of all now my hair grows!
    Before I could never get it to grow long and when it became longer it would always get so straggly looking that I would end up cutting it.
    Since putting down the bleach, it grows beautifully...

So give your hair TLC, stop poisoning your hair and system with bleach, deep oil, deep condition and your hair will love you for it.

Oh and by the way cancer and hair dyes are said to be possibly connected:
    http://ezinearticles.com/?Assessing-...yes&id=3553037
    I use 100% organic products and my hair, scalp and self have never been happier!

little hair obsessed too littlenvy's Avatar
    Length
    10"/waist/term
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i

My ends are bleached and I do find that while the rest of the hair only needs moisture (ie oil, conditioner) the ends need protein once in a while.
    I take knox gelatin dissolve some in few tea spoons of cold water, then add some warm. I dip my ends in that and put a zip lock beg over them so they don't dry. Keep it on for half hour and then rinse and condition.
    You can try that if you want. It won't damage anything. If you don't like the result you can just clarify and you will be fine.

ETA

I also find that while the rest of my hair likes coconut oil my bleached ends not so much. EV Olive Oil works a bit better on them.
    Last edited by littlenvy; November 6th, 2010 at 05:19 PM.

Length
    20"/MBL/?
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/iii

We have several members here with very long hair who keep it lightened to a blonde shade and their hair is gorgeous. So it can be done. My hair is colored too, I have been a chemical head for the last six or seven years. My hair is very healthy and to keep it that way I do an over night oiling every two weeks and I get regular trims.

my hair is not damaged to the point of no return, it just feeling very dry. right now i have lots and lots of coconut oil soaking in. i hate hair breakage thank you so much for the responses and please keep them coming i need all the advice i can get!!

what is knox gelatin and where do you find it? seems interesting
    Last edited by SilverLocks; November 7th, 2010 at 09:47 PM. Reason: merge posts

Length
    CHIN/BSL-/??
    Type
    1a/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by gotzbrainz View Post
    what is knox gelatin and where do you find it? seems interesting

Knox gelatin is basically unflavored powdered jell-o.....you can usually find it with the jell-o mix at the grocery store....

Lady Maniai of the Unquenched Flame in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

little hair obsessed too littlenvy's Avatar
    Length
    10"/waist/term
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i

What Dolly said.
    Any gelatin will do as long as its pure and there is no sugar or flavour added.

I'm with you on this one...have stopped bleaching my light-brown hair blonde, and I'm hoping at some point it will start to grow and look better without me having to cut it to my ears, which is where the damage runs up to!