Page 86 of 105 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896 ... LastLast

Thread: Toadstool shampoo and conditioner -- has anyone tried these?

Length
    Chin/Hip/TBL
    Type
    3a/F/M/iii

Default Re: Toadstool shampoo and conditioner -- has anyone tried these?

GR, give your things a chance to settle down a little, as the ride over to you was undoubtedly rough. In a week or so, they should settle enough that you get a clear version of what they'll smell like. You may find that the soap note fades away some!
    "I stopped cutting it when my true love went off to the Crusades and I vowed not to cut it or talk about it until they get back."
    Quote from Kat's mother, one that deserves to be used over and over!

Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by sisi33 View Post
    GR, give your things a chance to settle down a little, as the ride over to you was undoubtedly rough. In a week or so, they should settle enough that you get a clear version of what they'll smell like. You may find that the soap note fades away some!
    Thanks for the advice sisi33! I will definitely do that. Also, maybe the smell will get better with my new conditioner that came in.
    Creeping my way back to Classic

Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

Well the scent did get better, but I think these products are just a no go for me. The shampoo is too thick and just doesn't seem to clean very well. I am feeling some build up and I am getting bumps on my scalp.
    Creeping my way back to Classic

Has anyone tried the Hair Cream in an SMT? By itself I haven't had the results I was hoping for. I was thinking that using it in an SMT would be a good try. But I wanted to ask here first.

Wow, this thread has really slowed down! I've read all the rave reviews and decided to get a trial size of the shampoo and leave in but unscented. Cheryl was very quick and nice. She cooked up my order today. She still has very positive reviews on her site, so lets hope this is a winner for me!

1b~M~ii
    Camamu Shampoo Bar in Laranja Chamomile

Length
    chin/SL/~
    Type
    1a/F/M/ii

My boyfriend and I have been trying out the shampoo in two different scents for the past 2-3 weeks. His hair is incredible soft using it and is much cleaner looking. My hair was excellent the 1st wash but the 2nd and 3rd wash came out a bit greasy on the back of my head. I guess my hair just needed to transition but now it looks very glittery and it has been leaving my hair just as clean as my previous shampoo since the 4th wash and on.

i'm a new member, but a long time lurker. i mostly made an account so i could post in this thread! bringing it back. i've been using toadstool products for maybe a year. i've tried a few scents and cinnamon buns is my favorite. i use the shampoo and conditioner. i've tried the perfume oil and prefer the dry body oil over it. my mom loves the body powder. i like it, but it's more her thing. the shampoo + leave-in conditioner are great. the body wash is nice. i've been dying to try the body butter and conditioning cream. i've been happy with this discovery. cheryl is wonderful, too.

Type
    1b/F/M/ii

I'd really like to try this but I just have this aversion to soap based shampoo's. I really don't like the thought of having to neutralize my hair with an acid after. I've looked through quite a few pages but I haven't actually seen anyone mention anything about neutralizing it so I'm wondering if I got the wrong information and it's not soap based? Anyone know a rough pH of the shampoos?

24 - 25 - 26 - 27 - 28 - 29 - 30 - 31 - 32 - 33 - 34

Type
    2a/F/i/ii

They have travel sizes? I am going to check and if so will order too.
    Off to front page for site.

I think the rinse out sounds perfect. Is Conditioner Wheat and Oat Based Rinse Out Pro Vitamin B Aloe Rosehip Nettle Leaf Green Tea the only one or are there other scents?
    hmmm. Maybe I want a detangling spray too perhaps? The Deep looks nice too but I want to be pruduent and start with one thing.

The leave in I think I could skip and just mix something at home so will try that one last if the other ones wow me. I am cowashing but still poo once in a while so the shampoo does look nice. oh the choices.
    Last edited by ErinLeigh; May 5th, 2014 at 08:55 PM.
    Cut hair 11.06.2013 to CBL. Patiently waiting for it to grow back strong and healthy.
    Photo taken 12.04.2013

Type
    2a/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by divinedobbie View Post
    I'd really like to try this but I just have this aversion to soap based shampoo's. I really don't like the thought of having to neutralize my hair with an acid after. I've looked through quite a few pages but I haven't actually seen anyone mention anything about neutralizing it so I'm wondering if I got the wrong information and it's not soap based? Anyone know a rough pH of the shampoos?
    I wonder if the lemon in it is the acid that is mixed in to balance?
    I have one soap based shampoo and hard water and for some reason it works well. You have me thinking though I should follow with a citric acid rinse when I use it. I only use 2 times a month but still worth doing right. I will try and see if it matters.
    Cut hair 11.06.2013 to CBL. Patiently waiting for it to grow back strong and healthy.
    Photo taken 12.04.2013