Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Chopped my hair--Lots of hairtoys have to go now! Blondiesturn, Monks, Cattails PICS

Length
    39/23.5/n/a
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Exclamation Cut my hair--Lots of hairtoys have to go now! PICS!

I'm very open to offers on all these remaining items. Doesn't hurt to ask!

Well, I chopped off my tailbone length hair (no tomatoes please) alittle while ago & so now I have no use for all these hair things....so here we go...

Please scroll down to post #2 for more items!

-Silver-colored metal hairstick- pastle colored crystals in the shape of a flower bouquet on top. Asking $6 SOLD!
    Okay, I finally got some better pictures:

The whole thing is 5 inches long, but measuring below the flower part, it's about 3 3/4 long.

-Wood hairsticks- topped with clear quartz & garnet beads. The clear quartz beads have some natural crack-looking inclussions, but still very pretty! The bead pin is not glued in, but I've never had problems with them. Asking $13 SOLD!

Blondiesturn Hair Comb/Fork- Just gorgeous & hard to get, because she doesn't seem to offer things for sale very often! Skillfully handcarved wood, I think it was tulipwood, but I don't remember for certain. This is in EEUC, I only used this a handful of times. Measures 3 3/4 inches long by 2 1/2 inches wide at the top & 1 3/4 inches wide at the bottom, prongs measure 3 inches long. Has a gentle curve to follow the shape of the head. Asking $52 SOLD!

CattailsArt Hairsticks- EUC, Glass bead toppers with amber & pearl dangle. Sticks measure nearly 7 inches long, not including the toppers. Got these off ebay, cattails sticks are wonderful...strong, beautiful and can even be worn in wet hair. Only one of the hairsticks have the dangle, I cut the dangle off the other one because I thought it looked like a bit much in my hair. But I do still have the loose beads if you wanted them, but you'd have to specifically tell me so, I won't think of it or include them otherwise. Asking $30 SOLD!

-A DIY hairglove/ponytail holder, made of really pretty turquoise/teal china silk. It measures just over 18 inches long. It tapers slightly from top to the bottom. Closes with snaps, attaches at the top with a loop & a snap that you hook over part of your ponytail elastic. The sewing is not great & could use another snap or two towards the bottom half, but I can send a couple snaps along if you want to sew it in yourself. But you'd have to mention it, or I won't think to do it LOL. It looks really pretty & exotic on, but alas, no possibility of an action shot at this point. Asking $6 SOLD!

60th Street Hair Fork- Handcrafted delicate hair fork with tiger eye bead. Bead is mounted so that it spins in the center. I don't remember what kind of wood. Measures 6 inches long by 1 inch wide at the top, tapers to 1/2 wide at the bottom. The prong length is 5 inches. Asking $12 SOLD!

Continued in next post!
    Last edited by connie; March 15th, 2008 at 10:57 AM.
    I'm still alittle thrown & lost by all the new stuff on LHC, so please don't take it personally if I haven't found my way to your journal or blog or whatnot yet...it doesn't mean I don't love you!

Length
    39/23.5/n/a
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Continued...
    Abalone inlaid Chopsticks- Wood, painted chocolate brown with abalone chip inlay. These are two single sticks, they are two different lengths. I have probably used them as singles & I have no idea what happened to their mates. They are not perfectly smooth feeling anymore, could probably use alittle laquer maybe? One measures 9 inches long, the other measures 7 3/4 inches long. Asking $6 SOLD!

Pictured together--3 pairs hairsticks- From left to right in the first picture:

-Pewter stick topped with large genuine green rutilated quartz beads & little jasper beads. Measures 4 1/2 in. long, not including the topper. Asking $8

-CC Hairsticks, black & silver painted sticks with decorative bead toppers. Measures 5 in. long, not including the topper. Asking $8

-Short metal hairsticks with genuine gemstone dangles. Dangles made of hematite, teardrop shaped grey moonstone & clear quartz beads. Sticks measure 4 1/2 inches long. Asking $8

All 3 SOLD!

Brand New Chopsticks- Real cute. Never used, still in the package, slightly blunted ends. Asking $3, or will combine with another item for $1.50

Laboradite Wood Hairstick- Wooden hair stick topped with genuine gemstones. A small red jasper bead, large laboradite bead, & garnet rondelle. Stick is slightly curved. The bead pin is not actually glued in, but I have never had any problems with it falling out. Measures 4 3/4 inches long, not including the topper. Asking $8 SOLD!

