Page 61 of 105 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast

Thread: Toadstool shampoo and conditioner -- has anyone tried these?

Length
    1.5"/40/41.5
    Type
    1b/F/M/i/ii

Red face Re: Toadstool shampoo and conditioner -- has anyone tried these?

I've known the Wikipedia description since the 60's (yeah, I'm just an old hippie )
    Maintaining at Classic for awhile.
    Laydye Aurora of the Spynning Fybres in the Order of The Long Haired Knights

Just letting it grow ravenheather's Avatar
    Length
    16/23/Term
    Type
    2b/F/ii

Default Re: Toadstool shampoo and conditioner -- has anyone tried these?

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs.Witherup View Post
    Cyndeigh I think it is the patchouli he was smelling! He said not to change it if I like it tho, he'll get used to it The scent that is strongest to me is the cinnamon, I really like it now after a couple days of use! The shampoo has such a nice lather to it, and cleans my hair so gently!!
    Let me know how the Merapi smells, my next scent I want to be a woodsy smell, like a magical forest, lol! Does anyone have any of the earthy scents??
    I love sandalwood vanilla, mostly smells like sandalwood. I also like dragon's blood, which is just like incense. It smells just like a new age bookstore I used to go to. I've bought white ginger for my sister it is nice and citrusy but very light. And I have jasmine vanilla which I like but it's not me. When my sister smelled it she said it smelled like my mom. Turns out she's right. My mom loves jasmine. Probably why I am not crazy over it. I love my mom but I don't want to smell like her. lol

Going for terminal, but also enjoying wearing my hair down and curly.

Length
    jaw/SL/waist
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii/iii

Ok.... you all have me intersted in trying this I keep trying CO but every time I seem to run into massive shedding issues I am currently using Giovani 50/50 shampoo and conditioner but i am dying to use something more natural. What would you guys reccomend I try for a shampoo? (I dislike sulfates if that helps)
    Oh and I do love woodsy scents
    Last edited by JellyBene; April 30th, 2012 at 07:58 AM.
    Long hair/ natural hair care friendly hair stylist

Length
    ?/48/term?
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by JellyBene View Post
    Oh and I do love woodsy scents
    Toadstool is THE best shampoo I've ever used (I've used a lot, lol) I say go for it!
    As far as woodsy scents, that's what I wanted too, don't get witch's potion, lol I do like it, just not what I was thinking it would be.
    I recently discovered BPAL (oh no, another obsession, lol) so I ordered unscented Toadstool and am going to scent it with some BPAL oil
    Goal: Knee by Christmas 2013! About 6" to go!

Length
    .05/25.5/45
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii/iii

Forgive me, but I'm a bit too lazy to go back 61 pages (but 61 pages for a product looks promising!) I'm trying to find a SLS shampoo and it just seems like everything has some form of sulfate. I'm willing to give these a try, especially based on the scents. Gosh! Witch Potion is calling my name!!!

Has anyone tried it with hair that is sensitive to coconut oil?

Also, any wurly girls (2bish) recommend it?

Length
    ?/48/term?
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii/iii

The witches potion is very strong on the cinnamon and patchouli No sulfates but it still lathers pretty good for me. And I only use coconut oil as a prewash treatment, because it makes my hair so greasy, but in this shampoo it works
    As for the wurly curlies, I just have one crazy wave in the back and it doesn't affect it one way or the other, lol. Hopefully some curlies can help us on this!
    Goal: Knee by Christmas 2013! About 6" to go!

Length
    jaw/SL/waist
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii/iii

I am completely torn between Dragon's Blood and Mini skirt! Can anyone describe the way either or both smell and which you like better?

Length
    pixie/chin/term
    Type
    1b/F/i/ii

I have Dragon's Blood conditioner, and I love it!! It is a warm, woodsy scent. Very subtle. I smell the amber and sandalwood. this is not floral at all. Also, hubby likes it too. If you like woodsy scents, give it a go!
    Lady Ithilethiel Of the Jessamine Winds, in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    Chin/APL/BSL
    Type
    2c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by sarahbrownie View Post
    Forgive me, but I'm a bit too lazy to go back 61 pages (but 61 pages for a product looks promising!) I'm trying to find a SLS shampoo and it just seems like everything has some form of sulfate. I'm willing to give these a try, especially based on the scents. Gosh! Witch Potion is calling my name!!!

Has anyone tried it with hair that is sensitive to coconut oil?

Also, any wurly girls (2bish) recommend it?
    I wash with the shampoo, then use the hair cream on a daily basis. Sometimes I use the leave in, but very little of it. I find just the leave in is just not enough for my wurly hair. However, I have found that my wave is more defined, and curls more than waves. If you're not sure she has trial sizes of the shampoo and leave in available, and you can get them in different scents.

Length
    jaw/SL/waist
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Cyndeigh View Post
    I have Dragon's Blood conditioner, and I love it!! It is a warm, woodsy scent. Very subtle. I smell the amber and sandalwood. this is not floral at all. Also, hubby likes it too. If you like woodsy scents, give it a go!
    Thanks! This time I went with mini skirt (DBF thought it sounded really yummy) but I think next time I will try Dragon's Blood