Page 1364 of 1374 FirstFirst ... 36486412641314135413621363136413651366 ... LastLast
Results 13,631 to 13,640 of 13733

Thread: Waist | Hip | BCL | Tailbone

Length
    CBL/WL/HIP
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Default Re: Waist | Hip | BCL | Tailbone

floridaorchid your hair is so shiny, I love the color!
    CBL 2015 - BCL 2019

⋆Hangin out⋆

Length
    0.5"/27"/???
    Type
    1b/1c/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Nefcerka View Post
    This is yet another rant about my hair, but there wonīt be any more coming anytime soon (I hope) because Iīve made up my mind and I am happy with my decision.

On May 2nd 2019 I had my hair cut into a very short pixie (2 cm on the top, shaved in the back) and started fresh on my journey. It will soon be a 5th anniversary of growing out my hair.

Based on my calculations, my hair grows a solid 2 cm a month on average, which is pretty fast – for me, anyway. If I hadnīt done the trims to get through awkward pixie stages and regular 4 cm yearly trims, I couldīve been past classic, nearing FTL by now. Not bad growth at all.

I could call TBL on my anniversary, Iīm 2 cm away. Took the picture last week. I could even be at classic easily by the end of the year. But I am not going to make it.

I had an app. 4 cm trim between the two pictures and it made zero difference. My ends are not damaged, they just grow thin.

For some reason I cannot stand hair this long on myself. It started to bother me in terms of management, handling and its appearance somewhere between hip and BCL. I just donīt like how it feels.

Thing is, ever since that fresh start five years ago, I strived to take the best possible and achievable care for my hair, within my means and time abilities. But itīs pretty clear, that although my hair grows fast, the majority of my hair strands have a lifespan of 3 years. Only about 25 % of my hair seems to make it past WL.

I am not ruling out the possibility of growing longer than this in the future at all. But for the moment I am going to search for my happy place, length-wise, which is currently shorter than TBL. Iīll start with a small cut, see how that feels, wait a few weeks and then decide on another one – or not.
    The part that I bolded is quite literally exactly how I felt last year when my hair got to ~TBL! I really enjoyed getting to hip, but past that somehow it became a massive hindrance and I felt like it overwhelmed my frame somewhat. I got so sick of it and chopped back up to slightly above BSL No regrets! You've made it amazingly long in just under 5 years with trims! I hope that whatever you decide to do length wise makes you happier with your hair! Definitely a smart decision to take off a little at a time rather than whacking off multiple milestones at once (not that I'd take my own advice on that of course).

Quote Originally Posted by pisinoe View Post
    I've been back at hip for a bit but I don't remember when I got back here because I'm no longer paying attention to my hair length, oops!
    Nicely done, amazing what happens when you don't obsess over your length, it just... grows! Even without constantly being watched
    Last trim 20th Jun 2023.
    Buzz-SL[17"]-APL[20"]- BSL[25"]-WL[28"]-HL[31"]-TBL[34"]-CL[38"]
    Buzz 2018- 35"/TBL 2023

Type
    1b/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Brandt View Post
    Wow, Nefcerka--that is fast growth, both in the past 3 months and 5 years! Your hair growth is faster than mine on both counts (I've been growing my hair for a little over 4 years, and I've had no trims and am only to waist length with the very longest hairs). I wonder if variability in terminal length is effectively another variable--some people appear to have a greater range in strand lifespan than others (but why?). And is the terminal length variability kind of randomly timed--or is it like bamboo in the giant panda habitat where it's more in synch--and hence that causes separate big problems in the habitat (doesn't appear to be the case with you, but could there be others that have sudden shedding of hair for inherent-timing reasons vs. something external like stress or illness).
    One canīt have everything, I suppose. My hair does grow very fast, in my opinion anyway, but it does not live for that long. Generally speaking, hair lifespan is most usually anywhere between 2 - 6 years. Well, in that marker I am on the lower spectrum.

