Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: jabakusum taila anyone?

Type
    1c/M/C/iii

Default jabakusum taila anyone?

I used to used this oil very regularly but stopped when I started exploring other oils. Well, a couple of nights ago, I went back to it and now I'm regretting ever trading it!

Anyone else try it? The name means Hibiscus Oil, but I can't find an ingredient list. It's pretty light, is red, and has a strong flowery smell.

I've bought it in indian grocery stores.

Type
    2b/2c/M/ii/iii

Default Re: jabakusum taila anyone?

I used this when I was small ( my mom bought and put it on my hair,to be honest), but don't seem to find it nowadays even in India. It was a staple oil for Bengalis at one time. And also one called Cantheridine.

Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Here is the link to Jabakusum Taila if anyone is interested.
    http://www.theindianfoodstore.com/he...oil-200ml.html
    Hesh Product.
    Ingredients: Vegetable Oil, Paraffinum Liquidum (Mineral Oil), Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Hibiscus Rosa Sinensis (Jasund / Jaba / Hibiscus) Extract, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Oil, Parfum, Olea Europaea (Olive) Oil, Isopropyl Myristate, Cyclomethicone, Extract Of: Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera), Phyllanthus Emblica (Amla), Lawsonia Inermis (Henna), Trigonella Foenum-Graecum (Methi), Cassia Angustifolia (Sonamakki), Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Oil, Calendula Officinalis (Marigold) Oil, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Oil, Tocopheral (Vitamin E), Ethylhexyl (Octyl) Methoxycinnamate, BHT, Cl 26100.

Length
    21"/39"/44"
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Catladyintown View Post
    Here is the link to Jabakusum Taila if anyone is interested.
    http://www.theindianfoodstore.com/he...oil-200ml.html
    Hesh Product.
    Ingredients: Vegetable Oil, Paraffinum Liquidum (Mineral Oil), Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Hibiscus Rosa Sinensis (Jasund / Jaba / Hibiscus) Extract, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Oil, Parfum, Olea Europaea (Olive) Oil, Isopropyl Myristate, Cyclomethicone, Extract Of: Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera), Phyllanthus Emblica (Amla), Lawsonia Inermis (Henna), Trigonella Foenum-Graecum (Methi), Cassia Angustifolia (Sonamakki), Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Oil, Calendula Officinalis (Marigold) Oil, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Oil, Tocopheral (Vitamin E), Ethylhexyl (Octyl) Methoxycinnamate, BHT, Cl 26100.
    Urgh. Why Hesh always ruin their own products?

Soft hair that is nice to sit on - now I'm bragging!

Account Closed by Member Request
    In the Realm of Innovative Hair Care Methods

There is also this one, which has the exact same ingredients. Ah just a different name, same oil.
    "Ancient Formulae Jabakusum Hibiscus Enriched Herbal Hair Oil
    Ingredients: Vegetable Oil, Paraffinum Liquidum (Mineral Oil), Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Hibiscus Rosa Sinensis (Jasund / Jaba / Hibiscus) Extract, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Oil, Parfum, Olea Europaea (Olive) Oil, Isopropyl Myristate, Cyclomethicone, Extract Of: Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera), Phyllanthus Emblica (Amla), Lawsonia Inermis (Henna), Trigonella Foenum-Graecum (Methi), Cassia Angustifolia (Sonamakki), Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Oil, Calendula Officinalis (Marigold) Oil, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Oil, Tocopheral (Vitamin E), Ethylhexyl (Octyl) Methoxycinnamate, BHT, Cl 26100."
    http://newlynatural.com/blog/2009/02/cassia-obavata/
    Last edited by ktani; September 26th, 2010 at 02:34 PM.

Banned
    Length
    Chin/SL/BSL
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/ii

I used it once.My hair felt amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by mali View Post
    I used it once.My hair felt amazing!
    There is nothing wrong with it containing mineral oil (it is part of the blend) and you and banglaminerva liked it. That is what counts.

ETA: banglaminerva you obviously had no problems with it if you used it regularly and are now back to it. Great!
    Last edited by ktani; September 26th, 2010 at 03:02 PM. Reason: ETA

Length
    3 in./BSL/TLB
    Type
    3a/3b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by ktani View Post
    There is nothing wrong with it containing mineral oil (it is part of the blend) and you and banglaminerva liked it. That is what counts.

ETA: banglaminerva you obviously had no problems with it if you used it regularly and are now back to it. Great!

Agree with the bolded.

My hair seems to like Parachute Coconut Oil(which is my favorite coconut oil) and the Dabur Amla Oil which contains mineral oil. When I need something to make my hair feel soft and silky I reach for the Dabur Amla.

I don't think what have been advertised on multiple hair boards as being evil(cones, sulfates, mineral oil, etc.) are evil. What matters most is how you take care of your hair and what your hair likes.

Quote Originally Posted by virgo75 View Post
    Agree with the bolded.

My hair seems to like Parachute Coconut Oil(which is my favorite coconut oil) and the Dabur Amla Oil which contains mineral oil. When I need something to make my hair feel soft and silky I reach for the Dabur Amla.

I don't think what have been advertised on multiple hair boards as being evil(cones, sulfates, mineral oil, etc.) are evil. What matters most is how you take care of your hair and what your hair likes.
    Beautifully said! You did scare me for a second or two with the size of that type, lol. It is not hair boards that are the problem with these myths. They are promoted by marketers of "natural products" to sell more of their products. They are the truly evil ones.

I have lost count of reports on these boards of people having problems with cone-free, sulfate-free, silicone-free, mineral oil -free, paraben-free products.

Drying oils that leave a tough film on the hair when exposed to oxygen can be more problematic to remove than silicone or mineral oil.

Length
    3 in./BSL/TLB
    Type
    3a/3b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by ktani View Post
    Beautifully said! You did scare me for a second or two with the size of that type, lol. It is not hair boards that are the problem with these myths. They are promoted by marketers of "natural products" to sell more of their products. They are the truly evil ones.

I have lost count of reports on these boards of people having problems with cone-free, sulfate-free, silicone-free, mineral oil -free, paraben-free products.

Drying oils that leave a tough film on the hair when exposed to oxygen can be more problematic to remove than silicone or mineral oil.
    Oops, sorry to scare you with the size.
    I just wanted to point out what you said. I'm kind of tired of seeing people join various hairboards(not just this one), their hair is BSL-WL and healthy but they change all of their products over hoping for a miracle and they end up with dry hair, buildup, and/or breakage.

I didn't know it was the marketers who started it because I never heard or saw anything about those ingredients being problematic until I started frequenting hair boards on the internet.

Agree with the drying oils being more problematic to remove. I never had to clarify my hair mutliple times in a row and continue to shampoo and condition to get rid of buildup for days on end until I used walnut oil and hemp oil products. : Natural, cone, mineral oil, and paraben free, but a total nightmare for me.
    Last edited by virgo75; September 26th, 2010 at 06:25 PM.