Page 324 of 1373 FirstFirst ... 2242743143223233243253263343744248241324 ... LastLast
Results 3,231 to 3,240 of 13724

Thread: Waist | Hip | BCL | Tailbone

Someday the Northern Realm in the Highlands
    Length
    24in/47in/Term
    Type
    3b/3c/F/i

Default Re: waist to tailbone

I made better progress than expected. My crowm back hair had a growth spurt this spring and almost caught the middle layer. The middle back is at TBL and the crown is grazing TBL. Even my little square inch of slow growing hair at the top of my head made progress and is approching hip. I will still be trying for my front sides, fringe and little square in rear top to get to TBL, so I will be here for a while longer. JUst slowly growing out the layers
    "Creation is the first Icon of God"
    3 layers, Fringe-4ac fi frizzy, crimpy,coily. Canopy-3bc fi, spirals, coily. Rear-2abc fi wavy, wispy, coily

Type
    1b/1c/F/M/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by spirals View Post
    I think I have a heavy autumn shed, yet my ponytail is always 4" around. Unless you have bald spots, I wouldn't worry.
    Thank God, no bald spots here. I'm grateful for that, but my ponytail at nape is 2.7 inches, while at top its almost 3.7 inches..I kinda refuse to believe that my bangs alone are about 1 inch...

Quote Originally Posted by WaitingSoLong View Post
    I don't know that you can do anything about it.

I seem to have a huge shed every 2 years. It last a couple months. My regular shedding is pretty low, though, nowhere near the "average" from what I have read. I am guessing 20-30 hairs a day. I shed more on wash days. I never noticed my huge sheds until I started paying so close attention to my hair when I found this forum. Who knows what is really normal for me, I have been watching it 4 years.

You may try counting the hairs. It could be well within normal shedding. If you are actually developing bald patches I would go to the Dr. asap.

Scalp oiling can cause more shedding at first, if that is something new you have been doing. Some have found new supplements can do the same. Going on or off birth control, there are just so many things. Anything majorly hormonal, like birth or a miscarriage, anything majoryl stressful, like moving, divorce, death in the family, etc. Not everyone gets hair shedding from these things, though.

I would just look for anything really different, if there is nothing, and you feel well, I would just wait it out. I wrote my dates down after my last shed (earlier this year) and was surprised at how long it lasted. 2 months is a long time to have excessive hair shedding! But now my hair is thicker, so it must not have been all that bad!
    I've actually started counting my hairs shed/day now. According to dermatology books it should be less than a 100 hairs/day. And I'm within that range. Usually within 20-75 hair strands/day. Not sure if they're breakage or actual shedding though.
    Oiling and washdays have more shed than regular days. But also, if washdays are reduced to twice a week, than overall shed/week goes up drastically. So, for now I know it's not excessive washing...

Again, thank you so much for all this help and info. It's helping me alot with figuring what to do now.

Length
    APL/WL/Knee
    Type
    1b/1c/M/ii

So, I haven't been posting very much recently due to a long bout of benign neglect, but here I am offically joining the thread! I am almost at hip length.
    APL // BSL// WL / HL // BCL // TBL // CL // FTL // MTL // KL
    Participating in: No trimming 2024

Length
    1.5"/40/41.5
    Type
    1b/F/M/i/ii

YAY, mallorykay13, your hair looks lovely. Great growing. You'll get there soon.
    Maintaining at Classic for awhile.
    Laydye Aurora of the Spynning Fybres in the Order of The Long Haired Knights

Length
    APL/WL/Knee
    Type
    1b/1c/M/ii

I recently posted my 2 year update, and apparently I have a fast growth rate!
    APL // BSL// WL / HL // BCL // TBL // CL // FTL // MTL // KL
    Participating in: No trimming 2024

Length
    APL/calf/??
    Type
    1a/F/ii

My newest length picture, taken today.

Holy crap! I am only one inch or so away from TBL (the bottom of my t-shirt).
    Probably my hair grows faster than I supposed.

Length
    18"/MB/MB
    Type
    1a/F/ii

Holy Crap is right, Butterfly! Gorgeous hair.

Length
    12 in/28 in/50 in
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Altocumulus View Post
    I was solidly TB until this weekend, when I trimmed off 5" of wispy, see-through ends. Now I'm at hip when stretched and waist+ when curly. My routine was and still is mostly CO with an occasional S when I think it's necessary. I've been using either conditioner mixed with a few drops of jojoba, or coconut oil as a leave-in. I'm trying harder to protect my ends...they were uneven before mostly because of old layering and previous big sheds, but I would like to keep them in good condition and relatively even as they grow back. That means switching from a sleep braid to a sleep bun and being more vigilant about wearing my hair up. The only other difference is that my hair doesn't get caught in my pants anymore!

ETA that it took about 9 months to grow from waist to TB, with an average growth rate of 0.75"/month and no trims.
    I find myself in a similar situation. I am just about TB but same with you I have a lot of wispy hair on the bottom. I should cut it a bit but I am scared.

2a/b-F-ii-Waist Almost at TBL!!!

Length
    BSL/Waist/TB
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Butterfly, wow you have my dream hair!

My husband says I'm waist length, not sure though I look at all of this pics of hair, and I suddenly feel my hair is so short lol I would love to have it tailbone length!