Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: whats the best thing about having waist length hair?

Length
    .5/15/30
    Type
    1a/F/M/i/ii

Default whats the best thing about having waist length hair?

i am a little bit past collarbone length and i really want near waist length hair so i was wondering whats the best thing about having it. Is it putting up in a bun, braiding it because i just love it and i want it really bad

Length
    APL/Hip+/TBL
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Default Re: whats the best thing about having waist length hair?

Probably the way it looks when you catch yourself in the mirror if your hair happens to be down. I don't mean to sound arrogant, but I always gasp when I see it. Then I have to twirl around

But it IS nice to have a wider range of hairstyle options (not that I utilize them )
    The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart.
    -Helen Keller

Length
    APL/Hip+/TBL
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Eep! Double post. Because that's how Firefox rolls
    The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart.
    -Helen Keller

Length
    Buzz/hip/class
    Type
    3a/3b/M/ii/iii

I like being able to do different buns and I love the look when its down. But it still doesnt feel very long to me, I think only at TB will I feel a real long hair and thats ages off for me.
    Buzz October 2015 to get rid of bendigo and lots of other damage, now Al natural and loving it....where will my journey end? I will tell you when I get there. Lifelong Co washer and LOC method currentl approaching curly hip

Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

Hmmm well considering mine is all one length, I love to do different buns, like the nautilus, which I CANNOT do with shorter hair. I also like herringbone braids, and putting my hair half-back makes me feel like an elf. But I also love to just wear my hair down occasionally, with a microbraid in it, and I feel like a free-spirited hippie. Basically it's the variety it gives me, and it's the length where I actually can call my hair "long" (this being normal society standards, lol).

APL+//BSL//MBL//Waist

Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    I like being able to do different buns and I love the look when its down. But it still doesnt feel very long to me, I think only at TB will I feel a real long hair and thats ages off for me.
    Yeah, it still feels very short. I won't think it's long in my standards until I get to hip.

APL+//BSL//MBL//Waist

For me, the best thing about having long hair is that it keeps me warm in the winter when other people's heads and ears are cold. Also, when I wear it up, it's like being "instant skinny" because people get used to seeing me with my hair sticking out everywhere, and don't realize that I'm not as big as my hair! :-)

waist length - seems to be the most versatile length; long enough to do some braids and buns, but not so long you have to leave it up ALL the time.

Length
    17.5"/APL/APL
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii

It's long enough to put it up in buns, yet short enough to wear it down without too much trouble

Type
    1a/F/i/ii

The comfort of it! Being able to feel the tips of your hair when you're at the beach(and the amazing way it flows in water) is weirdly comforting. Haha, and it makes for an awesome scarf in the colder months!

Having 'that much'(y'know, for regular non-LHC standards) hair tends to turn a few heads, too. It's flattering!