I remember that my hair appears to grow even faster at shorter lengths (probably because itīs more visible there). When I had a chin bob haircut, it would grow so fast that in a month and a half (!) I would have a really long bob and my hairdresser (friend) said she never saw anyone needing an upkeep so often, with such fast growth.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelp View Post
    Hehe thank you! The vibes are well received
    You are welcome

Quote Originally Posted by illicitlizard View Post
    The part that I bolded is quite literally exactly how I felt last year when my hair got to ~TBL! I really enjoyed getting to hip, but past that somehow it became a massive hindrance and I felt like it overwhelmed my frame somewhat. I got so sick of it and chopped back up to slightly above BSL No regrets! You've made it amazingly long in just under 5 years with trims! I hope that whatever you decide to do length wise makes you happier with your hair! Definitely a smart decision to take off a little at a time rather than whacking off multiple milestones at once (not that I'd take my own advice on that of course).
    I understand how you feel. And it makes little sense, because the difference between hip and BCL is not big at all, right? Iīm glad you found your happy place.

I never had hair this long before. And one would expect that a person gets used to the length, since hair grows slowly and changes are far from sudden. Well, I need to go back a little. Iīm thinking 15 cm off, for now. Because it will grow 5-6 cm back until my next trim in July anyway (Iīve decided to maintain some length with trims every 3 months).

Length
    HL/TBL/IDK
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by illicitlizard View Post

I feel quite the same around TBL. I feel I cant stand it or I want to trim, in some way around that length something clicks in my mind.

Length
    APL/WL/Knee
    Type
    1b/1c/M/ii

Joining this thread. I went on a hiatus and underwent a big chop. I'm barely at WL now so this will be my home for a while. Pictures to follow

Length
    27.5/30/42
    Type
    2c/3a/F/ii

Posting in celebration of reaching 30 inches. :

This is the first time I've ever tracked growth with measuring. I've gotten exactly two inches of length since I measured in mid-October. I'm hoping it's just a slow period and not my normal growth rate, but at least it's growing! Happy to finally see progress because I got too measure-happy and it was very much a watched pot situation, hahaha.
    "But if a woman have long hair, it is a glory to her: for her hair is given her for a covering." 1 Corinthians 11:15

Length
    18"/33"/45"
    Type
    1b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by jenniferrae View Post

This is the first time I've ever tracked growth with measuring. I've gotten exactly two inches of length since I measured in mid-October. I'm hoping it's just a slow period and not my normal growth rate, but at least it's growing! Happy to finally see progress because I got too measure-happy and it was very much a watched pot situation, hahaha.
    I always love the big even numbers! They are my favorite milestones.
    Congrats!
    Thinking Long Hair Thoughts

Length
    HL/TBL/IDK
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by jenniferrae View Post

Wow congratulations!

Type
    1b/F/i/ii

I cut my hair (by myself, cut on washed&dried hair) last week, as I had planned. I didnīt take a measuring tape to the bathroom, I went by feel. And landed at waist length.

My first thought was: Yes, yes, yes, I love it!

My second thought, when I took my hair down from the bun in the evening was: Holymoly, itīs so SHORT! But good short!

It honestly feels awesome. My braid is full to the very end. My hair has is lighter, bouncier and looks healthier. I can still do most of my favorite buns, no problem. I could even wear my hair down if I wanted to (maybe I will, on occasion). I am extremely happy.

I plan to do trims every three months now. I have not decided whether I am going to maintain at WL or let it grow towards hip. At the moment I love this length too much, but if I ever get bored, I can just stop trimming and be at hip again in 6 - 9 months.

The picture right after the cut:

Length
    APL/WL/Knee
    Type
    1b/1c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Nefcerka View Post
    I cut my hair (by myself, cut on washed&dried hair) last week, as I had planned. I didnīt take a measuring tape to the bathroom, I went by feel. And landed at waist length.

My first thought was: Yes, yes, yes, I love it!

My second thought, when I took my hair down from the bun in the evening was: Holymoly, itīs so SHORT! But good short!

It honestly feels awesome. My braid is full to the very end. My hair has is lighter, bouncier and looks healthier. I can still do most of my favorite buns, no problem. I could even wear my hair down if I wanted to (maybe I will, on occasion). I am extremely happy.

I plan to do trims every three months now. I have not decided whether I am going to maintain at WL or let it grow towards hip. At the moment I love this length too much, but if I ever get bored, I can just stop trimming and be at hip again in 6 - 9 months.

The picture right after the cut:

Your hemline looks beautiful
    APL // BSL// WL / HL // BCL // TBL // CL // FTL // MTL // KL
    Participating in: No trimming 2024