Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Castor Oil

Length
    TBL/BSL+/CL
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii/iii

Default Re: Castor Oil

Quote Originally Posted by bumblebums View Post
    Actually, this is not how castor oil works as a laxative. It is a stimulant laxative, meaning it causes the intestines to contract, not relax.

[ETA: also, castor oil is IN mascara. If it were dangerous for your eyes, the cosmetics companies would never put it in a product, would they? ]
    Well noone ever puts mascara in their eye right?
    I read somewhere that it's also a relaxer for the sphincter muscles,but I could be wrong.Either way,contraction won't be the healthiest thing either in your eye,imagine having a spasm in your eye muscles.Even though I used it alot myself,I just dont think it's worth trying.
    The only thing that made my lashes grow was using a good mascara that protects them and not use it too often,eating good and biotin supplements have much better shot than castor oil.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleopatra18 View Post
    Well noone ever puts mascara in their eye right?
    I read somewhere that it's also a relaxer for the sphincter muscles,but I could be wrong.Either way,contraction won't be the healthiest thing either in your eye,imagine having a spasm in your eye muscles.Even though I used it alot myself,I just dont think it's worth trying.
    The only thing that made my lashes grow was using a good mascara that protects them and not use it too often,eating good and biotin supplements have much better shot than castor oil.
    To each her own.

If you want a homemade eyemakeup remover...just use conditioner. It's probably the most gentle and effective I've ever used. It's like co-washing your skin, because it removes the dirt and makeup without stripping it or making it super oily.

Quote Originally Posted by Idun View Post
    I am lookng for a recipe for a home made eye make-up remover. Since a lot of them has castor oil I was considering this ingredient. If castor oil will also make my eyelashes grow - all the better! Somehow I doubt it will happen though.

Type
    1b/1c/F/iii

I have a friend who lost ALL the hair on an orange sized space on the back of her crown. She rubbed Eqyss Mega Tek into the spot everyday, and her hair grew back (saw it with my own eyes, bald and hairy!)
    http://www.eqyss.com/pet_mega_tek2.asp
    You can pick it up at most tack stores, I'm pretty sure Dover carries it, there is a store in Hockessin, not sure how close it is to Newark.
    http://www.doversaddlery.com/article.asp?ai=351

It leaks into the eye and there are side effects. Not everyone experiences problems, but its a risk you shouldn't take.

Tiny Opera Singer SlightlySoprano's Avatar
    Length
    SL/~APL/Waist
    Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

So here we go

I bought castor oil, almond oil, and coconut oil today at my local asian grocery and I'm excited!!!

Any pointers?
    Chin--Shoulder--APL--BSL-- MBL-- Waist
    2c/3a-F-i/ii

Length
    25/26.5/term?
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/ii

Post Re: Castor Oil

I add a spoonful of castor oil to my henna treatment every two weeks or so and I never had an issue of too much oil on my hair or scalp. But my hair is very dry by nature so this works for me. As for scalp problems henna fixed all of them for me