Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: L.A. Ink...Kat Von D

Length
    SHLDR/32/36
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Default L.A. Ink...Kat Von D

I've been watching the new episodes of L.A. Ink with Kat's red hair. Does anybody think that it looks kind of like she's wearing a wig? It's not because of the bright color, but because you can't really see her scalp or her hairline. I wonder if her hair was damaged when they dyed it from black to red.

Length
    1/4"/BSL/class
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/ii

Default Re: L.A. Ink...Kat Von D

I have to take a moment to say how much I adore Kat....

*moment*

Now - her hair does looks like wig. Not sure if it is or not.
    "Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring."Marilyn Monroe

Length
    17"/tb/term
    Type
    1b/F/ii

It definitely looks like a wig to me, especially after seeing clips of her natural hair (sans extensions and unusual colors). Plus the texture reminds me of wig "hair". It's either fake or really, really damaged to look like that.

Type
    1b/M/ii

Could be. A while ago she appeared with a very white head and it just kept getting shorter and shorter after that. She literally bleached the life out of it, I suppose.

Length
    bob/22.5"/max
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/ii

I don't get the fancy tv channels anymore so I stopped watching that show. I have to say though, that woman irritates me to no end.
    Tired mom of two young children. Beginner sew-er, knitter and crocheter. Also, I like baking cakes.

Length
    13"/16"/24"
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/i/ii

I was just watching this last night and I adore her whole look and I think her hair looks really cool but I did suspect a wig once or twice. I'm still not sure but I totally know what you mean about the no hair line thing. I'm thinking it may be extensions??? It appears to be a mix of bright red and black pieces underneath. Whatever it is I love it.

I have no idea how Kat could irritate anyone...she's a ridiculously talented, successful women doing her thing and looking awesome doing it. I love her!
    “The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated” -Mahatma Gandhi

Length
    17"/tb/term
    Type
    1b/F/ii

(I know this thread is about her hair, but...)

Quote Originally Posted by May View Post
    I have no idea how Kat could irritate anyone...she's a ridiculously talented, successful women doing her thing and looking awesome doing it. I love her!

These are all true things. She is extremely talented and she's using that talent to express herself and enrich her life. However, I find her personality grating and immature. She's quite full of herself--a certain amount of pride is definitely warranted, she's excellent at what she does--but she really goes over the top with it sometimes. Also, the way she treats other people can be very harsh and disrespectful, sometimes downright demeaning. One would think that constantly being on camera would give one pause to behave that way, but it doesn't seem to bother her in the least.

I didn't like her on Miami Ink, and I don't like her on L.A. Ink. I won't ever downplay her talent, it's obvious that she's at the top of her field, but as a person in general, she irritates me very badly; her personality/behavior just grates on my nerves.

/end hijack, back to hair

Length
    bob/22.5"/max
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by paperwhite View Post
    (I know this thread is about her hair, but...)

These are all true things. She is extremely talented and she's using that talent to express herself and enrich her life. However, I find her personality grating and immature. She's quite full of herself--a certain amount of pride is definitely warranted, she's excellent at what she does--but she really goes over the top with it sometimes. Also, the way she treats other people can be very harsh and disrespectful, sometimes downright demeaning. One would think that constantly being on camera would give one pause to behave that way, but it doesn't seem to bother her in the least.

I didn't like her on Miami Ink, and I don't like her on L.A. Ink. I won't ever downplay her talent, it's obvious that she's at the top of her field, but as a person in general, she irritates me very badly; her personality/behavior just grates on my nerves.

/end hijack, back to hair
    What she said, it's her *ahem* personality etc. It's similar to how I feel about Rachel Ray, too much phony baloney bubbliness/I hate her laugh etc. Yecccch.
    Tired mom of two young children. Beginner sew-er, knitter and crocheter. Also, I like baking cakes.

Length
    APL/Knee/Knee
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

It looks like a wig and it looks pretty nasty. She's going downhill at the moment; she was stunning on Miami Ink, but she's looking weird, almost ill now.

She has been wearing extensions for a long time so I suppose she's at the wig stage from that and bleaching
    Finally at knee, with a new quest for thick ends!
    📸 Hairstagram

Length
    20"/MBL/?
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/iii

I think it is a wig, it does not look like natural hair to me.
    Sometimes I like Kat and other times I think she is awful. That being said, if a camera was filming me all the time, I think I would be surprised as to how I would be perceived. You would see the best and worst of me - how scary !!