Kyanite Wood Hairstick- Wooden hair stick topped with genuine gemstones. Small lapis bead, small moonstone bead, then 2 kyanite beads. The lighter blue kyanite bead has some black occlusions on it that did not show up in the photos. The bead pin is not actually glued in, and there is alittle play along the pin, but I have never had any problems with it falling out. Measures 6 inches long, not including the topper. Asking $8

Monk the Monks single hairstick- Drop dead gorgeous snakewood (looks like leopard skin) hair stick. Wonderful craftsmanship, smooth like glass. It measures just shy of 6 1/2 inches, not counting the decorative topper part & just over 7 inches, measuring the whole thing.
    Asking $28 OBO SOLD!

-3 wide headbands, a pink suede one, a dark patterned sorta suede-looking one & a real wide white one with black & red cherry blossoms. Asking $5 each or $13 for all 3. The pink is still available, the other 2 are pending!

My Details: Smoke-free home with one aloof cat. I have 100% positive feedback on ebay under "rshively10" and 100% positive itrader feedback on "The Babywearer under "Chelo." Prices include shipping, which will be first class, possibly priority but only if it's cheaper, which is unlikely LOL. I'm not looking for any trades ATM. I am, of course, willing to combine shipping to save you money for multiple items. Please note, that on the items with gemstones, the stones will have naturally occuring inclussions/oclussions (flaws) characteristic of all gemstones.

Thanks for looking at my post!
    Last edited by connie; March 15th, 2008 at 11:03 AM.
    I'm still alittle thrown & lost by all the new stuff on LHC, so please don't take it personally if I haven't found my way to your journal or blog or whatnot yet...it doesn't mean I don't love you!

..always be, forever long capelli lunghi's Avatar
    Length
    Birth/Knee/???
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/iii

I'll take the 60th street fork and the Abalone inlaid Chopsticks!!
    2a/2b/F/M/iii Birth/Knee/???
    L'Arte di Capelli Lunga - Long Hair Art
    Lady Hequet Giver of the Lifewaters in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

BeyondClassic Webmistress Cinnamon Hair's Avatar
    Type
    1c/M/ii/iii

The title mentions monk hairtoys but I don't see any. Did you forget to list them?

Length
    13/37/32
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Wow that French twist comb is gorgeous! Somebody with shorter hair grab it quick! I'm losing self-control here and I know I need a comb twice that size to hold my hair.

Length
    35cm/86cm/100cm
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by sapphire-o View Post
    Wow that French twist comb is gorgeous! Somebody with shorter hair grab it quick! I'm losing self-control here and I know I need a comb twice that size to hold my hair.
    My thoughts exactly! It's so pretty, but too small for me... but it's so pretty.
    "I can't stand makeup commercials. 'do you need lipstick that keeps your lips kissable?' no, I need lipstick that gets me equal pay for equal work. How about eye shadow that makes me stop thinking I'm too fat? Maria bamford" Conefree Conditioners in Oz

Length
    18+/39/???
    Type
    2c/3a/F/iii

I have no self control, so I'm pm'ing about that gorgeous blondiesturn fork. (My bank account will thank you if this is already gone; my eyes, hands and hair will not!)

And you've cut your hair! And no pix on your profile! I loved your colour and layers!

Connie, we need pictures, you know...

Length
    39/23.5/n/a
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Cinnamon Hair View Post
    The title mentions monk hairtoys but I don't see any. Did you forget to list them?
    Oops! Sorry about that.
    I cross-posted on another board originally & someone there already took them. I copy-pasted, I thought I edited the title, but apparently not.

Well, actually, I do have one more monks stick left, but I was waiting on hearing back from the person who took the other monks stuff I had...
    but I can pm you pics if you'd like.

Length
    I Do/n't M/esure
    Type
    3c/M/C/ii/iii

Oh no! What in your stash is left!?!

Length
    39/23.5/n/a
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Thanks for the kind words ladies!

Darkwaves, I don't think my new cut is worth taking a pic of, I literally just put it in a ponytail & had my husband cut it off for me. So it's nothing cute or special.

It was just driving me nuts, plus I was shedding like mad & I never had time to take care of it right, just too busy with my baby. He's 13 months old now, but he's a major handful.

So, it's just blunt across the bottom, about 3 inches past my shoulders. It's only been a couple weeks, but I still have the pony tail, isn't that nutty? I intend to get rid of it of course.
    And eventually, I might go have it trimmed up properly, I don't actually like it blunt. I can't do it myself, it's too short to see what I'm doing.

Well, maybe I'll come up with some pics later anyway.

I sure missed LHC, glad it's back up!