Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How often do you ACV Rinse?

Type
    2c/3a/F/ii

Default Re: How often do you ACV Rinse?

Quote Originally Posted by alwayssmiling View Post
    To answer OPs question I have been doing it everyday because I like the effect so much, but would be interested if any experts would regard this as too much. Also has anyone experimented using ACV with a tea rinse like nettle?
    I have to wash & condition every day or every other day and I do follow up with ACV or lemon rinse every time. I have had no ill effects but my water is ridiculously hard.

I will substitute an herbal tea for the water in the rinse on occasion. I also make jars of herbal vinegar by putting a bunch of dried herbs tied up in coffee filters (could also use muslin), pouring vinegar over and leaving in a dark place. I shake mine when I think of it. You strain the vinegar after about two weeks (or longer) and ta-da! your own custom hair vinegar. I don't know about you guys, but my bathroom is now more full of kitchen products than toiletries

Nettles, marshmallow, mullein, horsetail and rosemary are among my favorites right now.

Length
    Pixie/SL/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/iii

I use it after I rinse out my conditioner, and every time I wash my hair, which is usually about once a week.

I wash my hair almost every day and use acv rinse at end of each wash. I sometime use herbal tea (hibiscus fenugreek) and add couple tablespoons of acv, shake, and rinse. I also combine honey and acv in warm water. Another variation is lemon juice, honey, acv and hibiscus tea. It leaves my hair feeling light, fluffy and my celie braids bounce ... win win

Length
    waist/18"/waist
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii

I use one every time I wash my hair using shampoo bars, so about 2-3 times a week.

Length
    chin/flip/bsl
    Type
    1b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Neecola View Post
    I don't know about you guys, but my bathroom is now more full of kitchen products than toiletries
    haha! True. My bathroom cabinet looks like a pantry.

Love that idea about the infused vinegars!!
    Will definitely try, thank you.
    A hair in the head is worth two in the brush.  ~Oliver Herford

Banned
    Length
    Chin/SL/BSL
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/ii

I don't mean to get wacky right now,but usually don't dilute my ACV,and it doesn't dry my hair. Oh,and I do a rinse about..um..once a month.

Length
    SL/27"/WL
    Type
    2a/F/ii

I've been reading up on doing AVC washes for a while now. Now I just have to get myself to the grocery store to buy some!

Type
    2c/3a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by marisa View Post
    haha! True. My bathroom cabinet looks like a pantry.

Love that idea about the infused vinegars!!
    Will definitely try, thank you.
    Always happy to share! Happy experimenting and don't forget to report back with your findings

Length
    Buzz/Pixie/Happy
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Going to resurrect this thread because I was going to make one just like this. I have been doing an ACV rinse every wash, and I wash every 3-4 days.
    I use a solution that is about 10-15% acv and the rest is water. I have low porosity hair, I use diluted sulphate shampoo (50/50 VO5 and water) and a coney conditioner, and live somewhere with medium-hard water.
    I use the ACV between shampooing and conditioning since I use a coney conditioner. I even let the acv sit on my hair for 30-60 seconds before rinsing it out.
    I've gotten my best results with this haircare routine. My slight wave is even coming back, and it's been MIA for months now, which I attribute to the mineral oil in the cone-free conditioner I had been using.
    Just trying to get by

Length
    APL/WL/HL
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

I was 3 tbs in 3 cups of water, don't rinse it out, and try doing it once a week but sometimes I'm too lazy. It does a good job taming my frizz and making my hair feel smoother and cleaner