Page 1373 of 1373 FirstFirst ... 373873127313231363137113721373
Results 13,721 to 13,725 of 13725

Thread: Waist | Hip | BCL | Tailbone

Length
    Buzz/Buzz/Calf+

Default Re: Waist | Hip | BCL | Tailbone

Quote Originally Posted by Vara La Fey View Post
    My seasonal progress "report". If I didn't call HL before, I'm def calling it now.

It's not actually shorter in the middle, it's just laying funny. I want to hit BCL then do reshaping maintenance trims to end up with a soft sexy U shape.

I haven't noticed a Hair Sister around here. I hoped that would be a thing. I'm 1c2a, though looks more 1b as it gets longer. Coarse, dry, fragile, 37.5".

[IMG][/IMG]
    I always enjoy the color of your hair
    No Trimming No Dye
    CBL>>>>>APL>>>>>TBL>>>>LCL
    Currently Buzzed

Length
    22/37.5/40
    Type
    1c/2a/C/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Nefcerka View Post
    I cut my hair this way: ponytailed it at the nape, combed thoroughly, then tied another soft elastic lower on the ponytail, slid it down, combed again, brought the ponytail over my shoulder and cut straight. After that first cut I took off the elastics, combed my hair and the hemline was a little bit crooked, so I combed and put both elastics back - and the longer hairs were instantly visible at the end of the ponytail, so I just snipped them off and then it was even.

I love the color of your hair, Vara La Fey, itīs very distinctive on this forum and I always like seeing your pictures. I think BCL will look awesome on you.
    Thanks for explaining. I didn't know DIY trims were possible via pony-tailing. I'm skittish though, because the first time I tried my now-normal "center-part to the nape, comb forward and cut" method, I gave myself this severe V that I still have.

Lots of people seem to like my color. It's a mix of natural gray, very light blonde dye, and adjusting photo levels in an app so I can clearly see blouse prints and belt loops as background progress markers. I didn't use my normal floral blouse last time because my hair is now past the print pattern. YAY that! I keep thinking of re-adding some golden to my color, but a lotta the beach models I use as Hair Insp have that gray thing which is kinda in style the last few years. So I can be gray without seeming as old in comparison to those horrible evil beach models who obviously make deals with Satan just so they can look like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Nefcerka View Post
    I donīt think I will be tracking my milestones any more and posting in this thread (except to say that all you members have such beautiful hair).
    Itīs not exactly obsessive or mentally unhealthy for me (yet... but getting there), but I donīt want to focus so much on attaining milestones any more.
    LHC will def make one obsess. But haven't you been through the super long hair growth a couple times? It seems to be newbies like me who obsess the worst, counting every new body marker or blouse print that our hair reaches. I wonder if the Been There Done That crowd just rolls their eyes.... "<harrumph> Kids!"

Quote Originally Posted by LongLocke View Post
    Great progress!
    Thanks. I owe it all to my coconut/avocado/olive oil masking. My hair starts badly breaking if I neglect that for only about 2 weeks, so I'll be masking for life. I always wanted loooong hair but didn't know how much care some of us need to give it. I don't plan on cutting it unless one side of it loses an argument to a candle, or something.

I'm somewhere around 34-35" right now. I feel like I've stalled a bit recently. But hopefully it's all in my head
    Regular measurements will tell you for sure. I suspect most stalls are in our heads rather than our scalps.

Quote Originally Posted by Chasemi View Post
    I understand too. Sometimes it's easier to ignore it, then it's more of a shock to see the growth.
    Agreed.

From CBL to WL is a long stretch of lonely frustrating highway (esp when you're 6'2"), but I've found that at waist, things happen faster. First it's reaching the inside of my elbows in the mirror, then it's touching my forearms when I sit, now it's wrapping around my forearms, and soon it will touch my navel and then my lap. Fortunately my goal is ~BCL-TBL, so I'll spare myself those long lonely frustrating stretches that come after CL.

Length
    Short/Waist/Term
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

Regular measurements will tell you for sure. I suspect most stalls are in our heads rather than our scalps.
    I've opted to go from regular monthly measurements to seasonal measurements for sake of my sanity. I guess I traded one neurosis for another. LOL

Length
    22/37.5/40
    Type
    1c/2a/C/ii

I've opted to go from regular monthly measurements to seasonal measurements for sake of my sanity. I guess I traded one neurosis for another. LOL
    I totally know that feeling! I do the (roughly) seasonal back shots and post them here, but also for a month longer than I've been doing that, I've been taking damp shots from the front every month or two. Strictly for my own progress charting, as they're topless for accurate body markers like moles and such. So that's two occasions I let myself get all neurotic about it. There are other times as well, but they're not scheduled. :-)

Type
    1b/F/i/ii

Thanks for explaining. I didn't know DIY trims were possible via pony-tailing. I'm skittish though, because the first time I tried my now-normal "center-part to the nape, comb forward and cut" method, I gave myself this severe V that I still have.
    Vara La Fey, you are welcome and I hope I made myself clear, because I am not good at explaining or understanding directions in English. I did not use THE Ponytail method, which involves positioning the ponytail at the back/top/front of the head and results in creating long layers. I placed the ponytail on the lowest possible point on the nape (on my neck), merely to contain the hair in one place. This method results in even, straight hemline. Like Organically Anna does in this video (the cutting starts around 2:20), except I used one more elastic to contain my hair and thus avoided a bit of "freestyling" that I feel she did there.

Anyway, I wish you good luck with self-trimming - once you get the hang of it, itīs not scary but fun!
    No length-check challenge: May 2024 - May 2025
    When it's broken, fix it. When it works, don't change it.

My Instagram