View Poll Results: If you have an oily/greasy scalp, do you also have problems with an oily face?

Voters
121. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I both my scalpe and face are oily

64 52.89%
  • My scalp is oily, but not my face

24 19.83%
  • My face is oily, but not my scalp

17 14.05%
  • I have no oily problems because I rub cheese all over!

16 13.22%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Oily Scalp and Oily Face

Length
    1/4/short/n/a
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii/iii

Question Oily Scalp and Oily Face

I've been thinking about this for a couple of days. I'm fairly certain that I just naturally produce a lot of oil. Shampoo or not. Facial cleanser or not.

What I was thinking about was how it is said that shampoo strips the scalp and so it over-produces oil. I don't think that's my problem. Not only because I don't shampoo but once a week. But also because I only use water on my face and it produces a lot of oil all on it's own.

So, really, I was just wondering if any of you that have oily scalps also have oily faces. Purely out of curiousity.

Length
    Chin/BSL+/TBL
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

I need (NEED) to wash my hair every other day because it gets soo oily. However, I have extremely dry skin every where else (face, arms, legs, etc). Funny, eh?

Length
    >BSL/waist/TB
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii/iii

I have pretty oily skin on my face, but scalp isn't really oily. I only wash my hair once every week or two weeks.
    Where o where is my black & white Lotus... have I sold it? Have I lost it? I honestly can't remember!!

Length
    3 in./BSL/TLB
    Type
    3a/3b/F/ii

I voted for "both."

I didn't realize just how oily my scalp was until I tried CO washing for about 1&1/2 - 2 years. I stopped over a year ago because I was losing hair in clumps and my scalp was constantly itchy and had gunk on it no matter how much I scrubbed, used brown sugar, or did ACV rinses.

Then I realized the skin on my scalp is still skin, just like on my face and the rest of my body. I couldn't see skipping taking a shower, skipping washing my face for days on end, or using lotion to wash my face/body(equivalent to CO washing). I've tried and the skin on my body and face responded horribly(dry scales because dead skin & sebum weren't removed, pimples on my face, etc.).

So now I shampoo almost every day and skip a day here and there to just do a CO wash in which I keep the conditioner away from my scalp and just rinse and apply conditioner to the length. My hair and scalp seem happier. I'm no longer losing clumps of hair. I don't have a gunky, itchy scalp, and my hair doesn't feel dry or weighed down.

Length
    16"/BSL/TBL
    Type
    1a/F/i/ii

I voted both. My face turns into an oil slick about 30 mins after I wash it. Oily skin runs in the family, but as my grandmother pointed out, we don't wrinkle as much as other people. I vote it's because of the extra oil (I may be delusional, but it makes me feel better). My scalp isn't as oily as my face, but it is definitely oily. When I was using chemical dyes I could go 2 days before the roots looked greasy, now I have to wash my hair everyday.

Length
    26-31/Chin/Waist
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Not very oily scalp, and I assume my face isn't oily, but I don't really have much to compare it with. (Neither area is dry, but neither area needs to be washed often. And both areas still have their 'issues' regardless of how often I wash.) so for me their is a correlation (even if it's not oily/oily)
    (Student) trapeze artist, acrobat, contortionist and more. Check out me and my partner here!

Length
    32/46/dunno
    Type
    1a/M/iii

My mom and her side of the family have skin that's a bit oilier than normal. I inherited that so I have to wash my hair every other day and such. It's oily on both my skin and my scalp.

There are upsides and downsides to everything. Downsides are I HAVE to wash or at least rinse my hair out every other day and I've found that only lightweight, mineral powder works on my face to keep it from getting oily at the end of the day. Upsides- as Jeni said, we all look younger for longer, my hair is never too dry or static-like, I don't get split ends and I never get dandruff or dry, itchy, flaky or cracked skin anywhere.

Length
    Dunno/Clsc/Term.
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/ii/iii

I have an oily face and dry everything else, including my scalp.

No day but today.

Length
    17"/20"/24"
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

My face has always been really oily and so has my scalp hair. I'm about the only person I know who uses pressed powder.

Although my hair isn't so bad nowadays, the hair at the front of my head gets very oily from my face, I believe.

On the up side, I was told as a teen to be thankful for oily skin because it will get fewer wrinkles later in life. So far that seems to have been true! lol
    Lady Myst of the Evanescent Veils OLHK
    Before/after lemon rinse pics

Length
    16"/BSL/TBL
    Type
    1a/F/i/ii

Ok, glad to know I'm not the only one thinking there may be an upside to oily faces! It's funny though, as oily as my face and scalp are, the rest of my skin is bone dry.