Thread: One year anniversary (no pics)

Length
    SL/APL/Hip
    Type
    1c/2a/M/C/ii/iii

Default One year anniversary (no pics)

The 4th of october was my one year anniversary. I started growing my hair in august 09, but I didn't actually join until october. My hair was so damaged from several bleachings. Anyway when I came here, my hair was shoulderlength ( oct. 09 ). It grew to almost APL by december, which was when I cut it to shoulderlength and henna'ed for the first time. Then I didn't trim until june, when I cut it to collarbone length- ish. Then in july I realised that it was now only the outer layers that were damaged, so I got my mom to layer my hair (which she is good at by the way, and she is the only one I trust with a pair of scissors ) My hair grew an insane amount of inches over the summer months, and now it is brushing on BSL ( I just checked in my bathroom mirror literally 5 minutes ago, and I am so happy!)

Anyway, when I came here my hair was sometimes strawlike and other times it felt like chewing gum. It was awful, and it looked really bad. Then it gradually got better and better. Now it feels so nice and soft and not like gum or straw at all.

I came here not because I was completely unaware of how not to damage my hair, but I knew that I needed extra help. Help with extra precautions you can take, other that not bleaching or brushing when wet and so on. I cannot explain how thankful I am of all you guys here on LHC. Some days I just felt like crying because my hair was in such bad shape and it felt like it was going to be like that forever.

So I just want to say thank you and that I did my last trim in august, and I don't plan on trimming for a long time now Thank you for all you great advice!

Length
    20.5"/25"/32"
    Type
    1b/1c/M/i/ii

Default Re: One year anniversary (no pics)

That story is wonderful I'm so glad to hear you've experienced such an improvement and you're happy with your long, healthy hair. It's inspiring to read such a story.. now I can't wait to grow mine longer .
    20" 21" 22" 23" 24" 25"26" 27" 28" 29"

Length
    SL/APL/Hip
    Type
    1c/2a/M/C/ii/iii

It's definitely comforting to know that there are others who have experienced the same things. I will try and get some pictures, and maybe change my profile picture, but I'm pretty busy with school right now

Length
    22"/BSL/Waist
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Congratulations on such terrific growth and improvement! Yay!!!

Length
    Buzz/hip/class
    Type
    3a/3b/M/ii/iii

What an inspiring story, you certainly turned your hair into a shining glory. Would love to see some photos x
    Buzz October 2015 to get rid of bendigo and lots of other damage, now Al natural and loving it....where will my journey end? I will tell you when I get there. Lifelong Co washer and LOC method currentl approaching curly hip

Length
    15/32.5/40
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Sounds like you've taken many steps to 'healthify' your hair! That's great!!
    From chin in March 2012 to APL in March 2013 and on to BSL in the future...

Length
    17/45"/??
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

Thank you for sharing your journey. I'm also very thankful to all the generous folks here who freely share their experience and knowledge. Keep up the good work!

Length
    SL/Knee+/Knee+
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

Congrats

Length
    1/BSL/clssc

Yay! That brightened my evening. While growing out a bad cut is easier than growing out damage, I'm frustrated and hoping I'll have some lovely growth too... =)

Length
    ?/50/50
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/iii

Congrats! That's a lot of growth!
    http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=4250&attachmentid=1969