Page 423 of 1373 FirstFirst ... 323373413421422423424425433473523923 ... LastLast
Results 4,221 to 4,230 of 13725

Thread: Waist | Hip | BCL | Tailbone

Length
    1.5"/40/41.5
    Type
    1b/F/M/i/ii

Default Re: waist to tailbone

Quote Originally Posted by jo_jo_1uk View Post
    Hi, another newbie I just hit waist

heartgoesboom Oh your hair is beautiful <3

Welcome jo_jo_1uk; happy growing with us.
    Maintaining at Classic for awhile.
    Laydye Aurora of the Spynning Fybres in the Order of The Long Haired Knights

Length
    ??/38/42
    Type
    1b/C/iii

thanks everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Jessleigh View Post
    Heartgoesboom, you have beautiful hair. I love the color too.

So I have a question, exactly where is tailbone?
    i wish i knew! i figure i'll keep posting here until someone says congrats on reaching tail bone!

Quote Originally Posted by Crumpet View Post
    Thanks everyone! I really appreciate the encouragement right now.

Heartgoesboom -- you have textbook fairytale ends starting, which I think is beautiful. I don't think you need to worry about them. Some people cut their hair to get them, yours is doing a gentle fairytailing naturally. Love it!
    true! i guess coz i'm more of a fan of blunt ends... but i should embrace the fairytale... i would love to be a fairy tale princess, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Valkyriejae View Post
    Heartgoesboom, your ends aren't thinning at all from what I can tell - you might have some racer hairs that are growing faster, but the rest should catch up in no time
    Also, your hair is sooo shiny
    i swear it's the new shampoo and conditioner! i can't stop touching my hair, but i swear there has to be a catch with this s+c.

Length
    26/32/38
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by heartgoesboom View Post
    i wish i knew! i figure i'll keep posting here until someone says congrats on reaching tail bone!
    Haha. I guess it's different on everyone. I tried feeling for it today and I think it's about 2-3 inches below BCL on me.

Length
    26/32/38
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Double post.
    Last edited by Jessleigh; March 25th, 2014 at 10:41 PM.

Length
    A bob/Hip/Term
    Type
    2b/M/ii/iii

So as pass waist and keep going I've been able to do more buns and better versions of some of my existing ones. Downside- I've noticed that some of my forks are getting to small! I've never outgrown a hair toy yet. While exciting, the idea of not using them or swapping them is kind of a bummer.
    In search of these ficcares: Border jewel:emerald/burgundy/wild berry or aquaMulti stripe 3 tone orange. Let me know if you have one for sale!

Length
    1.5"/40/41.5
    Type
    1b/F/M/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Lindseyh View Post
    So as pass waist and keep going I've been able to do more buns and better versions of some of my existing ones. Downside- I've noticed that some of my forks are getting to small! I've never outgrown a hair toy yet. While exciting, the idea of not using them or swapping them is kind of a bummer.

Just think of the positive side of outgrowing your hair toys.......You get to buy new ones!
    Maintaining at Classic for awhile.
    Laydye Aurora of the Spynning Fybres in the Order of The Long Haired Knights

Practicing Patience veryhairyfairy's Avatar
    Length
    APL/CBL/???
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

Welcome, jo-jo1uk!

I think your natural taper is really lovely, heartgoesboom, and it looks so long and shiny! Can I ask what kind of hemline you have?

Blegh, I've gotten into the bad habit of checking my length each time I'm washing my hair now... bad fairy! It was just so wonderful to discover that sopping wet I'm BCL... but I have to remember that I won't really be there with dry hair for another few months.

I just need to keep drinking my protein shakes and putting it up. I still have an entire 6 weeks until I'm 'allowed' (by myself) to take a new length shot. *insert impatient Sonic foot tap with folded arms*
    Formerly a Henna-Head, formerly FTL, formerly patient

Length
    21/38/Term
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii/iii

Hello everyone!

Tonight I decided to take a few photos and discovered I'm farther along than I thought. Seems that I'm already at waist level. Before tonight I've never really looked at my hair, except when I've checked braid quality in the mirror, etc. and quick checks when I've trimmed the ends. Like some of you have mentioned, I also don't feel like my hair is all that long. So.... I'm going to keep going!

I'm confused on the hip level, but I'm thinking I have about 5" until BCL. Maybe 7" to tbl.

After spending about a week lurking around the boards, I've decided that the best thing I can do for my hair is to do something different with it. Most days I put the front up in a jaw clip. This is causing little hairs to break off on my crown. Also my sides seem to have stunted growth. The longest hair above my ears is about APL (ragged, almost frizzy too). Might be because for many years my objective with braids and ponies were to give myself a face lift in the process. I can do a messy scrunchie bun and be satisfied now

Length
    21/38/Term
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii/iii

Here's a pic that sort of shows my length. Only one on my iPad at the moment.... I hope this works.

Length
    20/36/45
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

*peeks in* Hello!

I used to be a regular in this thread a few years ago, and I was getting so so close to tailbone... but then I got pregnant, and at 7 months along I decided to chop it all back off to APL. I wasn't sure I'd find the time to look after it with a newborn. It turned out to be a good plan, honestly, as my post partum shed was freaking INSANE... I shed a 2 cm strip around my whole hair line and felt like my house was filled with hair even at the length I was. I had tennis-ball-sized hair mats coming out of my brush. So uncool. D:

So now it's been 2 1/2 years since my last trim, and I'm back to the same length I was before the chop, maybe the tiniest bit longer. And this time there will be no excuses: I am going to pass tailbone, dammit! :P I have a trim booked in finally this week and I can't let myself get carried away. Which is a minor challenge, because honestly I've been struggling with my hair recently. It's so hard to get it looking presentable.

I wear a bun every day but it would be fun to have a ponytail once in a while, or go totally crazy with a half up... but I just can't. I have reasonably thick hair (~3.5"), but the hairs themselves are very fine, wavy-but-not-wavy-enough-to-be-waves, floaty and flyaway. The slightest breath of wind and it's a huge, frizzy mess. If I comb it, it transforms into a triangular panel of fluff, but if I don't comb it, it looks messy and tangles really easily. The shed hairs have now grown back into weird, uneven APL/BSL-ish layers (depending on which part of my hairline they're growing from), so even plaits and buns can be pretty messy.

I'm using a lot of the tips and tricks I picked up the first time around here (oiling the length, cold water rinses, CWC, scalp washes, no heat, protective styles etc), and my hair is soft and healthy. But I need some hair-prettifying witchcraft and maybe a specific product recommendation or two so I can show it off once in a while... I'm thinking a good leave in conditioner could help? Are there any mousses around that work for those of us without 'proper' waves?

Thanks so much for having me... and for wading through my little wall of text!

Anyway, here's my 'journey' in pictures:-

At it's longest, around July 2011

Chopped off! November 2011

Yesterday, somewhere between hip and tailbone? I have a short body, so all these milestones are packed together a bit after waist.

ETA: Oops, sorry the pictures were so big originally! They should be a bit more manageable now.
    Last edited by Jomo; March 30th, 2014 at 09:06 PM.

Hoping for tailbone plus length hair for Christmas!