Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I gave in and TRIMMED! (pics)

The Last Hairbender Dreams_in_Pink's Avatar
    Length
    pob/Hip/CL
    Type
    1c/2a/C/ii/iii

Default Re: I gave in and TRIMMED! (pics)

Thanks everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by CrisDee View Post
    I'm one that likes a tidier hemline, so I LOVE your results!
    Ahh, i also love thick, blunt hemlines (on myself)

Quote Originally Posted by FrannyG View Post
    You really don't need to trim any more than that at all right now.
    Actually i do; the flatiron damage is too obvious when compared to virgin roots. But i'll go slowly for the sake of growth...

Quote Originally Posted by jera View Post
    Your ends didn't look all that bad in the before shot. You can always curl just the ends to camouflage thinness if you ever don't want to trim.
    It's not that they looked bad, i just wanted to feel my ends thicker. I'm also going through a shedding phase so thick ends really make me happy

Quote Originally Posted by Qwackie View Post
    I just got my bangs trimmed today. They were getting in my eyes, and the bleach really damaged them.
    Great if you could get all the bleach out

Quote Originally Posted by jeanniet View Post
    It looks great! I dust about 1/4" every month using Feye's method because that seems to be just enough to help the ends, but doesn't affect growth negatively at all. If anything, I'm getting more growth. I don't think there's anything wrong at all with trimming, and sometimes it can be a real help.
    I always thought trimming would make hair shorter. Technically it does, but after the trim you look like you have more hair It's like magic!

Quote Originally Posted by redneckprincess View Post
    i say hold out to every couple months...I try to trim no more then 3" a year but i might try to make this a no trimming for 2 years insted of just 1 this time...Im about 4.5 months in so far going 12 mo for sure...well see then if i feel i can/should go longer...yours looks nice
    I think i'm gonna keep micro-trimming every 3 months or so. You have a thick hemline, but mine's way too thin and there's crazy amount of taper going on.

Quote Originally Posted by McFearless View Post
    You should cut your own hair from now on, it looks great!
    Hahaa, i definitely will! So many bad experiences!

Quote Originally Posted by ericthegreat View Post
    You did a great job trimming your own hair! You somehow managed the art of doing both creating a cleaner, thicker hemline and trimming off as little hair as possible. It looks wonderful.
    Much thanks to Feye for creating such understandable step-by-step instructions. If there was no instructions, i would never dare to cut my own hair at this length

Chin /// Shoulder /// APL /// BSL ///Waist /// Hip /// BCL /// Tailbone /// Classic (final goal) /// All one length Classic

Length
    APL/Hip +/TBL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii/iii

Post Re: I gave in and TRIMMED! (pics)

Quote Originally Posted by Dreams_in_Pink View Post
    I had sworn to myself never to cut my hair till tailbone, but today i realized how thin my ends were. I grabbed the scissors and trimmed very little using Feye's method. It's so small that even i cannot see any difference

Here's before shot: ( I don't know why my hair looks so greasy and stringy here)

And this is after:

I'm happy with the way it looks now, more blunt than before.

I know, i should've trimmed WAY more than that. But i don't wanna mess with it too much as I'm craving for more length. I might repeat the same trim every month till my ends look thicker. But I'm tellin ya, i might.
    Your newly trimmed hair looks great and your hair looks even thicker now i find it hard to trim your own hair when its wavy do you have the same problem? did you trim when dry or curly?

The Last Hairbender Dreams_in_Pink's Avatar
    Length
    pob/Hip/CL
    Type
    1c/2a/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by bunzfan View Post
    Your newly trimmed hair looks great and your hair looks even thicker now i find it hard to trim your own hair when its wavy do you have the same problem? did you trim when dry or curly?
    Thank you! It'd be best to trim when wet because hair is straighter. But i trimmed when dry and wavy. Unevenness won't show on my texture so i'm not too careful

Chin /// Shoulder /// APL /// BSL ///Waist /// Hip /// BCL /// Tailbone /// Classic (final goal) /// All one length Classic

Length
    APL/Hip +/TBL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii/iii

Post Re: I gave in and TRIMMED! (pics)

Quote Originally Posted by Dreams_in_Pink View Post
    Thank you! It'd be best to trim when wet because hair is straighter. But i trimmed when dry and wavy. Unevenness won't show on my texture so i'm not too careful
    Thanks for the tip, i last cut my hair when wet and your right it doesn't show up unevenness so much

Length
    ?/50/50
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/iii

It looks great!
    http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=4250&attachmentid=1969

Length
    12/25/35
    Type
    2a/M/i/ii

Looks great! You've made some great progress
    Last edited by KittyLost; October 3rd, 2010 at 08:07 AM.
    Chin - Shoulder - APL - BSL - Waist - Hip - Tailbone
    - No Heat - Veggie Dyes - No Cuts -

Type
    1a/C/ii/iii

Looks great! I like your waves

Length
    shldr/APL/APL
    Type
    2a/F/M/i/ii

Looking lovely, nice what a lil trim can do. Love the feel and look of my freshly trimmed ends. Neatening up mine from summer to now, then maybe no trims til early next year