Page 2 of 1364 FirstFirst 123412521025021002 ... LastLast

Thread: Waist | Hip | BCL | Tailbone

Length
    Short/35/Long
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/ii/iii

Well, by my "estimations" it should take me around a year to reach between waist & hip to get to tailbone length.
    That is without any trims whatsoever though.

I haven't trimmed since November '07 and that probably doesn't sound like a long time to some of the die hard no-trimmers, but to me, it's seemed like an eternity.
    I've always trimmed at least twice a year, so this is a whole new experience for me.

I decided that I wanted to go a bit past tailbone before my next trim because I'm thinking of stalling there for a year to thicken up my hemline a bit.
    The only thing that I've noticed growing to tailbone, has more to do with my no-trimming, than anything else, is that my ends have begun to get velcroey (I don't think that's even a word, but oh well) here lately.

Oh and another thing I've noticed at this length, is that I've started having to swing my hair forward when sitting on the toilet, before I didn't have that worry but now, well.............um, without getting too detailed, I've had to start worrying about it.

I also think around tailbone length most people have to start thinking of other styles to do with their hair.
    I know for me that lately my go-to every day style of a modified cinnamon bun has started to give me troubles.
    It takes me 3 or 4 tries to get it up smooth and sturdy, as before I could just literally just throw it up in a couple seconds and be out the door.

You will be suprised at how quickly you get to tailbone though, once you get a bit past waist.

Michelle

Type
    1b/F/ii

I'm just above tailbone length, it's only around 3-4 centimetres left, I think. I have a long lower back and I've been trimming off damage and trying to keep a thick and even hemline, getting from waist to tailbone has taken ages. Waist was about 29.5" on me and I reached that in September 2006, tailbone is around 37".

I haven't had to do any major changes but I notice that right now I easily have ends sticking out from almost any bun I try to make. I have to learn to get those properly wrapped under and away.

Length
    17"/30"/50"
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/ii

I was about waist (30") in December 06 and I reached solid TB (37,5") in approx. March/April 08 - so about 15/16 months of growth - and I only trimmed about 2" during that period of time..
    I'm maintaining here due to see-through ends.. going to take time -_- so no classic length for me in a year as planned!

My routine HAS changed - but mostly to protect my ends..
    I used to shampoo only, then mix it with SC, and now I have to use condish on my ends.. they need the moisture and oils are not doing the jb anymore!
    I've found J/A/S/O/N aloe vera shampoo + condish at a local health food store (so excited to find them!) and I'm trying them out now - so far it's good.. It has -cones in it so I was a bit surprised.. and if it suddenly changes I'm going back to my conefree urtekram shampoo + condish..
    - "If it weren't for physics and law enforcement, I'd be unstoppable"

Length
    tailb/chin/???
    Type
    3a/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by chelles2kids View Post
    I also think around tailbone length most people have to start thinking of other styles to do with their hair.
    I know for me that lately my go-to every day style of a modified cinnamon bun has started to give me troubles.
    It takes me 3 or 4 tries to get it up smooth and sturdy, as before I could just literally just throw it up in a couple seconds and be out the door.

You will be suprised at how quickly you get to tailbone though, once you get a bit past waist.

Michelle
    Tell me about it! I've been having issues getting a regular cinnamon bun to stay put so I've been doing a braided bun pretty much every day because it's quick. I've definitely reached an in-between stage in that department, and can you believe I have yet to be able to do a figure-8? My hair is just so darned thick!
    Lady Delenn, Priestess of the Falling Stars in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    1/4/short/n/a
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii/iii

Another one checking in on this journey. I passed waist and I'm about 3-4 inches from tailbone. My hair growth has also slowed down recently... But, I'm still hoping for tailbone by the end of the year.

Blewyn Euraid
    Length
    TB/TB/Knee
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/iii

Well, I was at classic in August 07, but I had majorly bad splits and got low and hacked a lot off (more than I intended because I went back to waist! ) I didnt bother much with my hair other than being careful with it until January of this year. I just was low and didnt bother to do anything extra (one reason I have put on weight) only wash and try to be gentle. I missed hip really because I didnt realise it was a classification. I am now at tb- just past when dry and way past when wet. Approaching classic.

I dont wear it up all the time but I do try to do so quite a bit for health sake

I am also currently at waist length and it feels like my hair is growing so slowly.

Length
    Short/35/Long
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Delenn View Post
    Tell me about it! I've been having issues getting a regular cinnamon bun to stay put so I've been doing a braided bun pretty much every day because it's quick. I've definitely reached an in-between stage in that department, and can you believe I have yet to be able to do a figure-8? My hair is just so darned thick!
    Delenn, a figure-8 may not help you unfortunately. I can do them, but my hair always ends up sliding out after about 4 hours. Which of course I do them with a hair stick, maybe if I had a Ficaare it would hold longer, I dunno?

As for doing a Figure-8, if your familiar with a "bee butt bun", you wrap it up, then take the last coil and pull it up and over to form the "8" and then slide your stick through.
    An infinity works the same way, 'cept it looks like a sideways 8.
    Someone may have a tutorial here for them, but I haven't done a search since we lost the old forum.

I'm thinking maybe a log roll would be quicker and easier, I know OhioLisa has a tutorial for those on her blog, which I just found a couple days ago.
    So I think I'm going to start practicing and see if I can get it down. Maybe it will hold all day?

I hope you find something soon that works for you, especially with summer coming up.

Michelle

Type
    1a/1b/M/C/iii

I'm on my waist to TB jounrey, too. Recently I'm somewhere between waist and hip, if I measured correctly I might be there in August (I HOPE). I'm wearing my hair up more, although today was a half-up for me.

I really really hope that I'll be a TB by the end of this year.
    At true tailbone!

Length
    TLB/chin/waist
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/ii

I am a few inches past waist, I'll be at classic in about two years. So far I haven't had to change my hair care at all. I hear people do around tailbone, so maybe I just haven't hit that point yet.
    From BSL to classic to pixie to chin to ... ??? All my hair is now virgin and LHC-loved.