Page 48 of 105 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898 ... LastLast

Thread: Toadstool shampoo and conditioner -- has anyone tried these?

Length
    pixie/Clsc/?
    Type
    2c/F/M/iii

Default Re: Toadstool shampoo and conditioner -- has anyone tried these?

Quote Originally Posted by chou View Post
    I just received a shipment of body butter in miniskirt, shampoo in honeysuckle grapefruit, and shower gel in sugarcane so here are my reviews:

Body butter: this feels like a very THICK cold cream and it made my hands and feet really soft. I put it on at night and before going to work in the morning (in a lab, lots of hand washing) and my hands were so soft resisted chapping and dryness really well! The best part is, it soaks in so fast. It doesn't have a greasy or slimy feel at all. Just rich and a bit waxy.

I already did reviews of the shower gel and shampoo and I still love them after a few weeks of using them exclusively.

Fragrances:

Sugarcane: oh my, I really like this one. It's a light floral with this fresh sweet smell underneath it. It's not a sugary sweet or vanilla baked good sweet, it really smells like fresh, green sugarcane! I think I will love this in the spring especially.

Miniskirt: totally amazing and surprisingly light! It smells mostly like rose at first with a bit of vanilla of citrus and something else totally wonderful that my untrained nose can't recognize. My boyfriend can't stop smelling me when I have this scent on my skin. He says that I smell like a "classy lady." I love love love this scent!

Honeysuckle grapefruit: this is a really nice mix but it mostly smells like grapefruit. Not that this is a problem for me because I love the smell of grapefruit, and this particular grapefruit scent is perfect! It's clean and fresh and definitely something I want to put it in my hair.

I have a question about the shampoo, though. Has anyone experienced their shampoo going cloudy and very thin, like water? My trial sized bottle of shampoo started to form these cloudy lumps in it and eventually went from clear and thick to white-ish and thin. My new bottle of shampoo has similar patches of cloudy stuff floating in it currently. The thin shampoo works exactly the same as the thick, clear shampoo but I just thought it was strange and wanted to know what caused it. It's pretty cold here, so maybe the temperature during shipping? The humidity in my shower? Any other ideas?
    I have a lot of her shampoo and some are thick and clear, and others are cloudy and thin. I think the fragrance oils might have something to do with it. Some can cause thinning. I just shake them really well before I use them and it is all good.

MissEarlGrey, you might want to try a larger amount of the leave in. I use at least two half dollar size dollops of it. Sometimes more. It took me awhile to get the amount right.

Huge Tolkien Nerd! Long_hair_bear's Avatar
    Length
    bob/41.25/Term
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Has anyone tried very vanilla or jasmine? I'm curious about them.

“Some of the worst mistakes in my life were haircuts." - Jim Morrison
    "But if a woman have long hair, it is a glory to her." 1 Corinthians 11:15
    *UNICORN* Looking for Maxima Diamond Two toned Amethyst in Large

Length
    24/36/35
    Type
    1c/M/ii/iii

Well my hair did NOT like. At all. I think I'll keep the shampoo but I'll either toss or swap the conditioner. I've been trying to get away from old faithful (Nature's Gate) for a long time, but I guess Toadstool isn't the answer. I'll keep searching...

I reached my goal length, thanks LHC! I guess I'm just here for the good company now.

Length
    bob/41.25/Term
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by MissEarlGrey View Post
    Well my hair did NOT like. At all. I think I'll keep the shampoo but I'll either toss or swap the conditioner. I've been trying to get away from old faithful (Nature's Gate) for a long time, but I guess Toadstool isn't the answer. I'll keep searching...
    The interesting thing is that our hair types are almost identical and yet my hair loves it and yours hates it. Sorry it didn't work out for you, but everyone's hair is different. I'm sure you'll find something you'll love.

Length
    20 in/30/40 in
    Type
    2c/M/ii

I want to.place an order but feel overwhelmed on selections of smells lol
    http://xovictoryxo.blogspot.com/
    Lady Victory of the Skyward Sword in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    bob/41.25/Term
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by xovictoryxo View Post
    I want to.place an order but feel overwhelmed on selections of smells lol

Well I can tell you blue lilac is beyond awesome.

Length
    Chin/Hip/Class
    Type
    2b/M/C/ii/iii

Enablers, the lot of you.

I now have black currant rose shampoo and black tea rose hair conditioning cream in my cart. Considering having their milk and honey one as well. And the Lavender Sage Anise. And I just sent a message asking about blue lilac as it was not listed under her deep conditioning creams.

Length
    bob/41.25/Term
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by HintOfMint View Post

I now have black currant rose shampoo and black tea rose hair conditioning cream in my cart. Considering having their milk and honey one as well. And the Lavender Sage Anise. And I just sent a message asking about blue lilac as it was not listed under her deep conditioning creams.

She can make the condish cream in whatever scent you'd like. Sometimes she sells one and doesn't get around to resisting it fast enough. In that instance, I buy a different condish cream but put it in the cart notes that I want it made in blue lilac.

Length
    Chin/Hip/Class
    Type
    2b/M/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Long_hair_bear View Post
    She can make the condish cream in whatever scent you'd like. Sometimes she sells one and doesn't get around to resisting it fast enough. In that instance, I buy a different condish cream but put it in the cart notes that I want it made in blue lilac.
    She replied and I just sent my order for conditioning cream in blue lilac. Yay! I can't wait till it arrives!

Length
    Pixie/bsl/waist
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by HintOfMint View Post

Oooh please post fragrance reviews when you receive your order! Those scents sound lovely but I haven't tried any of them yet (except blue lilac, which is amazing!).