Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Blonde foils.. I can't help it!

Length
    17/30/34+
    Type
    2a/C/i/ii

Default Re: Blonde foils.. I can't help it!

Maybe this is what we need, a thread for those of us who have flat-out color treated hair. Ideas on keeping it healthy, what works, or doesn't.

Mine is color treated and that is NOT going to change any time soon ~ my natural color (white) is definitely not flattering to my skin tone and I don't want to look a bunch older that I am, not yet anyways.

Good luck, enjoy and I hope all goes well.

Length
    ?/26/30++
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by lippleyluv View Post
    Maybe this is what we need, a thread for those of us who have flat-out color treated hair. Ideas on keeping it healthy, what works, or doesn't.

Mine is color treated and that is NOT going to change any time soon ~ my natural color (white) is definitely not flattering to my skin tone and I don't want to look a bunch older that I am, not yet anyways.

Good luck, enjoy and I hope all goes well.
    there are MANY such threads already. try an advanced search.
    Feb 2013, solid BSL again but shedding. Wondering if this is really terminal length. Hairtype 1b/2b, F/M, ii

Length
    19/30/36
    Type
    1a/F/ii

I wish members here didn't feel that they need to be apologetic for colour treating their hair. Plenty of us do, many with hair much longer than my own.

I have had enormous success with using coconut oil prior to colouring, and I really do recommend that you talk to your hairdresser and give it a go. It's made all the difference in the world to my hair.

I've been using coconut oil before touching up my roots for just over 2 years now, and I can see and feel exactly where that 2 year's worth of hair is thicker and healthier than the ends. It's a measurable difference.

Best of luck, and you'd better post a photo or two. You know how we love our photos here.

Length
    22/30/31
    Type
    1b/1c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by FrannyG View Post
    I wish members here didn't feel that they need to be apologetic for colour treating their hair. Plenty of us do, many with hair much longer than my own.

I have had enormous success with using coconut oil prior to colouring, and I really do recommend that you talk to your hairdresser and give it a go. It's made all the difference in the world to my hair.

I've been using coconut oil before touching up my roots for just over 2 years now, and I can see and feel exactly where that 2 year's worth of hair is thicker and healthier than the ends. It's a measurable difference.

Best of luck, and you'd better post a photo or two. You know how we love our photos here.
    of course I will!! for lack of a better word, I am a self proclaimed photo whore.. I love taking photos!!!
    I will chat to my hair dresser reg. coconut oil.
    I'm confused as to how it works though, I imagine the colour would not still well with coconut oil coating the hair??

xxx

Length
    16"?/29"/40"
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by FrannyG View Post

Thank you for saying that, Franny

I like to step up oiling the week before I get color and high lights. I think it helps.

I am not here to decorate your world

Account Closed by Member Request
    In the Realm of Innovative Hair Care Methods

Quote Originally Posted by Carolyn View Post
    Thank you for saying that, Franny

I like to step up oiling the week before I get color and high lights. I think it helps.
    I second kudos to FrannyG for her post regarding not being apologetic for using conventional hair dye. There are many gorgeous heads of hair here, regardless of pre-treatments being used on the hair, that are colour-treated.

Length
    27/42+/ftip
    Type
    1b/M/iii

I make no apologies for my highlights (past 5+ years). I also blowdry when I feel like it. Again no apologies. I do on occassion use a curling iron or flat iron on my bangs. My hair was almost classic length, but I hadn't had a hair cut in almost two years, so I had 2" removed. Best thing I ever did. I'm watching the length of my roots and whatever they grow, I'm going to trim half that off the ends everytime i get my foils done.
    ETA: I always go to the salon with dirty hair before highlights.
    Callie sez *meep*
    justgreen judiciously journals
    Lady Emeralde Justyce in the Order of the Long Hair Knights

Length
    17/30/34+
    Type
    2a/C/i/ii

I have tried to look up the color treated threads but I'm not very good at making the search function work for me. Operator error, of course

Length
    22/30/31
    Type
    1b/1c/M/ii

Oh I have terrible news...

The stupid, stupid hairdresser left the bloody foils in for too long and burnt my hair off!! It was coming out in big chunks!!!
    I am so so so very upset.. the colour is nice but she's wrecked my hair!!
    And she was so rough with my hair..

Never ever going there, ever again!!

Needing hugs right now.

Account Closed by Member Request
    In the Realm of Innovative Hair Care Methods

Quote Originally Posted by Hana212 View Post
    Oh I have terrible news...

The stupid, stupid hairdresser left the bloody foils in for too long and burnt my hair off!! It was coming out in big chunks!!!
    I am so so so very upset.. the colour is nice but she's wrecked my hair!!
    And she was so rough with my hair..

Never ever going there, ever again!!

Needing hugs right now.
    I just posted in your other thread. How awful. A double whammy. I am so sorry! Hugs (I cannot find the emoticon).

Your hair will recover from this! The salon should compensate you somehow, even if it is only with conditioning treatments. While nothing can repair the damage, there are treatments that can help strengthen the damaged hair that is left, including coconut oil.
    Last edited by ktani; October 18th, 2010 at 08:32 PM. Reason: spelling