Page 11 of 1369 FirstFirst ... 91011121321611115111011 ... LastLast

Thread: Waist | Hip | BCL | Tailbone

Length
    21"/39"/44"
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

Default Re: waist to tailbone

Quote Originally Posted by Calista View Post
    Deborah, is the fanny in the front or in the back in the USA? I know itīs opposites for UK and US, but I get them mixed up all the time.

Does anybody else find that their ends are becoming much more of a problem? Someone mentioned at the beginning of this thread that her ends crave moisture, and oils just donīt do the job anymore, and I started to feel the same. I have to baby my ends all the time, and still they seem crappy, so I microtrim a lot. Which might be a reason why tailbone doesnīt seem to get nearer.
    Yeah, but my ends were always dry I think. I put shea butter with little bit of coconut oil before bunning it to sleep, that's what makes them soft again for me.

Soft hair that is nice to sit on - now I'm bragging!

Length
    29/33/more!
    Type
    2a/M/ii

I've reached hip now, so about 3 inches to a definate tailbone without stretching (or leaning my head back!) I think. All this year I am cutting half an inch every two months (which should be about half this years growth, though I don't monitor it much so it could be more or less) to get rid of some sun-frazzled ends. So nearly there by the end of the year!

I hardly ever wear it down now - I actually feel a bit stange about people seeing it now, though I'm not really sure why. I haven't had any negative comments or anything but I do think people start to notice it beyond waist as being a bit unusual.

Length
    17"/29"/35"
    Type
    3a/F/M/iii

Wow...I think I can finally join this thread...my hair is longer than I realized. It is curly so I usually have to do the stretch thing to tell real length. When I stretched last night it just barely reached to waist length. I'm so happy! I want it to be there while curly so I have a ways to go....plus I have layers and I want to grow them in so that all my hair will reach waist. But man am I excited!?!?!?

Length
    SL/W/?
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii/iii

My longest layers are somewhere around hip. I just trimmed 2 or 3 cm today and will probably continue doing small trims once in a while to let the shorter layers catch up. I don't know if I want my hair to get much longer than this, especially as the layers grow out. Lately I've been wearing it up/back nearly all the time and I'm thinking about bangs to soften the look. Bangless looks better when my hair is loose but I'm not sure I wear it like that often enough now for it to be worthwhile.

Length
    16"?/29"/40"
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

I' ve been to TB then up to hip and back to almost TB again. Now I'm at waist again with plans to go back to TB once again. It took me close to 2 years from waist to TB the first time. I think I did about 4 small trims along the way. My ends were delicate and dry no matter how well I treated them. I do deep treatments and oil the ends all the time. I've also gotten in the habit of doing updo's a lot of the time. I think I'm doing about all I can. Now that I'm back up to waist length I'm finding that my hair is a lot more fun to wear down and I'm enjoying it more. I'm kind of seeing a cycle of going to TB and cutting back. I like the change. There are things I love about both lengths and I like having a growing goal to work for. I have a feeling that my hair just is not meant to be TB with a thick straight hemline. But that's OK. I'm cool with letting it grow and trimming it back.

I am not here to decorate your world

Length
    21"/32.5"/30-34
    Type
    2a/F/M/i/ii

I unfortunately got "chopped" out of this group when i decided to snip my hair.
    But i'd like to be here soon! I'll be here before a years time hopefully!!!
    ...Our hairs are just like the rings of a tree, they tell a story of what they have been through
    ...[me]
    old hair journal - pb - Lady Teesha, Minikin of Joy! OZ's where R U?

Length
    APL/Knee/Knee
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Deborah, is the fanny in the front or in the back in the USA? I know itīs opposites for UK and US, but I get them mixed up all the time.

Does anybody else find that their ends are becoming much more of a problem? Someone mentioned at the beginning of this thread that her ends crave moisture, and oils just donīt do the job anymore, and I started to feel the same. I have to baby my ends all the time, and still they seem crappy, so I microtrim a lot. Which might be a reason why tailbone doesnīt seem to get nearer.
    It's the front in the UK, which is why I giggle when I hear a bum bag called a fanny pack. Of all the things to laugh at when watching The Simpsons...

I'm in this team now, and trying really hard to get past waist. My ends feel pants all the time if I'm not careful to put enough oil on. It's literally only *at* waist that I've needed to start oiling every day. I'm reverting back to what I used to do at classic and seeing if that works.
    Finally at knee, with a new quest for thick ends!
    📸 Hairstagram

Type
    1b/F/M/ii

I guess I am on my way to tailbone, allthough I am still not certain where waist lenght is . Having a short torso I feel like I am cheating .

When it comes to changes in routine I have only this past year started to take advise from the knowledgeable folks here at LHC, and only the last month with a larger degree of seriousness . The first change I did was to stop brushing with a knobly paddle-brush while my hair was still wet! About 2 weeks ago I threw out all damaging brushes and replaced them with my new bacelite combs from hairsense.com and the Tangle teezer. I think this is the most important change for me But I am still learning!
    :: 1b/F/M/ii :: Classic ::
    Hair goal: Long healthy natural silver hair
    Starting point: Corona pandemic 2020

Length
    waist/TB/long

OOPS! Where I come from 'fanny' means the same as bum or backside. I didn't know it ever meant anything else!

Length
    28/36/TB
    Type
    1b/M/ii

I've lurked on this forum for years. It helped me get from BSL to waist where I am now. My goal is classic, but I'm not sure my ends can take it. Henna has really helped me the most.

Looking forward to reading everyone's journey!