Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Water soluble 'cones?

Account Closed by Member Request
    Type
    2c/3a/M/i

Quote Originally Posted by eadwine View Post
    I don't see it? All I see there is one on measuring and on split ends
    It's listed in My Articles but you're right, I can't see it in the articles section! I'm guessing it's being checked by admin or something? Totally clueless over here

Length
    BSL/~Clsc/FrTip
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by eadwine View Post
    I don't see it? All I see there is one on measuring and on split ends
    The articles now have to be reviewed by the mods before being posted The henna and herbal hair coloring article are in purgatory too.

Quote Originally Posted by Celebrian View Post
    That link says that regarding water solubility - Dimethicone is INSOLUBLE. I thought it was water soluble! Help! It's the only one I have in the house (conditioner) and I'm not letting it near my hair if it 'aint water soluble...

ETA I found this site: www.gina.antczak.btinternet.co.uk/CU/ING.HTM. It describes my Dimethicone Propyl PG-Betaine (in conditioner) as a synthetic silicone polymer, with functions being those of Antistatic and Surfectant... Is this a goodish silicone or one of the worst types?

Sorry to keep asking questions!
    IIRC from the cone article, dimethicone on it's own is insoluble, as pariate pointed out. If it's hooked to a PEG or to another water-soluble cone like "Cyclopentasoloxane (and) Dimethicone" (must be framed between two commas, not seperated by one) then it's water-soluble

Length
    18/24/28
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade View Post
    The articles now have to be reviewed by the mods before being posted The henna and herbal hair coloring article are in purgatory too.

IIRC from the cone article, dimethicone on it's own is insoluble, as pariate pointed out. If it's hooked to a PEG or to another water-soluble cone like "Cyclopentasoloxane (and) Dimethicone" (must be framed between two commas, not seperated by one) then it's water-soluble
    Ok, thanks Nightshade. I guess that means I won't be using this particular conditioner. *Off to find some Cyclopentasoloxane, or similar...*

Length
    chest/butt/thigh
    Type
    1a/F/M/ii

Default Re: Water soluble 'cones?

i didnt think there were any water soluble cone, i thoght thats why they were bad?

Length
    27/32-33/35'
    Type
    1b/1c/M/iii

I think people are missing the point of conditioners. The aren't just dimethicone. They have that as one minor ingredient in a sea of ingredients. If you take a conditioner that has dimethicone in it, it will wash off your hands. It may take longer to fully remove it, but it comes off. Taking straight oil--olive oil or otherwise, does NOT rinse off.

People have to remember that you aren't conditioning your hair with dimethicone, it's just one tiny part in a bigger picture. The percentage is probably so small, I don't think it's that big of a concern, unless you have an allergy to it or find your hair just doesn't like it
    ~Dare to Dream~

~Lady Aithon of the Fire-Shod Steed in the Order of the Long-Haired Knights~

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse1 View Post
    I think people are missing the point of conditioners. The aren't just dimethicone. They have that as one minor ingredient in a sea of ingredients. If you take a conditioner that has dimethicone in it, it will wash off your hands. It may take longer to fully remove it, but it comes off. Taking straight oil--olive oil or otherwise, does NOT rinse off.

People have to remember that you aren't conditioning your hair with dimethicone, it's just one tiny part in a bigger picture. The percentage is probably so small, I don't think it's that big of a concern, unless you have an allergy to it or find your hair just doesn't like it

You make a very good point.
    I would think it would be the smae with sulphates, unless you have an allergy or something then it's just an ingredient.