Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Sunflower oil?

Default Re: Sunflower oil?

Quote Originally Posted by Priska View Post
    If you're asking me, i put half-and-half. But right now i've fallen in love with sunflower oil and I'm putting only that at the moment. But i'm mixing it into the shampoo and it works well that way. If i'm using the oil only as a pre-poo, I think coconut oil is easier to use, at least for me. By now the sunflower oil has left my hair greasy if i have used only it that way..
    I'm sorry I see now that this my answer was totally incomprehensible. I guess I mixed this thread with some other thread and I meant that if I mix sunflower oil with shampoo, that's my ratio, same amount of shampoo and sunflower oil. I actually have not tried many different ways to use sunflower oil yet, but I find it's kind of strong oil and not getting rinsed off too easy. Might even leave the hair greasy, that's why I like to mix it with shampoo because that way the hair will not be greasy because shampoo is washing the hair in the same time. But this oil still gets my vote!
    Last edited by Priska; February 14th, 2024 at 12:18 AM.

Fiorentina A. Canaretti Fiorentina's Avatar
    Length
    BSL/HL/Class
    Type
    2c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Priska View Post
    I'm sorry I see now that this my answer was totally incomprehensible. I guess I mixed this thread with some other thread and I meant that if I mix sunflower with shampoo, that's my ratio, same amount of shampoo and sunflower oil. I actually have not tried many different ways to use sunflower oil yet, but I find it's kind of strong oil and not getting rinsed off too easy. Might even leave the hair greasy, that's why I like to mix it with shampoo because that way the hair will not be greasy because shampoo is washing the hair in the same time. But this oil still gets my vote!
    Thank you for your words, Priska
    I never came up with the idea of mixing oil directly into the shampoo, I usually apply it only to my hair. Now you made me curious. I think I should give it a try.
    What are you saying? How much oil do you use with how much shampoo?
    Regards
    Fiorentina
    A nice​ bun makes the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiorentina View Post
    Thank you for your words, Priska
    I never came up with the idea of mixing oil directly into the shampoo, I usually apply it only to my hair. Now you made me curious. I think I should give it a try.
    What are you saying? How much oil do you use with how much shampoo?
    Regards
    Fiorentina
    To the roots I only apply shampoo (some light, conditioning shampoo, sulfate-free is good). To the lengths I add maybe a little less than same amount with shampoo and to the ends a little more. I mix it very well in my left palm, stirring strongly with my index finger, this creates a white foam from shampoo-oil mix. To the very tips I still might add even more sunflower oil. You can make your own research which amounts are good for you, depends on hair type too My hair is fine, thin and from the ends very dry and tangly, but this gives really good result After rinsing I still make an acv rinse that I don't rinse off.

I also use Henrietta's stroke method with this oil-shampoo, meaning I try to flatten my hair cuticles by making them flat between my hands and pulling my hands down like this many times: https://forums.longhaircommunity.com...ad.php?t=67634 I also let the oil shampoo mix sit some time on my hair, while I wash my corps.

(That method is now working with me better with shampoo oil method than with conditioner. Conditioner always leaves some tangling residue to my ends, oil-shamphoo does not.)
    Last edited by Priska; February 14th, 2024 at 12:42 AM.

Length
    SL/BSL/TBL
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/ii/iii

Hey Priska! I put some sunflower oil in my shampoo today, thought I’d share with you
    I had very little shampoo left in the bottle, so I figured it’d be a good time to try it. I poured a glug of sunflower oil in the almost empty shampoo bottle and shook it well, I was aiming for a 1:1 ratio. First thing that surprised me was the change of color of the shampoo - it’s normally a semi transparent pearly white, after mixing with the oil it was 100% opaque white, didn’t see that coming lol. I massaged it well in my roots, it did lather up ok, but wasn’t quite enough for the lengths. When I rinsed it off, I didn’t get that clean hair feeling. I couldn’t tell if it was because of the oil or because it had been awhile since my last wash, so I went for a second round. There was very little left, so I added a bit of water to the bottle to get it all out. Now that lathered up like crazy and there was plenty for the lengths too. I washed it all the way down to the ends, which I never do. I was intending to not use conditioner and just the oil shampoo as that was the original idea from the oil shampoo thread if I remembered correctly… But while my hair did feel squeaky clean, it wasn’t smooth enough to detangle safely, so I did end up using a tiny bit of conditioner for that.
    I didn’t let the shampoo or conditioner sit on my hair (because I didn’t have hot water and wanted to get tf out lol). Out of the shower, I just put a little bit of hair oil on the ends, wrapped in microfiber towel for a bit, then air dried

It did dry very soft and shiny and with lovely movement down to the ends! Only downside (for me) was the crazy floof of frizz I’m not sure yet what I’ll do next time, but I’ll keep you posted
    overall: SL>>>APL>>>BSL>>>WL>>>HL>>>BCL>>>TBL
    natural: 0>>>EL>>>CL>>>SL