Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Aloe vera for thicker hair?

Length
    15/25/45
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

Default Re: Aloe vera for thicker hair?

Hi. Thanks for posting this. I'll have to try it. I've been using unflavored gelatin and henna for thickening.

Length
    BSL/~TBL/> TBL
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

I did some google again (what with addictions and all that), and I found this swedish site
    HERE. They talk about aloe vera as a skin and hair product (is that translation really valid? ), and of course they're attempting to further their own products and so on, but I found this:

Problemhår, tunt hår. Hårtvätt enligt ovan. Spraya varje morgon hårbotten med Aloe Vera Juice och massera in den under någon minut i hårbotten. Detta ger näring till hårsäckarna. Vid stora problem kan inpackning göras med Aloe Vera Juice 1 - 2 ggr per vecka. Täck håret med en plasthuva och låt Aloen sugas upp av hårbotten under ca 1 tim. Ta därefter av huvan och låt håret självtorka.

=> Problem hair, thin hair:
    Wash as above [with their products etc etc etc doesn't really matter here]. Every morning, spray the scalp with Aloe Vera Juice and massage it into the scalp for a minute or two. This gives nutrition to the follicles. If the problem is worse, a deep treatment can be done with Aloe Vera Juice one or two times a week. Cover the hair with a plastic cap and let the Aloe be absorbed by the scalp during about an hour. Then remove the cap and let the hair dry.
    Bolding added by me. Could that be true? In that case, I guess that would be the reason people apparently use it for thinning hair and such. No matter what, I'm going to do an aloe-and-coconut-oil treatment tonight, I think, since my hair doesn't feel really clean after my CO yesterday. I think I rinsed too little
    Still growing!

Length
    Pixie/Pixie/Hip
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by lajsa View Post
    I did some google again (what with addictions and all that), and I found this swedish site
    HERE. They talk about aloe vera as a skin and hair product (is that translation really valid? ), and of course they're attempting to further their own products and so on, but I found this:

Bolding added by me. Could that be true? In that case, I guess that would be the reason people apparently use it for thinning hair and such. No matter what, I'm going to do an aloe-and-coconut-oil treatment tonight, I think, since my hair doesn't feel really clean after my CO yesterday. I think I rinsed too little
    I like clear aloe, but it gives me no wow factor, although it makes my hair smooth and I guess it adds moisture. I'm interested in trying the juice now!

Type
    1a/M/ii

I have a wierd story about aloe vera gel and the positive effect on hairgrowth....
    This woman had a a child, both parents had very thin hair. She heard good things about aloe, around 1970 this was, so she shaved her baby bald (when the hair was too long) and put AVG on the scalp everyday. She did this untill the child was 3 years old...... She got 3 more children, same husband, but didn't do the AVG treatment because it was a lot of work.
    The oldest daughter has beautifull, thick hair. Te other children, the same hair as there parents, very thin hair.
    Maybe a coincidence, maybe AVG..........