View Poll Results: If you have an oily/greasy scalp, do you also have problems with an oily face?

Voters
121. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I both my scalpe and face are oily

64 52.89%
  • My scalp is oily, but not my face

24 19.83%
  • My face is oily, but not my scalp

17 14.05%
  • I have no oily problems because I rub cheese all over!

16 13.22%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Oily Scalp and Oily Face

Type
    2a/F/ii

I'm a greaseball all over. Face is oily, scalp is oily, and even the rest of my body gets a little bit oily after a while. I must shower every day or my arms, chest, and back get oily. Yuck.
    The voices may not be real, but they have some pretty good ideas.
    Another Girl's Paradise

Type
    1a/1b/F/M/i/ii

Both my scalp and face is really oily Washing my hair everyday know beacuse of that. My face is quite ok if I use a mattifying moisturiser and some powder over my foundation.
    The skin on my hands, legs and feet are really dry :S Strange

Both!
    besides having less wrinkles i heard that oily scalp means that the hair grows faster than others !!

Length
    25/38.4/50
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii/iii

I have quite oily hair (it gets gross greasy after 4 days, so I consider it as oily).

The skin on my face is actually pretty dry, but produces a lot of oil, so I didn't exactly know what to choose. It also sounds strange, but it is like... the skin almost hurts because it is so dry, and at the same time there are loads of oil on top...

Length
    20.5/28/??

Both,

And my skin becomes oily a lot faster when my hair is oily too. If my hair is just washed, my skin will not get oily that fast.

And the more oily my hair is, the more blackheads I have on my skin.

Length
    12"/42"/36"
    Type
    1c/2a/M/C/iii

i too am a bit of a greaseball - when it comes to my head. My scalp gets really oily and so does my face. I do not have blackheads though, which is kind of weird i guess.

Type
    2b/M/ii/iii

Default Re: Oily Scalp and Oily Face

My scalp is oily, but not my face.
    My scalp is kind of oily, I wash my hair every 3 days, so maybe it's normal. I have dandruff, too. Dry type.
    My face was oily when I was a teenager and had acne. Now it's dry, or normal, leaning towards dry.

Type
    2c/3a/M/C/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Jeni View Post
    I voted both. My face turns into an oil slick about 30 mins after I wash it. Oily skin runs in the family, but as my grandmother pointed out, we don't wrinkle as much as other people. I vote it's because of the extra oil (I may be delusional, but it makes me feel better). My scalp isn't as oily as my face, but it is definitely oily. When I was using chemical dyes I could go 2 days before the roots looked greasy, now I have to wash my hair everyday.
    I have an oily face too, & wash my face multiple times a day(water-only for many, many years - just a wet washcloth) & like u, I don't really have wrinkles. People think I'm much younger than I am, they're usually pretty shocked by my age. I had one woman say I looked about 16 (I'm almost 44) and most people think 20's or early 30's. I've wondered if it's from all the oil, or maybe that I'm rarely in the sun. I like night-time & rainy/cloudy days. The sun bothers me.

My scalp takes a few days to get oily now that I CO wash. So I guess that's not considered oily? It was oily when I was a teenager, but I think I shampooed every day back then, which I'm sure encouraged the oil.

Type
    2a/F/M/ii

I have very oily scalp and face. I only shampoo about twice a week and have been for many months, but my hair is just as oily as ever. I HATE it. I wash usually at night, but by morning, my scalp hair is oily again. So I have to keep hair up all the time. I have tried all different methods and nothing seems to help. Its a constant thorn in my side. :
    Working on longer, healthier hair!

Length
    26/54/56
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

My scalp is oily. My face crosses the whole spectrum. My nose is extremely oily. I have to wash my nose 3 times a day just so my glasses don't slide around too much. My cheeks are the tiniest bit dry. The skin between my eyebrows is excessively dry and flakes pretty badly if I don't moisturize regularly. My chin seems to bounce between oily and dry.

I'm glad I don't wear makeup, since I can't imagine the nightmare of finding something that would work for my whole face.
    Starting Length: APL (Nov 2009)
    Max Length: Knee (56")
    Current Length: Classic (46")