Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My hair and I are having a disagreement...

Length
    sl/mbl/tb
    Type
    2b/2c/F/i/ii

Default My hair and I are having a disagreement...

I'm just having a bit of a rant...sorry in advance.

My hair and I just aren't getting along. I want to braid it, it slips out. I put it in a messy bun and it somehow tries to escape into a ponytail. I wash it, it decides that pasta sauce would be better (I have no idea how that happened!).

Plus, my hair doesn't seem to be growing. Okay, okay, I know I see it on a daily basis. Hopefully October's progress pic will show some progress since June. I'll post it up when I take it in about 11 days.

Thats it, sorry for the rant/negative thoughts, just feeling a bit down on the hair...I actually feel a bit better now.
    -ladycaladium

so far from tailbone!

Length
    15/36/45?
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/ii/iii

Default Re: My hair and I are having a disagreement...

Ready??? Breathe!! lol! I would take it as a sign your hair is healthy!! It looks shiny and your curls have no frizz! (How does THAT happen??)

I always found the cool weather stimulated my scalp (I guess) and I would get more growth during the fall months. So you should start to see something soon!

What helps me get through the "no growth" stages is I give myself a holiday goal. I tell myself - the next holiday is Christmas, so what hairstyle will I be able to do then? I do that for Easter, 4th of July, Halloween and Christmas. It helps me anyway!

Length
    apl/thigh/thigh
    Type
    1a/1b/M/C/ii/iii

I get that with my hair almost every day. So frustrating, I want to do a certain bun with a particular hairstick and nope! It pulls at my scalp and falls right out. And then I leave it down but no! it tangles and gets everywhere.

Just try to put it up and out of your way, the less you see it the faster it will grow.
    Almost there!

Length
    17"/23"/30"
    Type
    2c/F/ii

I know the feeling. My hair has been all kinds of cranky lately! I wonder if its because of the changing season?

I think your just at an impasse.
    Which will probably happen a couple of times while you work towards your goal.

Try not to get frustrated and do distract yourself. Maybe by doing something nice for yourself?
    A new hair toy or get a manicure?

It will happen! Just stay on track!
    Missing person advocates and crime discussion
    http://www.justicequest.net/forums

Length
    28/42.5/???
    Type
    1b/1c/F/i

Congrats, your hair seems to be very healthy, shiny and slippery!
    It can get on your nerves every now and then, I know. Wash days are worst (for me, that is).
    You'll be able to work with it a bit better once your hair gets longer (and I don't believe you it doesn't grow until I see comparison pics ).

Hope you have better hair days soon!
    ...procrastinating the new signature...

Length
    23 in/29 in/34 in
    Type
    2b/2c/M/iii

I personally find the Shoulder Length to BSL stage quite difficult - particularly when you have decided that you want Tailbone length hair. I went through a stage where all I could think about was how much better everything would be when it was long etc...

The good news is that you have decided to grow which means that you won't be having those hairdressing appointments every 6 months that take you right back to where you started (I did this for YEARS!!!). Every day is a step closer to your goal.

Since your goal is so far away it might be better to make the smaller goals more predominant in your mind. If APL is the next step, focus on that and when you achieve it, mark it with some kind of hair reward.

I have personally found that now that my hair is past BSL it is actually starting to look and feel long as opposed to how it looked pre-BSL.

My SIL has slippery hair and asked me to do her hair for her wedding. I had never dealt with hair quite like this as my hair is quite textured and coarse. Would putting it up wet help?

If you can spend less time focusing on the long term goal, you might start to like the smaller ones knowing that each month your hair is getting longer (even though sometimes it doesn't seem like it) and that it is growing to be healthy long hair.

Length
    34/41/?
    Type
    1a/F/M/i/ii

It's okay. I think most of us have days like that. I know I certainly do!
    Last edited by Locksmith; September 22nd, 2010 at 07:49 AM. Reason: coding error
    1a, F/M, low ii. Start length: 34 in; Goal: Classic (46 in)?
    Cassia swamp monster!

and PrinceVesuvius (Cat) PrincessBob's Avatar
    Length
    21"/70.5"/69"
    Type
    1c/M/iii

My hair splays every direction from each plait after braiding and spits out bobby pins like watermelon seeds. It won't go into a french twist, and hates to perform in a bun that it did fine with the day before. Sometimes you have to agree to disagree and re-do your hair a few times to get what it will let you do that day.
    The Cereduin ♫Melody Maker♪ and Bard
    in the Order of the Long Haired Knights and
    CrochetWizard
    Credit Avatar:LemonJolly 2015 / Credit Siggy: Snuggles, September 2015

Length
    19/30/36
    Type
    1a/F/ii

I tend to go through periods like that, when I can't do even the simplest braid or updo, every few months as it grows. I think it's all part of the process.

Think of this way. Your hair is seemingly misbehaving because it's grown to a new stage that you're not adept at handling yet.

This means that your hair is growing!!! I know that it's frustrating, but I think you'll find that your hair will be more co-operative in a week or two.

It will all be okay.