Well, by my "estimations" it should take me around a year to reach between waist & hip to get to tailbone length.
That is without any trims whatsoever though.

I haven't trimmed since November '07 and that probably doesn't sound like a long time to some of the die hard no-trimmers, but to me, it's seemed like an eternity.
I've always trimmed at least twice a year, so this is a whole new experience for me.

I decided that I wanted to go a bit past tailbone before my next trim because I'm thinking of stalling there for a year to thicken up my hemline a bit.
The only thing that I've noticed growing to tailbone, has more to do with my no-trimming, than anything else, is that my ends have begun to get velcroey (I don't think that's even a word, but oh well) here lately.

Oh and another thing I've noticed at this length, is that I've started having to swing my hair forward when sitting on the toilet, before I didn't have that worry but now, well.............um, without getting too detailed, I've had to start worrying about it.

I also think around tailbone length most people have to start thinking of other styles to do with their hair.
I know for me that lately my go-to every day style of a modified cinnamon bun has started to give me troubles.
It takes me 3 or 4 tries to get it up smooth and sturdy, as before I could just literally just throw it up in a couple seconds and be out the door.

You will be suprised at how quickly you get to tailbone though, once you get a bit past waist.

Michelle