Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: don't know what to do next :(

Length
    16"?/29"/40"
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

Default Re: don't know what to do next :(

I'd also recommend an occasional SMT for added moisture. I agree, no need to cut off a lot all at once. Small trims along the way will help a lot.

I am not here to decorate your world

Account Closed by Member Request
    In the Realm of Innovative Hair Care Methods

Quote Originally Posted by Carolyn View Post
    I'd also recommend an occasional SMT for added moisture. I agree, no need to cut off a lot all at once. Small trims along the way will help a lot.
    SMT's are great. One just needs to watch out for honey residue. The same warning applies to honey lightening recipes without aloe vera gel or conditioner. Honey residue can make the hair appear dry and the ends stiff. Shampoo and a lot of rinsing will remove it best, from reports. It is not a permanent problem if it occurs and not all honeys leave such a residue.
    Last edited by ktani; September 20th, 2010 at 06:54 AM. Reason: spelling

If you don't think you look good with short hair I would not cut it. I would just braid it until it grows out and get trims until you are at your desired length.

Type
    2a/2b/M/C/ii

wow, ktani! you are good with google! thanks!

but I don't see Lively Blond here. I see only Anti-Itch, Colour & Shine, Fresh for Longer, Respect and Balance shampoos. Which one could be the best for me?

Lively blond is only conditioner (I think it's lively blond, but it's translated, so I don't know for sure).

Account Closed by Member Request
    In the Realm of Innovative Hair Care Methods

Quote Originally Posted by trinc View Post
    wow, ktani! you are good with google! thanks!

but I don't see Lively Blond here. I see only Anti-Itch, Colour & Shine, Fresh for Longer, Respect and Balance shampoos. Which one could be the best for me?

Lively blond is only conditioner (I think it's lively blond, but it's translated, so I don't know for sure).
    I keep the Unilever links in my favorites to keep track of Lively Blonde Shampoo, lol. I am concerned that it will be discontinued.

Yes, I saw that the shampoo was not listed either. I do not know why the conditioner is listed. It may just be that that website is not updated. If the conditioner is available, the shampoo should be, theorectically.

If there is no charge to do so, you can phone around to different stores before hunting on foot (I prefer to do that myself to see if something is in stock, saving me a wasted trip). Also, a store may be agreeable to ordering a specific shampoo for you. It never hurts to ask. All they can do is say no.

If you open the link to the Lively Blonde Shampoo ingredients, and then go through the other shampoos in another window, you should see similarities in formulations.

I am sensitive to hexyl cinnamal, which is not in Lively Blonde Shampoo, while it is in others. So it is not simply a matter of recommendation. I do not know what you may be sensitive to or not.

Type
    2b/M/ii/iii

Maybe your scalp produces so much sebum because it knows that your damaged hair needs it? It's hard to explain it to your scalp that you can help your hair by your own, without it's help...
    I recommend CWC. Really. I had dry hair, and a little bit damaged too (blowdrying, flat ironing, brushing when wet) and with CWC I am in hair heaven. The trick is to wash only the scalp and to left the second conditioner (moisturising one, for best results, I use Garnier Natural Care Avocado and Shea butter, cone free) for more that 30 minutes, under a shower cap and a towel/winter hat. I know it doesn't sound fantastic but I achieve extraordinary results.

And coconut oil is a magical thing too. I know you used olive oil. It's too heavy for some people. Personally I do overnight treatments before every washing and then putting the first "C" on my length is enough to wash it off. No shampoo on the length of my hair.

It takes time. I used to expect stunning effects after one use of something too. It took half year to make my dry hair moisturised and healthy so... be patient. It's hard, I know, but in the meantime taking care of your hair is a real fun. The smells of conditioners... Wear your hair up as much as you can to protect it from physical damage and when you are doing hair care sessions- have fun with it. Light some candles in the bathroom, use conditioners that smell nice... Waiting for healthy hair is much more fun this way!

Length
    Chin/APL/Waist
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

you probably don't want to hear this, but cut it off. If it's that damaged, almost nothing is gonna fix it. I had midback long, very damaged hair, and i cut it off to my chin. Then I started to take better care of it and it looks so much better now.

Either cut it all in one go, or trim every month according to your growth rate while wearing it up or braiding it every day. You can learn lots of beautiful protective styles and enjoy hair toys and other fun things. Meanwhile, moisturize, SMT, and be gentle with it. If you do choose to chop, the growing out process can still be fun if you make it so.

Type
    2a/2b/M/C/ii

Quote Originally Posted by ktani View Post
    I keep the Unilever links in my favorites to keep track of Lively Blonde Shampoo, lol. I am concerned that it will be discontinued.

Yes, I saw that the shampoo was not listed either. I do not know why the conditioner is listed. It may just be that that website is not updated. If the conditioner is available, the shampoo should be, theorectically.

If there is no charge to do so, you can phone around to different stores before hunting on foot (I prefer to do that myself to see if something is in stock, saving me a wasted trip). Also, a store may be agreeable to ordering a specific shampoo for you. It never hurts to ask. All they can do is say no.

If you open the link to the Lively Blonde Shampoo ingredients, and then go through the other shampoos in another window, you should see similarities in formulations.

I am sensitive to hexyl cinnamal, which is not in Lively Blonde Shampoo, while it is in others. So it is not simply a matter of recommendation. I do not know what you may be sensitive to or not.
    I searched our pharmacies product catalogues online and didn't find it. so I wrote to Unilever It's gotta be on sale here somewhere

Type
    2a/2b/M/C/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Henrietta View Post
    Maybe your scalp produces so much sebum because it knows that your damaged hair needs it? It's hard to explain it to your scalp that you can help your hair by your own, without it's help...
    I recommend CWC. Really. I had dry hair, and a little bit damaged too (blowdrying, flat ironing, brushing when wet) and with CWC I am in hair heaven. The trick is to wash only the scalp and to left the second conditioner (moisturising one, for best results, I use Garnier Natural Care Avocado and Shea butter, cone free) for more that 30 minutes, under a shower cap and a towel/winter hat. I know it doesn't sound fantastic but I achieve extraordinary results.

And coconut oil is a magical thing too. I know you used olive oil. It's too heavy for some people. Personally I do overnight treatments before every washing and then putting the first "C" on my length is enough to wash it off. No shampoo on the length of my hair.

It takes time. I used to expect stunning effects after one use of something too. It took half year to make my dry hair moisturised and healthy so... be patient. It's hard, I know, but in the meantime taking care of your hair is a real fun. The smells of conditioners... Wear your hair up as much as you can to protect it from physical damage and when you are doing hair care sessions- have fun with it. Light some candles in the bathroom, use conditioners that smell nice... Waiting for healthy hair is much more fun this way!
    thanks - I will consider CWC. is the trick here that second C should be conefree? or both of them? I found out that the C you mentioned is on sale here, too, so I can try it

thanks for all the feminine advice on how to make it all more enjoyable candles and all - I think I really need to cut the stress and make the journey more enjoyable!

I will consider coconut oil, too, but I will not use big amounts, because I'm afraid of making my hair too heavy. and as ktani suggested, best to leave it alone for a while, and not do too much!