Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Humidity...good or evil

Length
    11''/30''/35''
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/ii

Default Humidity...good or evil

From my observations, humidity is the bane of the straight-haired mane, but is the savior for curly-headed people. When I let my hair go natural, the more humidity the better the curl. When I want a straighter look, humidity decides to get revenge and make it frizz like crazy. Are my observations right?
    Lady Aibell of the Nightsong Spell in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

Length
    23/39/40
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/ii

Default Re: Humidity...good or evil

Um. No.

I don't know about other curlies, but my hair frizzes in humidity. The more humid, the more disheveled my curls look. Bad. Very very bad.
    "But the back seat of the drive-in is so lonely without you"

Easily Enabled
    Length
    24"/~40"/~40"
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii/iii

Swings and roundabouts really. In high humidity I get frizz and I can't go as long between washes. In low humidity, I can go longer between washes, but I gather static electricity no end.

Length
    ?/Hip/?

I guess I am a wavy head. The hair could be straight or spiraly any given day. My hair is fine being in humidity all day, or dry all day. Going into the dry AC building, then out to the humid world 20 times a day is frizz bomb time.
    ... Shed time, its not just for drummers ....

Type
    2a/2b/F/iii

I think it depends on the person. We had a LOT of 100% humidity days here (and most of those it never even rained! grr.) and I'd say... roughly half of those, my hair was perfect. It cooperated, it was lovely, blah blah blah... the other half, it was the bane of my existence and at least five times (so my boyfriend tells me), I threw a hissy fit the likes of which has never been seen because the snarls were so bad.

I want to say maybe in my case it was the weather... if it rained the day before, it seems those were the days that my hair was nice. I'm not sure why though. I'll have to remember to keep an eye on this next summer to see if it was just my imagination this year (lol)

I have wavy (but mostly pulled straight) hair, by the way.

Type
    1b/M/ii

Too much humidity makes my hair look oily faster. Normal (?) humidity makes my hair static.

I've seen curly girls with both lovely hair and lots of frizz. Might be their hair type, or their routine. I don't know

Account Closed by Member Request
    In the Realm of Innovative Hair Care Methods

I love most humidity for my hair. My hair frizzes rarely and just looks fuller and thicker in most humid conditions and my wave pattern increases. I am waiting just a bit longer to try this, http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...ad.php?t=53745, and it would be better if the weather co-operated, lol.

Length
    20/20/30
    Type
    1a/1b/M/C/iii

My hair is just frizzy no mater what, but it does poof up and get really huge when it's very humid out. With low humidity, I become a human tazer, and my hair REALLY loves to poof with static electricity. LOL, my hair just loves to poof!

Account Closed by Member Request

The higher the humidity = the better the curl. Bigger and bouncier.

Length
    bald/waist/term?
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/i/ii

It is good for my hair in general but bad for my canopy. All the short ends start thinking they are very curly and I look like a demented poodle. The length however behaves wonderfully. I usually end up wearing a bandanna to hide the top when it is really humid.